Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Feedback > Forum Feedback and Support
Reload this Page >

Blocking images in HTML email: Will it mess up DVDTalk mailings?

Forum Feedback and Support Post forum feedback and related problems, here.

Old 08-26-03, 10:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's what Yahoo says:
Emails can contain offensive images or can contain invisible images that tell the sender that you have opened that email (and thus verify that your email address is active). To prevent spammers from subjecting you to these images, you may wish to prevent all images from loading until you are satisfied that they are safe to view. This is one of the many ways Yahoo! Mail protects you from spam.

By enabling the option to "Block HTML graphics in email messages from being downloaded," all remotely stored images will be replaced with this image . To view the message with the original images, click the "Show HTML Graphics" link at the bottom of the message.

Why do I still see images in Yahoo! Mail?
Images that are sent as attachments will be shown in the attachments area, even with this option turned on. Also note that this option will not prevent images outside of the email messages from loading. Navigational, informational, and advertising images will still be loaded.
I've been so slammed with spam lately that I'm trying to turn on any feature they have. But will this ruin my DVDTalk newsletters?
Old 08-27-03, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it would - instead of images, you'd probably get placeholders instead. Plus, all you'd have to do when you open the DVDTalk Newsletter is click the "Show HTML Graphics" link and you'd see it as it was meant to be seen.