Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Anybody anticipating Disgaea: Hour of Darkness?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-03, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just read an article about it at gamespot...i've been looking forward to this for some time now. The article makes it sound even more interesting and fun to play. I really enjoy strategy rpgs (right now i'm spending way too much time on Advance Wars 2) and I wonder if anybody else will be getting this game.
I finally used some left over credit at spun.com and pre-ordered it...that in itself was a tough decision since I was seriously considering Soul Calibur II!
Anyway, here's the article if anybody is curious about it (hope I did this right).

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/disg...w_6073667.html

Last edited by claweight; 08-20-03 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-20-03, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
I read about it in Game Informer and immediately knew it was for me (I love the RPG/Strategy meshes). I'm off to watch some gameplay movies but I think I'll end up picking it up.

BTW I put in over 100 hours into Advance Wars 2
Old 08-20-03, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yep!!

This game looks awesome! I've been following it for some time and I can't wait for it. I'm glad to see sites like gamespot giving this game some exposure, I haven't seen very much on any others. Thats a nice read, thanks for the link .
Old 08-21-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Is it Xbox or PS2 exclusive? I've always thought that Atlus has the best games by far on any console, I love everything about the way they make their games.
Old 08-21-03, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
PS2 exclusive.
Old 08-21-03, 10:29 AM

Actually, Atlus is publishing this title. I agree that they are a good company bringing some nice Japanese games stateside. But apparently they aren't doing enough since many have been clamoring for Shin Megami Tensei 3 game, of which I know very little. It looks really interesting especially if you enjoyed the two Persona games for the PSone, which seems to be apart of that universe. I'm sure someone else on this board knows more about this subject.
Old 08-21-03, 02:29 PM

Extra note: Atlus games are niche Japanese games so PS2/GBA platforms is the best choice. Xbox is not Japanese friendly and Gamecube needs to release more titles to even build up an audience for anything. Since they're very niche titles, games are printed in very low quantities since few even top 25,000 copies. Compare this to other titles 50,000-500,000. This board is filled with casual gamers here so I'm surprised someone even mention Disgaea.
Old 08-21-03, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah Atlus is just publishing it, the developer is Nippon Ichi. But it's screnshots like this that make me thank God for Atlus bringing this game stateside .

As far as Shin Megami Tensei, I think the newest one was Shin Megami Tensei 9 for the X-Box, but it did horribly for a SMT game in Japan. The online version was delayed indefinitely and then finally cancelled earlier this week. Because of that they probably have no chance of coming out in the US. Here's hoping SMT3 on the PS2 will do well enough to come over here . They would probably release it as Persona 3. Oh and there's a GBA version coming out too.