Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

xbox bundle pack still available online anywhere?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-03, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know, the one that comes with that racing game and jet grind.... figure if im gonna buy an xbox i may as well get some free games with it, but is that bundle still available to buy online anywhere?
Old 09-08-03, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wouldn't put too much effort into hunting it down - since you can pick up the twin pack of games for about $6...

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=950211

You might want to wait (like I am... be like me) until the new bundles come out and get something cool like Splinter Cell instead, hopefully with the S-Controller and a price drop.

Or, in the second scenario, wait (like I am... be like me) for a price drop and bundle and find out around the release of the PS4 that it never actually happened.
Old 09-08-03, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
There is a new bundle with Splinter Cell and MechAssault. This is a much better bundle, IMO.
Old 09-08-03, 05:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,176 Likes on 4,205 Posts
Absolutely go with the new bundle. I see the old bundle games go for $1.99 on ebay daily. I bought mine off half.com for $7.50 shipped, and I paid too much.
I haven't seen the new bundle online yet. Apparently it's only been seen at Walmart until now. Anyone heard anything different?
Old 09-08-03, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,928 Likes on 1,491 Posts
You can get the old bundle at costco, plus dvd remote and extra S controller, for 219 or so. Which was a good deal, until the new bundle came out. Isn't it also retailing for 149 now too?
Old 09-08-03, 07:59 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

anyone know time of new bundles?

last i read nintendo was rumored to make first move end of september...
Old 09-08-03, 10:23 PM
lurkr4vr

IGN claims that the Gamecube is dropping to $99 at the end of September. I bet the others drop prices as well.
Old 09-09-03, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Decker
Absolutely go with the new bundle. I see the old bundle games go for $1.99 on ebay daily. I bought mine off half.com for $7.50 shipped, and I paid too much.
I haven't seen the new bundle online yet. Apparently it's only been seen at Walmart until now. Anyone heard anything different?
Decker iv tried my lacal Walmart and it was a no go-i was told that there not sure if there getting anymore in

will these show up online soon????what does WallyWorld get the Exclusive before anyone else!!!!

i want this bundle as im a shooter by heart!
Old 09-09-03, 05:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

let's say im impatient and don't want to wait a few weeks for something that might not happen, if im gonna buy the free games for 6 bucks, is there anywhere to buy an xbox cheaper than the standard price of 179.99 (without buying a refubished one)?

thanks for all the replies -
Old 09-09-03, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DrJag
let's say im impatient and don't want to wait a few weeks for something that might not happen, if im gonna buy the free games for 6 bucks, is there anywhere to buy an xbox cheaper than the standard price of 179.99 (without buying a refubished one)?

thanks for all the replies -
I don't think it matters how impatient you are, you're probably not going to get one for less than $179 for the console and one controller. I mean, they already lose $1075 per unit anyway and have to make it up by selling millions of preowned $1.99 two-packs on eBay...

You don't want a refurb? How about USED!??!?!

Seriously... I would wait. C'mon...you can do it

Anyone else know what this is?

XBOX HW HOLIDAY BUNDLE
Pre-Order: Ships on 09/30/2003
$179.99
Old 09-09-03, 11:37 AM

I think it's pretty self-explanitory. Xbox, conrtoller, The Clone Wars and Tetris World Online and two free months of Live. Not a huge deal, by any means, but it would go along with others who posted that they would soon change the Live Starter Kit since it would be very unlikely to bundle both the console and the starter kit with the same game. I guess this is their answer to the new PS2 bundle, but I don't know how many people are going to rush out and buy the console for those two games
Old 09-09-03, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think it's pretty self-explanitory. Xbox, conrtoller, The Clone Wars and Tetris World Online and two free months of Live.
Bah! I swear... they updated that minutes after I first posted it... when I first posted they didn't even have an image available... I'm not crazy... someone else saw it too, right? right? *echo*

Agreed, this isn't a great bundle, just because of the two games they package with it. I'd much prefer Jet Set Radio and Sega GT, these two look fairly awful. But this is a good sign...no?

Now if they would only package it with Kabuki Warriors and Shrek Super Party...
Old 09-09-03, 12:26 PM

If you know anyone in Canada you could ask them to pick up the Adrenaline pack for you.

It comes with Halo, Amped & the new S controller. Also for a limited time it is also being packaged with Turok. Price is $279 Canadian which is about $204 US.

I got a deal on an open box back in June for $222 Canadian
Old 09-09-03, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 162 Posts
Turok

Somebody would have to PAY me to take that game in a bundle...
Old 09-09-03, 03:20 PM

Originally posted by cheapskate
Bah! I swear... they updated that minutes after I first posted it... when I first posted they didn't even have an image available... I'm not crazy... someone else saw it too, right? right? *echo*
Oh, OK. That makes more sense. I was about to send you to the Sylvan Learning Center for classes in reading comprehension.
Old 09-09-03, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh, OK. That makes more sense. I was about to send you to the Sylvan Learning Center for classes in reading comprehension.
No kidding...

Still, for anyone who does need a little help understanding it, here's a $25 off coupon for the Sylan Skills Assessment

http://www.educate.com/specials/skills25.cfm

Nice bargain!
Old 09-09-03, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts
My local Wal-Mart had 1 bundle pack left with SC in it. I almost bought it too, but I don't really know if I'd like it
Old 09-09-03, 07:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by nickdawgy
My local Wal-Mart had 1 bundle pack left with SC in it. I almost bought it too, but I don't really know if I'd like it

was that the one with Splinter Cell and MechAssault????

if yes!!!!maybe i need to search all NJ walmarts!!

i wonder if the wife feels like taking a ride Sunday!
Old 09-10-03, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts
yep