New AC/DC dvd on the way!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-03, 04:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New AC/DC dvd on the way!!!

Vintage AC/DC Show Hits DVD
Wed August 27, 2003 11:49 AM ET
By Jonathan Cohen

NEW YORK (Billboard) - While AC/DC gets down to business on its next studio album, its new label has set a Nov. 11 release date for "Live at Donington," a two-hour DVD chronicling an Aug. 17, 1991, show at the famed outdoor U.K. venue.

Originally issued on VHS in 1992, the DVD will be packaged by Epic Records in a deluxe digi-pack with a 12-page color booklet.

At the time of the performance, AC/DC was touring in support of its 1990 album "The Razor's Edge." Opening cut "Thunderstruck" and "Moneytalks" are represented from that set, as are such classics as "Back in Black," "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap," "You Shook Me All Night Long," and the show-closing "For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)."

The DVD is packed with extra features, including a director's cut by original filmmaker David Mallet, a remastered stereo audio track and 5.1 Surround mix, and the option to view several songs with a close-up view of guitarist Angus Young.
Old 08-28-03, 06:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I the only one here who considers "vintage AC/DC" to be the 70's version with Bon Scott? I guess it's the same as when I see an auction on eBay for a Motley Crue shirt that I owned in high school called "vintage".

Brett
Old 08-28-03, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

*soon to be moved to Music Talk*
Old 08-28-03, 07:22 AM

I'm not much for "live" music. I wish AC/DC and other bands would release MTV era videos on dvd. I just got Poison's Greatest video hits and it had, i believe, all of their videos. I would love to have GNR's Welcome to the Video's released on DVD, hopefully including "You could be mine" which is not on the VHS, probably because of the T2 footage.
Old 08-28-03, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Brett44
Am I the only one here who considers "vintage AC/DC" to be the 70's version with Bon Scott?

Brett

Nope.
Old 08-28-03, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are there any acdc dvds that have them performing "big balls"?
Old 08-28-03, 08:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Unfortunatly looks like a lot of the same songs as the No Bull DVD.
Old 08-28-03, 09:37 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
If it ain't Bon Scott, it ain't vintage.

Anyway, looking forward to this disc.
Old 08-28-03, 10:35 AM
Rest in Peace

I seen these guys with an italian american woman Blonde who didn't care if I was in a wheelchair year 1986; Mulenburg hall up on the mountain outside of Bethlehem, PA.

P.S. I have the pre-record Vhs Donnington that was mentioned
Old 08-28-03, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by danol
I seen these guys with an italian american woman Blonde who didn't care if I was in a wheelchair year 1986; Mulenburg hall up on the mountain outside of Bethlehem, PA.
I've read this sentence five times, and I'm still confused.
Old 08-28-03, 11:20 AM

What is up with 'Rock Masters - AC/DC (1977)' that has been a preorder on Amazon forever with no release date set? I've been waiting and waiting....
From Amazon:
Description
Heavy metal's bad boys tear the roof off the London Hippodrome in this concert filmed at the height of their popularity. These irreverent, outrageous rockers celebrate rock 'n' roll at its most fast and furious as original vocalist Bon Scott leads the band through storming versions of their greatest hits! Songs: Let There Be Rock, Problem Child, Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be, Whole Lotta Rosie, Bad Boy Boogie, Rocker, T.N.T.
Old 08-28-03, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally posted by Geofferson
If it ain't Bon Scott, it ain't vintage.

Anyway, looking forward to this disc.
I agree with that, even though, overall, I prefer post-Bon Scott AC/DC (just more of my favorite songs)
Old 08-28-03, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Turd Ferguson
I've read this sentence five times, and I'm still confused.
danol. 'nuff said!
Old 08-28-03, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Originally posted by Upper pylon 3
I'm not much for "live" music. I wish AC/DC and other bands would release MTV era videos on dvd. I just got Poison's Greatest video hits and it had, i believe, all of their videos. I would love to have GNR's Welcome to the Video's released on DVD, hopefully including "You could be mine" which is not on the VHS, probably because of the T2 footage.
I agree--to me, a concert film or live footage has very little replayability. Especially given the dearth of music videos now, I'd buy a video collection before a live collection [if I liked the songs, of course.]
I can see the appeal of a concert film, especially with a good sound system, but just not my thing. The camera always seems to spend too much time on the audience instead of the band.
Old 08-28-03, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmmm, I wonder when Aerosmith will finally get theirs out
Old 08-28-03, 08:13 PM

Some quick replies to the thread:

-I agree, 1991 is definitely not vintage.
-I disagree, I would much rather have a live concert dvd than a compilation of videos (Beastie Boys CC excluded).
-There are no dvds that have them performing "Big Balls". Unfortunately, they have never performed this song live.
-Yep, a lot of the same songs as No Bull. But if you like AC/DC waaaaay too much like me, this is still good news
-I've read elsewhere that the "Rockmasters" dvd has been postponed indefinitely. Rumor is that the distribution company did not get permission from the band to put out the dvd. When the band found out...
Old 08-29-03, 09:37 AM

Originally posted by dtcarson
I agree--to me, a concert film or live footage has very little replayability. Especially given the dearth of music videos now, I'd buy a video collection before a live collection [if I liked the songs, of course.]
I can see the appeal of a concert film, especially with a good sound system, but just not my thing. The camera always seems to spend too much time on the audience instead of the band.
Hmmm, and I disagree. I own a fair amount of concert DVDs now and they're the ones I seem to watch most. There's just something about re-living concerts from your favourite bands, or in some cases, experiencing what a show would have been like "back in the day." (Still have to get that Zeppelin DVD!)

This AC/DC disc looks pretty good and I'll most likely get it... I kept hearing about their old LET THERE BE ROCK concert film being released to DVD but that still hasn't seen the light of day. Bon Scott, Angus and the boys live in Paris on the HIGHWAY TO HELL tour, now *that's* vintage AC/DC!