Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Anyone find The Brood or Poolhall Junkies anywhere today?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-03, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry if this threads annoy anyone, but they are always helpfull to me & I think a few others. Anyway, I went to Best Buy, Circuit City, & CD World (a formerly great chain in New Jersey) today & couldn't fing The Brood, one of my most anticipated releases anywhere. Also couldn't find Poolhall Junkies anywhere either. Another DVD I was looking forward today. Amazon & a few other sites had them as being releaesed today. Anyone know if they were? Thanks as always.
Old 08-26-03, 04:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Went to Best Buy today to pick up Poolhall Junkies for a friend, and one of the workers told me that it's been delayed till next month. Blockbuster also said it's been delayed until 9/16. However, I did find one copy of it at Coconuts, though it was priced at $26.99
Old 08-26-03, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For some dumbass reason,Best Buy,SunCoast & all the other stores had every new MGM release expect for The Brood & Squirm!

I asked the clerks for them,could'nt even find them listed anywhere on the computer!

I was very blunt & told them i will just order them online then,which had the clerks pleading "We can special order it for you...just put down $5!"..& i smiled & said "No thanks..i'll save much more online" since if you don't have the stuff i want. I'll just buy elsewhere.

I did pick up The Vampire Lovers & The Howling SE though. Really wanted to pick up the other two titles as well. Then i would be done buying dvds for at least a month or so. Since i really have to start limiting myself. Will save most of the others for Xmas or something.
Old 08-26-03, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Julie Walker
For some dumbass reason,Best Buy,SunCoast & all the other stores had every new MGM release expect for The Brood & Squirm!

I asked the clerks for them,could'nt even find them listed anywhere on the computer!

I was very blunt & told them i will just order them online then,which had the clerks pleading "We can special order it for you...just put down $5!"..& i smiled & said "No thanks..i'll save much more online" since if you don't have the stuff i want. I'll just buy elsewhere.

I did pick up The Vampire Lovers & The Howling SE though. Really wanted to pick up the other two titles as well. Then i would be done buying dvds for at least a month or so. Since i really have to start limiting myself. Will save most of the others for Xmas or something.
Oh yeah. Add Squirm as the other DVD I couldn't find anywhere today, (I would never buy from Suncoast so I didn't check there). Best Buy had plenty of Howling: Special Edition & for only $15 which was awesome.
Old 08-26-03, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts
Mondo Kim's in NYC has The Brood.
Old 08-26-03, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
I saw Poolhall Junkies at Wal*Mart today. I wasn't looking for it, but did see a few copies of it in the New Releases section.
Old 08-26-03, 06:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well the only reason i checked SunCoast is they are trying to get rid of as many $14 or less dvds as possible with a buy one,get 50% off the next.

So basically i'd be paying about the same price had i bought them at Best Buy for $9.99.

Yet even they did not come through,the bastards! Oh well,more reason to never ever shop at SunCoast!
Old 08-26-03, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All I could get @ BB was Tomb of Ligiea. The rest of the MGM double features I'll have to order online.
Old 08-26-03, 06:17 PM

Poolhall Junkies was delayed until 9/02 according to my computer at work (Best Buy).
Old 08-26-03, 06:24 PM

I bought 9 of 12 dvds(new releases) at BB today....shocked. as for The Brood...they had 3 copies. I picked up 1 copy, then the dude behind me checked out what I picked up...and he bought one also. 12 copies there of Burnt Offerings and about 6 of Squirm. I couldnt find Bone from Blue Underground...but just ordered it online.
Old 08-26-03, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I couldn't find The Brood , Poltergeist II & III or Burnt Offerings anywhere here in Canada. Those bloody distributors don't get the product in when they should.
Old 08-26-03, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by TomOpus
I saw Poolhall Junkies at Wal*Mart today. I wasn't looking for it, but did see a few copies of it in the New Releases section.
Now, I'm even more confused. You said you found copies of it today, yet several other people here are posting that it was delayed. So who is telling the truth?

Gutwrencher - You have a great best buy by you. Mine had Raw Meat but those others I went to 4 different stores today & couldn't find them anywhere.
Old 08-26-03, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

We got several copies each of all this week's MGM horror titles at the Borders I work at. $11 a piece, aside from the Howling which was $14.99.

Also had a few copies of Pool Hall Junkies, but it was $23.99 and not on sale. If it has been delayed, no one told us.

Last edited by Cosmic Bus; 08-26-03 at 07:15 PM.
Old 08-26-03, 07:14 PM

Originally posted by Sessa17
Now, I'm even more confused. You said you found copies of it today, yet several other people here are posting that it was delayed. So who is telling the truth?
Both can be telling the truth. Some stores put discs out on the shelves early. For example, I purchased The Brood in a store 2 weeks ago.

DJ
Old 08-26-03, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by djtoell
Both can be telling the truth. Some stores put discs out on the shelves early. For example, I purchased The Brood in a store 2 weeks ago.

DJ
Oh, I didn't mean it accusingly, I'm just confused is all.
Old 08-26-03, 07:22 PM

Originally posted by DVD Giant
Poolhall Junkies was delayed until 9/02 according to my computer at work (Best Buy).
BB computers....suck. I sometimes ask a bb dude to check the computer...just for a laugh. I've gotton so much wrong info from them that it's hilarious. today they told me God Told Me To was delayed. when I pulled it off the shelf and handed it to him....he became a real jerk!

according to some sites I just visited....Poolhall J's is in stock and ready to ship. didnt see it though....didnt look for it. Sessa17...my BB was great today....yes. most other days they suck.

Last edited by gutwrencher; 08-26-03 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-26-03, 07:37 PM

I bought poolhall junkies for $17.99 at costco. The reciept says no sell 8/26.

I also some copies of the brood at circuit city
Old 08-26-03, 07:50 PM
dgc

J&R in NYC has all the new releases which is why I prefer shopping there instead of Best Buy.

Poolhall Junkies - $19.99
The Brood - $9.99

BTW, deepdiscountdvd has The Brood for $9.12.
Old 08-26-03, 11:50 PM

I'm the DVD dept at the Borders I work at and we got Poolhall Junkies and I put it out on the shelf.
Old 08-27-03, 07:46 AM

Couldn't find The Brood, Q - The Winged Serpent, or God Told Me To here in Cleveland. I'll check out some more stores today.
Old 08-27-03, 10:55 AM

Netflix shipped me Poolhall Junkies yesterday, so if it is delayed, noone told them either.
Old 08-31-03, 11:46 PM

I picked mine up the day it was released; however, it didn't have the same coverart as the ones advertised on the internet. the cover I got was in black & white. this dvd was purchased at lasers edge, and the coverart they have on their web page was not the same as on the dvd.
Old 09-01-03, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Circuit City had all of this week's MGM releases I could think off offhand, with the exception of Squirm. Best Buy didn't carry many of those titles, including Squirm, which I guess I'll have to order online.
Old 09-01-03, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I saw it at Walmart in Phoenix.