Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Season Finale Dead Zone 08/17/03

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-03, 10:23 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Season Finale Dead Zone 08/17/03

Wooo, Heck of a Season ender! It had a very interesting twist and an awesome cliffhanger. Plus continuation of the Armageddon storyline.

For those who missed it, here is a spoiler filled plot outline:

Spoiler:
Johnny finds out who the mysterious stranger is has been appearing briefly in several episodes.

The stranger is a man who awoke from a coma after armageddon occurs. He too has been given the power of the dead zone. Through dreams, he is drawn to Washington D.C. to the same place Johnny saw himself at the end of Season 1, the bottom of the Washington Monument.

He finds the top of Johnny's cane at the bottom of the Washington Monument. Now, the stranger can see what Johnny sees and communicate with him.

Anyway, the majority of the story is about Johnny saving the life of the stranger's family from a crazed P.I. in exchange for information about the end of the world. The family is saved, but the stranger still ends up in the coma, thus his future is unchanged.

In the last scene, the stranger is still afraid to trust or help Johnny in any way. Why? He pulls out the cover of a tattered copy of Newsweek. It features Johnny's face with the caption "Will this man bring about the end of the world?"

I'm really looking forward to next year when the Dead Zone cranks up again. It's really starting to get good.
Old 08-18-03, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah a excellent finale to the excellent summer episodes which were excellent. It looks like we will be seeing more of those people next season
Old 08-18-03, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't believe that was the finale. Great episode. How many episodes where there in this season? It didn't seem like many.
Old 08-18-03, 07:18 AM

Received 514 Likes on 370 Posts
Originally posted by kantonburg
How many episodes where there in this season? It didn't seem like many.
So far there have been 19 episodes this season. 12 episodes from January 5th - April 6th and 7 episodes from July 6th - August 17th. Season One only had 13 episodes.

http://www.tvtome.com/DeadZone/eplist.html
Old 08-18-03, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ah I forgot about the first part of the season. Seemed like it was longer ago than that.
Old 08-22-03, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

USA has renewed its original drama "The Dead Zone" for a third season. The news was announced this afternoon via press release from the network:

"The Dead Zone," the hit series starring Anthony Michael Hall ("61*," "The Pirates of Silicon Valley," "Sixteen Candles"), has been picked up for a third season, as announced by Jeff Wachtel, executive vice president, series and longform programming, USA Network. The series is set to resume production this Fall.

The series' new season of 13 episodes is expected to bow next summer. Overall "The Dead Zone" averaged a 1.6 rating in adults 18-49 for its second season, a decrease of more than 33% from its first season average (2.4). USA executives attributed the loss to the show airing in the winter against the broadcast networks' regular programming. The show's "extended" season season this summer however actually came in below its winter episode average.
Link

Cool
Old 08-22-03, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts
I was suprised how well done the finale was. I had only caught a pair of episods in the mini summer season Osama and the plane crash ones and found them good but predictable. The finale put a whole new spin on the show and had some intersting plot arcs that seem to point in a darker more foreboding direction with the armagedon plot line comming to the forefront next season. I don't know how eager the public will be to see that plot line unfold given the tension in the world these days.

In a lighter note: Ioni Skye still looks great and it was nice to see her in something for the first time in years.
Old 08-22-03, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Alright - I don't have a TIVO and my work schedule doesn't allow me to catch the series, as much as I'd like - so when is season 2 comin' out on DVD? Have they already started work on the DVD release or what? Any news at all? I'd kill to see all of seasons two's episodes!! Arghhhh!!