Reload this Page >

What was the outcome of Push, Nevada?

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 08-20-03, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know the show was canceled and everything, but what was the solution? Where was the money? I don't recall ever seeing the solution.

Damn, that was a good show.

Old 08-20-03, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Can't remember everything, but there was a telephone number that you had to call in order to win the money, and the first person through won it. The number was cryptically shown throughout the episodes I think (at least the last one)...
Old 08-20-03, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's it? So all the clues throughout the show led to a phone number? I thought it was supposed to be some kind of location.

Old 08-20-03, 09:43 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jim Prufrock, the IRS investigator and protagonist of the show, got on and read off this series of numbers... "First, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth," etc., something like that. This was the order in which you had place the clues... first episode's clue, fourth episode's clue, etc. Then you matched the first letter of each clue to its corresponding number on a telephone. Then you called the number.

I was proud to be the first person on the TWoP boards to figure it out and call it in. A lot of people thought it was going to be some sort of location you had to travel to, but I didn't think that it would be that complicated... I mean, we're dealing with a major network here, and I figured they'd dumb it down as much as possible.

There was also this great little novella/character guide called "The Push, Nevada Experiment" which was written from the point of view of one of the people behind the secret of Push and explained exactly what it was. I thought it was neat and interesting reading, but it also left on an uncertain note:
Spoiler:
apparently Jim Prufrock's dad was one of the masterminds (along with the author) behind the Push, Nevada experiment, and he's alive, not dead... but what part he will play in unraveling the experiment is yet to be determined.

If you (or anyone) wants it, I have it in .pdf... drop me a line if you're interested, and I'll e-mail it to you.
Old 08-20-03, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I knew you'd have some sort of answer Static. I sent you an email.