Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Would watching 24 S2 promo DVD spoil Season 1?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-03, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got the free DVD with the first two episodes of 24 Season Two. I'm very curious about this show, as I've never seen any episodes from either season. Would the first two episodes from Season Two spoil Season One for me?
Old 08-28-03, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I think so. It depends on how much you know about the show at this point. I can think of two specific ones right away. Maybe even three. Also you pretty much know how the first season ends if you know that Jack survives and such. Which might seem obvious going in, but it was still always an issue when first watching the season.

K
Old 08-28-03, 04:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm in the middle of watching the first season for the first time (great show, of course, as I got on this way late) and from my understanding, things that go down in season 2 would spoil season one. My friend said he watched the first couple episodes of season 2 when they first aired and two major angles were ruined because he had yet to see season 1 at the time.
Old 08-28-03, 04:12 AM

It would spoil many of the surprises in the first season, yes. It's hard to say much without spoiling, but part of the second season relies heavily on a very shocking moment from the first season. Another part relies on the resolution of a major first-season storyline. Knowing the second-season relationships between characters will kill some of the first season tension, and even things that aren't outright stated can be at least partially spoiled by something as simple as casting.

There'd be some surprises left, but many (possibly most) of the really, really good ones would be ruined.
Old 08-28-03, 06:26 AM

Just do yourself a favor and buy season 1... then buy season 2... they are soooooooooooooo worth it!
Old 08-28-03, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is going off of memory, the biggie (the end shot of season 1) is briefly mentioned by Kim the daughter but not specificly what happened. the one involving Palmer may be implied what happened early on but is not mentioned in detail for a few episodes in.
Also, rent the first season at blockbuster (now 8 day rentals)If you get really into the show like many of us did, you can do 4 or 5 episodes a night (each disc is at bb seperate)
Old 08-28-03, 10:00 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

The short answer is YES. Just knowing there is a season 2 is the first spoiler and they add up rapidly from there.
Old 08-29-03, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thanks. I'm borrowing the first two discs from Season 1 today. If I like them, then I'll go ahead and buy Season 1.

I know nothing about either season, and I'm trying to avoid all spoilers. The Sixth Sense was ruined for me before I saw it the first time, and I've never forgiven that person for it.
Old 08-29-03, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If you're anything like me, you'll finish off those first two discs in one or two sittings, and you'll be hungry for more.