XIII preorder benefits

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

XIII preorder benefits

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-03, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XIII preorder benefits

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/...s_6074556.html

Looks like preordering XIII for any system (including PC) gets you a free soundtrack CD. Not too shabby. Just checked EB and they're offering free shipping on all XIII preorders too. Very nice ;p

PC Version

Xbox

PS2

GC

pretty sure those are the dvdtalk links.
Old 09-04-03, 06:07 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I really like the look of this game, although I preferred the original dude's voice to Duchovny's. But with so many top-notch FPS games coming out, I'm going to play "wait and see" with the reviews and word-of-mouth.
Old 09-04-03, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Duchovny is the only reason I am at all interested in this game. I'm not going to preorder but his involvement in this project puts it on my " gotta try it " list.
Old 09-04-03, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

With this deal I think I'll go ahead and preorder -- I just hope the comic books finally make it over here. I'd heard vaguely about them earlier, but I don't remember who's working on translations right now. I don't think it's Humanoids Publishing for the english versions, but there has been discussion about it on their forums.
Old 09-04-03, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Pre-order and receive a free XIII Soundtrack! Promising a blend of funk beats and progressive hip-hop, contributors from the collective to the soundtrack include: Z-Trip, Romanowski, DJs Faust and Shortee, J-Boogie, Jack Dangers, DJ Zeph and Bing Ji Ling.
I think I'll pass. I can wait for a better price... losing such a cool CD soundtrack is quite a sacrifice, but one I'm willing to make.
Old 09-04-03, 11:37 PM

Originally posted by Trigger
I think I'll pass. I can wait for a better price... losing such a cool CD soundtrack is quite a sacrifice, but one I'm willing to make.
Ditto. But that soundtrack sounds so amazingly awesome. I just wonder if it's new material or previously released...
Old 09-12-03, 06:43 AM

I played the PC demo and it's now on my "must buy" list. I really dig the cartoony style. Now, the big decision is which platform to buy it for. Multiplayer is very important to me and from what Gamespot wrote about the various multiplayer modes (see below), I'm leaning towards the xbox version.

PS2
Multiplayer modes include the hunt and power up, with up to four players online, in addition to two-player split-screen offline play. The PS2-exclusive mode, power up, is a custom deathmatch multiplayer mode with a broad selection of classic and even bizarre power-ups. In the hunt, players chase a running target throughout the map, with points assigned based on how many times the player is hit. The target becomes smaller as it is hit and therefore becomes more difficult to target.

Xbox
Xbox gamers get modes with four-player split-screen offline support and online battles for up to eight players. The exclusive Xbox Live mode, sabotage, will have two teams compete for control of different strategic points in the map. One team must defend these points, while the other team must destroy them. If time runs out, the defending team wins, while the attacking team wins by destroying all of the defense points.

GameCube
The GameCube version offers four-player split-screen play in deathmatch, team deathmatch, capture-the-flag, and hunt modes.

PC
The PC version features online multiplay for up to eight players per map and an exclusive map editor for gamers to create their own levels.
Old 09-12-03, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm gettin the PC version, but I might also pick it up used for Xbox later...
Old 09-12-03, 04:05 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I didn't realize there was a demo. I'm glad I tried it, because the controls make it unplayable. The mouse jumped around like crazy, and adjusting the sensitivity did nothing.

No sale for me unless they release another demo proving they've fixed this issue.
Old 09-12-03, 04:43 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Unless it gets rave reviews, I'm not buying the PC version because of the demo flat out sucked, IMHO.

Yes, the style is extremely cool but the gameplay is substandard for my tastes.
Old 09-12-03, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pre-ordered this today for the Xbox and at the store level they knew nothing about the bonus for pre-ordering it. Anyone know if it will be offered in store or if it is a web bonus exclusive like the guy at EB told me it might be?
Old 09-13-03, 07:28 AM

It will be available at retail soon and EB is supposed to get multiple versions of the demo. As per the internal memos at EB my buddy is a manager.
Old 09-13-03, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What's wrong with the demo? I played this at E3 and it controlled just fine.
Old 09-14-03, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by xmiyux
I pre-ordered this today for the Xbox and at the store level they knew nothing about the bonus for pre-ordering it. Anyone know if it will be offered in store or if it is a web bonus exclusive like the guy at EB told me it might be?
The article makes it sound like it'll work in store. At any rate, unless the links I posted have changed, EBgames.com is offering free shipping with preorders so it's around the same price either way -- can't remember but I think they charge online sales tax since they have stores in just about every state.
Old 09-14-03, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Tuan Jim
The article makes it sound like it'll work in store. At any rate, unless the links I posted have changed, EBgames.com is offering free shipping with preorders so it's around the same price either way -- can't remember but I think they charge online sales tax since they have stores in just about every state.
Well the issue for me is that i had some in-store credit that i put down for a couple pre-orders. So i needed to get mine in-store. Granted i'm not going to stress too much over not getting the soundtrack if that is the case - i just hate to miss out on a possibly cool freebie. I know i loved my promo sountrack to Jet Grind Radio on the DC.
Old 10-09-03, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Preordered at Best Buy for $5 and got the 2 level demo (PS2) and the soundtrack - the soundtrack is great and the demo has made this a must-purchase - very stylized and fun to play.
Old 10-11-03, 12:11 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

in the free EB magazine, it says if you preorderr for GC or XBOX, that you would get an exclusive multiplayer map, and 2 bonus levels that are not in the actual game
Old 10-11-03, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Liquid Death
Preordered at Best Buy for $5 and got the 2 level demo (PS2) and the soundtrack - the soundtrack is great and the demo has made this a must-purchase - very stylized and fun to play.
So they gave you the soundtrack already?
Old 10-11-03, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by xmiyux
So they gave you the soundtrack already?
The soundtrack and the demo come packaged together (two seperated discs) and they're out in the racks of Best Buy.
Old 10-11-03, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My brother asked one from Gamestop and they just gave it to him. I'll definitely be buying this game. Gameplay is good and the music is pretty cool. I like how they have headshots, like halo (even though i suck at it).
Old 10-12-03, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sounds like the Xbox version has been bumped to Nov. sometime. My gamestop still hasn't got the demo either (for xbox).
Old 10-15-03, 01:24 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 681 Likes on 457 Posts
FYI, the XIII preorder/demo/sountrack 2 disc set was one penny at the Reston BB today.
Old 10-15-03, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,710 Likes on 1,063 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
I didn't realize there was a demo. I'm glad I tried it, because the controls make it unplayable. The mouse jumped around like crazy, and adjusting the sensitivity did nothing.

No sale for me unless they release another demo proving they've fixed this issue.
I had no mouse problems whatsoever with the demo.

I thought it was very cool and very fun. However, I'll wait and see how the Xbox FPS controls fare, otherwise I'll pick up the PC version.
Old 10-16-03, 02:22 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 681 Likes on 457 Posts
It's a pretty cool soundtrack, definitely worth a penny if you're at BB.

I don't have a PS2 yet, any word on wether there will be a demo disc for the Xbox?
Old 10-16-03, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Trevor
FYI, the XIII preorder/demo/sountrack 2 disc set was one penny at the Reston BB today.
How did I miss that? I probably walked right by it! I'll check again tomorrow. Looks like a great game!

The latest XBox magazine DVD (11/2003) has downloads of 4 of the songs on it but not a true demo.

SS

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.