Reload this Page >

Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!

Old 08-26-03, 10:56 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!

Got my copy of SC2 for the Xbox today and it rocks!!
Graphics is great, gameplay is excellent but only the sound is the one lacking. Personally i think it really doesn't matter which console you play on, this game is almost perfect. Load times on the XBox is really fast. Although if you have an Xbox, i think you should go for it but nevertherless, this is one game that should be in every fighting fan's collection. In conclusion, i think i would give it only a 9/10 only due to the fact that the sound could be better.
Old 08-27-03, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool that you got it.

Man, if only I started a thread way back in the day to take all these threads.. oh wait, I did.
Old 08-27-03, 01:02 AM
Banned

Re: Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!

Originally posted by vhgong
Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!
Captain Obvious to the rescue.
Old 08-27-03, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Man I cannot wait to get the full version of this. I have the Xbox demo and it is frickin amazing. I have to wait until payday so I can pick up my copy.
Old 08-27-03, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,093 Posts
What's the big deal with this game?

Did I see Spawn as one of the characters? What's that about?
Old 08-27-03, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Can you cut Sueng Mina's head off in this one? I've been waiting for that since the first game.
Old 08-27-03, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Giantrobo
What's the big deal with this game?

Did I see Spawn as one of the characters? What's that about?
Each console has 1 exclusive character. Here's how it breaks down:

Gamecube--Link from Legend of Zelda
XBox--Spawn
PS2--Heihachi from the Tekken series

As for what's the big deal? Just play it and you'll see what the big deal is. I still have the original for Dreamcast and it is still one of the best fighters I've ever played.
Old 08-27-03, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

ok , fair enough.
Old 08-27-03, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Indeed, Soul Caliber was the only 3D fighter I've ever been able to play. I'm looking forward to playing this newest installment.
Old 08-27-03, 08:02 AM

i'm going friday morning to get my copy at cc and i can hardly wait!

pixyjunket, i too would like the option of cutting off sueng mina's head!
Old 08-27-03, 11:55 AM

What's up with all the Seung Mina hating? -.-
Old 08-27-03, 12:27 PM
Banned

I played the demo of it on the last OXM demo disk and I just could not get into it. I loved the one on DC but something just did not feel right when playing that demo. Does it play better then the demo version? I got no idea why I hated that demo something just did not feel right about it.
Old 08-27-03, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by TOPDAWG
I played the demo of it on the last OXM demo disk and I just could not get into it. I loved the one on DC but something just did not feel right when playing that demo. Does it play better then the demo version? I got no idea why I hated that demo something just did not feel right about it.
I feel the same about the demo (X-BOX) but I loved both SoulBlade (PS) and Soul Calibur (DC), so I'll definitely be getting this. For some reason it didn't feel as comfortable playing the game with the X-Box controller but I guess I could get use to it.
Old 08-27-03, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by kaiyouske
-.-
Is that morse code?

Sueng Mina is obnoxious. Blah. I liked slapping her around with Rock using the biggest hammer he had. Now Taki, there's a girl with some class.
Old 08-27-03, 12:41 PM

Re: Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!

Originally posted by vhgong
In conclusion, i think i would give it only a 9/10 only due to the fact that the sound could be better.
I think the sound is terrific. What's wrong with the sound? Are you playing it on a dolby digital 5.1 surround sound system? I am and I think it sounds great. I hear the wind in the back speakers and the sound just really seems to immerse me into the game. I really disagree with saying the sound isn't good.
Old 08-27-03, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!

Originally posted by Cyberock
I think the sound is terrific. What's wrong with the sound? Are you playing it on a dolby digital 5.1 surround sound system? I am and I think it sounds great. I hear the wind in the back speakers and the sound just really seems to immerse me into the game. I really disagree with saying the sound isn't good.
Maybe I missed it the other threads, but does the Xbox actually have full 5.1? Or are we just getting Dolby Surround?
Old 08-27-03, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Soo.. what # is your Link Litho if you got the GC version? mine is 85.
Old 08-27-03, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Re: Re: Re: Soul Calibur II Rocks!!!

Originally posted by PixyJunket
Maybe I missed it the other threads, but does the Xbox actually have full 5.1? Or are we just getting Dolby Surround?
XBOX FULLY supports DD 5.1.

However, it really depends on how well the game maker sets it up on the game. I have some really great 5.1 games like HALO, GHOST RECON, and MECHASSAULT and some not so good 5.1 games like BLOORAYNE where the sound is hollow and not very well executed.
Old 08-27-03, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,227 Posts

...has 5.1 if you use the optical cable and have a receiver that supports it, at least. The DD 5.1 indicator always pops up on my receiver whenever I play XBox, whereas it depends with DVDs.
Old 08-27-03, 03:52 PM

The game does support 5.1 unlike the PS2 and Cube version which is only Doby Prologic II.

Another bonus on the Xbox version is the support of 720p compared to only 480p on Cube and I believe 480p ( I did read somewhere 525p so I'm not sure) on PS2. The game looks amazing on my HDTV.

Last edited by Cyberock; 08-27-03 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-27-03, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Soo.. what # is your Link Litho if you got the GC version? mine is 85.
What are you talking about?
Old 08-27-03, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Now Taki, there's a girl with some class.
Damn you are a serious dweeb.
Old 08-27-03, 05:14 PM

Is that morse code?

Sueng Mina is obnoxious. Blah. I liked slapping her around with Rock using the biggest hammer he had. Now Taki, there's a girl with some class.
Morse code? Nah, it's a face. See? -.- or -_- ;p Anyways, taki? Sure I guess I can use her....when I wanna see 2 water balloons bouncing around.... ;p
Old 08-27-03, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by SpaceBoy
What are you talking about?

Link lithograph that came with EB preorder of the GC version. they are numbered on the back.
Old 08-27-03, 07:49 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Gideon68
I feel the same about the demo (X-BOX) but I loved both SoulBlade (PS) and Soul Calibur (DC), so I'll definitely be getting this. For some reason it didn't feel as comfortable playing the game with the X-Box controller but I guess I could get use to it.

HMM well I got no porb with the control it was the game play something about it just did not feel right to me. Maybe it was cause I'm just not good at the game now like I was on the DC I mean I was getting my ass headed to me really bad. They may also have changed the speed or something just something about the game play did not feel right I did not like that girl she was to fast moving and nightmare is god damn slow as **** now so he was hard to use I will rent the full game and I hope when I play it more and get deeper into it and used to the speed changes I'll like it as much as the one on DC. I do wish thay would bring back the in-game movies that was on the PSX game.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.