Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Otogi - too hard!!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-03, 12:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Otogi - too hard!!?

Great game, but I fear the difficulty is going to ruin it for me very fast.. I'm up to level 4, where you have to fight the first boss - to make your way there he is shooting fireballs at you, your being attaced and there is a jumping puzzle. Nothing worse than a 3D jumping puzzle while being bombarded by things off screen. I made it through the first 3 levels without much problem, and this forth is insanely hard compared to those... I hope this isn't another case of a great game ruined by difficulty, no mid-level save and no easy option. Amazing how many developers forget games are supposed to be FUN!

Anyone else have trouble with this level or others so early in the game?
Old 09-01-03, 12:31 AM

I remember I had a heck of a time with the big spider boss, forget his name, of Devil May Cry. Its the first boss I believe and that thing killed me a couple 100000 times. From what I hear of Otogi, it is a lot like Devil May Cry. I am sure there is some sort of strategy you have to figure out to make the fight a lot easier, but at times, it is extremely frustrating when a fun game turns evil and frustrating on the first boss.
Old 09-01-03, 05:14 AM

I have heard that about this game, which scares me off of it. Whenever someone who reviews games for a living says a game is hard, I usually stay away from it. I'll wait for it to drop to $20 and pick it up used for about $10.
Old 09-01-03, 07:53 AM
Banned

I agree with you a %100 I'm sick of this crap with games. I just want to play and have fun with a game I don't gave a crap about being a master at it so I can beat the thing. I just want to relax and have fun and truth be told I don't like trying to win at a game sometimes I just want to sit down and knock the **** out of stuff. I don't beat a game cause it gives me a feeling of joy when I beat a hard level or anything of that sort I just want to have a fun time.

Also I'm sure one person is going to slim ya and say learn to play and blah blah blah stop being a baby games are to easy now anyway and other such **** like that. However I think games should not have codes but have all the code type stuff right in the menu that I can pick to turn on. I mean that way everyone wins I can play a game and just kill everything in sight and the person who wants to feel proud about beating a level can do his thing. I hate to bring it up cause I'm sick of hearing about how prefect halo is but it's skill levels was great I beat it on easy and had a easy time doing it then I tred the harder levels and I had to work harder to beat it. I mean is this crap so hard to do for game markers? It's easy to make everyone happy the hard core who want to take proud in beating a game and the other group who just wants to relax and have a fun time.

Also I understand your pain I'm playing SC2 right now and doing the master quist and I'm having to work hard as crap to beat the 3 stars levels I got no idea WTF I'm going to do once it goes into the 4 and 5 star levels. I mean crap Namco gave me the damn extra stuff don't make me suffer cause I happen to suck at the game. I mean I can play the arcade mode just fine so just lit me get everything without doing the quist if that is how I want to do it namco this **** going to make me cry in anger I tell ya.

It's easy to make everyone happy no damn idea why game company's seem to have such a hard time doing it.

Last edited by TOPDAWG; 09-01-03 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-01-03, 10:00 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Re: Otogi - too hard!!?

Originally posted by RCL66
Great game, but I fear the difficulty is going to ruin it for me very fast.. I'm up to level 4, where you have to fight the first boss - to make your way there he is shooting fireballs at you, your being attaced and there is a jumping puzzle. Nothing worse than a 3D jumping puzzle while being bombarded by things off screen. I made it through the first 3 levels without much problem, and this forth is insanely hard compared to those... I hope this isn't another case of a great game ruined by difficulty, no mid-level save and no easy option. Amazing how many developers forget games are supposed to be FUN!

Anyone else have trouble with this level or others so early in the game?
Not sure why you are having problem with this one but i thought it was pretty easy. Maybe i was lucky but i did manage to kill it with a couple of blows. Now level 5 is what i have problems with. All i did was hack and slash away the boss and did not deal with the creatures around him. I know there was a fireball but if you get close enough, it should not be an issue.
Old 09-01-03, 10:13 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I don't know what level the demo represents, but it was fairly easy.
Old 09-01-03, 10:37 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Otogi - too hard!!?

Originally posted by vhgong
Not sure why you are having problem with this one but i thought it was pretty easy. Maybe i was lucky but i did manage to kill it with a couple of blows. Now level 5 is what i have problems with. All i did was hack and slash away the boss and did not deal with the creatures around him. I know there was a fireball but if you get close enough, it should not be an issue.
HAHA read my post above I told you man it was going to happen someone was going to bring up your gaming skill level. Also you got to remember the AI is not going to do the same thing for everyone so the AI may have give you a easer run then the next guy.

OK to show my point I'm playing SC2 again and sometimes the computer will do power move after power move and kick my ass yet when I try again the AI will use weaker moves and gave me a few more openings so I can get in some big power moves. Sometimes I just know if the rat bastard did not hit that one power move I would have won the match. So while the boss may have used like say 10 fireballs on the guy who had a easy time with it maybe he is using like 20 on you and it makes it harder. I mean the AI will gave a different Patton to everyone I mean it will at least be a little different at least. So that may be why you having a hard time.

MOD EDIT: Removed sucky comment. -namja
Old 09-01-03, 10:58 AM

Re: Re: Re: Otogi - too hard!!?

Originally posted by TOPDAWG
HAHA read my post above I told you man it was going to happen someone was going to bring up your gaming skill level.
So where in my post did i mention about his gaming skill?
Did i say, your gaming skill was this or that?
Old 09-01-03, 11:26 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Otogi - too hard!!?

So where in my post did i mention about his gaming skill?
Well you said not sure why you are having problem with this one but I thought it was pretty easy. You're saying he is not as good as you being as you had such a easy time with it and saying I can't understand why you having a hard time is like saying you must suck cause it's easy. I'm sure you did not mean it in a bad way but that is how it comes out when you read it. It's no big deal just saying how it sounds when you read it. Also this is what I got to say to you're rolling eyes face

Last edited by TOPDAWG; 09-01-03 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-01-03, 11:39 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Otogi - too hard!!?

Well you said not sure why you are having problem with this one but I thought it was pretty easy. You're saying he is not as good as you being as you had such a easy time with it and saying I can't understand why you having a hard time is like saying you must suck cause it's easy. I'm sure you did not mean it in a bad way but that is how it comes out when you read it. It's no big deal just saying how it sounds when you read it. Also this is what I got to say to you're rolling eyes face
Have you even played the game yet?
Old 09-01-03, 11:52 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
MOD EDIT: Please don't call someone a loser. Thank you. -namja
Old 09-01-03, 11:52 AM
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Otogi - too hard!!?

Have you even played the game yet?
Nope but I plan to rent it at least if not buy it when the price is $20 and that should happen in 2 months like all sega games on xbox. What does that got to do with anything? However I have played games other people find hard and I had no porb but I would never just post and tell the person I had a easy time without giving them a few tips. I mean I'm not going to run up to someone in a wheel chair and say you should learn to walk I have a easy time with it.

Also before I made my post and made a ass out of myself I got someone else to read it and they came up thinking the same thing I did that you was downing his gaming skill. It's not big deal you got to remember what sounds one way to you in your head may sound different to someone else. Hell to me my post are easy to read and written just fine.
Old 09-01-03, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
MOD NOTE:

GizmoDVD, TOPDAWG, and others: Please refrain posts such as "you suck" or "loser" or any other derogatory comments towards other users. Thank you.

namja
Moderator, DVD Talk Forums
Old 09-01-03, 02:55 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Otogi - too hard!!?

Nope but I plan to rent it at least if not buy it when the price is $20 and that should happen in 2 months like all sega games on xbox. What does that got to do with anything? However I have played games other people find hard and I had no porb but I would never just post and tell the person I had a easy time without giving them a few tips. I mean I'm not going to run up to someone in a wheel chair and say you should learn to walk I have a easy time with it.

Also before I made my post and made a ass out of myself I got someone else to read it and they came up thinking the same thing I did that you was downing his gaming skill. It's not big deal you got to remember what sounds one way to you in your head may sound different to someone else. Hell to me my post are easy to read and written just fine.
Assume all you want but at least play the game first and then
make your comments about it.
Old 09-01-03, 03:00 PM
Banned

Originally posted by namja
MOD NOTE:

GizmoDVD, TOPDAWG, and others: Please refrain posts such as "you suck" or "loser" or any other derogatory comments towards other users. Thank you.

namja
Moderator, DVD Talk Forums
Say what when did I talk about anyone? I think you did not understand when I said maybe you just suck I mean suck at the game nothing is wrong with that I seem to suck at SC2 I did not use it as a smart-ass remark but as a joke to make someone laugh or smile. Anyway this is off topic but reading you're post makes it seem I told someone they suck and that is not true. I said maybe you're losing in the game cause you suck I might at the game and might it as nothing more then a joke. namja you make me cry You can delete this if you want but reading your post makes it seem I was being a ass and that Sir sure does indeed suck

Come on people lits all have a huge group hug. man night people I'm going to bed now. I love you all and I hope we stay together for a very long time.
Old 09-01-03, 04:12 PM

i don't like games where you can't adjust the difficulty. if a game is really hard on normal there should be an easy option or very easy option so people who just wants to finish the game can. there should be a reward for those who finish on harder levels.

with that said, I've been playing Ikaruga for the past day. hand sore hand sore..still havent beat it yet =(
Old 09-01-03, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Action Replay, people
Old 09-01-03, 09:40 PM

Originally posted by GatorDeb
Action Replay, people
Does Action Replay work well? I have been thinking of getting one myself. I heard a lot of complaints about it on the web that made me a bit uncertain about it.
Old 09-01-03, 09:51 PM

Say what when did I talk about anyone? I think you did not understand when I said maybe you just suck I mean suck at the game nothing is wrong with that I seem to suck at SC2 I did not use it as a smart-ass remark but as a joke to make someone laugh or smile. Anyway this is off topic but reading you're post makes it seem I told someone they suck and that is not true. I said maybe you're losing in the game cause you suck I might at the game and might it as nothing more then a joke. namja you make me cry You can delete this if you want but reading your post makes it seem I was being a ass and that Sir sure does indeed suck

Come on people lits all have a huge group hug. man night people I'm going to bed now. I love you all and I hope we stay together for a very long time.
Yup getting out of hand, here on me!
Old 09-02-03, 07:01 AM
fab

Action Replay, people
Isn't the Action Replay for the XBOX just a way to transfer saves to and from your XBOX? It's not a true cheat device such as the PS2 and GC versions... right?

--
fab
Old 09-02-03, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,883 Likes on 1,239 Posts
Originally posted by fab
It's not a true cheat device such as the PS2 and GC versions... right?
I think GatorDeb has said something about that being the case once or twice...