Reload this Page >

James Bond: Everything or Nothing XBOX, GCN, PS2

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 09-03-03, 10:10 PM
lurkr4vr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just thought I'd start a thread to compile information on this title. I LOVED Goldeneye. I don't get into too many games ... just not good at it ... but enjoy playing a few titles. Goldeneye, Mario KArt and Shadows of the Empire kept me happy on the N64.

This one looks great. Anyone else excited about this release? DO you think the GAmecube version will look as good as the XBOX (I've decided to get a gamecube instead of an XBOX)

MM

Here's an early peek from Gamespot http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/act...w_6071301.html

At the recent Camp EA press event, we had a chance to check out a new version of EA Games' latest Bond game, James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing, which is currently in development for the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and GameCube. Unlike previous James Bond games, the new game is played from a third-person perspective with gameplay that closely resembles that of Metal Gear Solid and Splinter Cell--though there doesn't appear to be as much emphasis placed on stealth. In the first mission we saw, James Bond has to rappel down the front of a building while avoiding falling debris and fire spewing from windows. Once he successfully makes it down the building to a platform, the core gameplay mechanics start to kick in.

At this point, you can decide what sort of strategy you want to use when dealing with enemies--Bond can either rush in with guns blazing, or he can use a more stealthy approach by peeking out from behind walls to pick off enemies with his gun as they come into view. Since there are so many enemies in this particular area, a stealthy approach is much more effective, and since Bond can also use the walls as cover from enemy fire, there's much less chance that he'll be injured. But if you do have to run into the open area and start fighting, you'll find that the game's lock-on targeting system works reasonably well.

Essentially, you can automatically target an enemy by pressing a specific button on the controller and then clicking it again to acquire another target. If an enemy gets too close, you can remove Bond's weapon and instead use his fists to get rid of enemies. Interestingly, there's quite a bit of depth to the hand-to-hand combat. Bond can use a variety of different punches, throw his enemies, and even pick up items, like bottles, and use them as weapons. Of course, you have to be a bit careful when using hand-to-hand fighting against a large group, since other enemies will continue to fire at you in the meantime.

After dealing with the enemies in that portion of the level, Bond can rappel even further down the building, but this time, there are enemies coming down the side as well. Fortunately, you can target these enemies and easily dispatch them with just a few shots while making your way down.

This level is definitely a little more fast-paced than the other ones that we had an opportunity to try. In one level, Bond has to infiltrate a bar to locate a certain person captured inside. You'll not only have to find a specific entrance into the bar, but you'll really have to be stealthy to get into the main area. Thankfully, Bond has a stealth suit that camouflages his appearance, so when enemies or guards walk by he can either quietly take them out with a punch or two or with a silenced weapon. However, when you do eventually make it into the bar, the stealth element comes to an abrupt end as you're thrown into a massive firefight against several enemies equipped with shotguns.

Other missions are entirely vehicle-based. There's a helicopter mission where you have to follow an enemy helicopter as it maneuvers through a series of canyons with massive boulders and other obstacles being thrown into your way. There's also a driving sequence in which Bond zips down the freeway on a motorcycle.

James Bond 007: Everything or Nothing is scheduled for release later this year for the PlayStation 2, GameCube, and Xbox, and a Game Boy Advance game is also in development.
Old 09-03-03, 10:34 PM
Banned

I love Bond games and maybe thats because I love the Bond films. I got Agent Under Fire and Nightfire for PS2 and both were totally fun. I also have Tomorrow Never Dies and The World Is Not Enough and 007 Racing for PSX and I also totally enjoyed those. I'm really looking forword for the new Bond game.
Old 09-04-03, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the GC version looking any better or worse than the Xbox version as EA doesn't exaclty have the greatest track record of optimizing their multi-platform games. Expect slightly better(if at all) than PS2 graphics in each version.
Old 09-04-03, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3rd person really doesn't interest me. I'll hold out for the next FPS bond.
Old 09-04-03, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I was one of the few people who DID NOT enjoy Goldeneye or Nightfire. The FPS format doesn't do much for me even though I'm a big Bond fan. I'm welcoming the change to third person. I have the trailer on the PSM DVD. It looks really good.
Old 09-04-03, 12:35 PM
lurkr4vr

I just love Bond , period. I think I'd enjoy any game whether it's FPS or third person. THird person looks cool though. It's closer to "being Bond"

Some of those screenshots show BOnd looking exactly like Pierce Brosnan. Amazing.