Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Where is Hitman II XBOX 19.99 as a Platinum Hit?

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-03, 12:52 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A while back a thread regarding Quake II going to 19.99 said that Hitman II was on a list of the latest Platinum Hits for the XBOX. My local Best Buy has some of the others but Hitman II is still 39.99. That is the only title I want.

Anyone see it at another store?
Old 08-17-03, 01:15 PM
Banned

You may want to see if you can find a older copy of the game cause that one could be the censored one.
Old 08-17-03, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by TOPDAWG
You may want to see if you can find a older copy of the game cause that one could be the censored one.
How can you tell if it's censored/uncensored from the cover?
Old 08-17-03, 03:28 PM

yeah it's going to platinum and it should have been as of friday. look around and call places to find out.
Old 08-17-03, 06:17 PM

What was censored on it?
Old 08-17-03, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Originally posted by LuisL
yeah it's going to platinum and it should have been as of friday. look around and call places to find out.
BB had lots of brand new copies of Platnum versions of DOA (and I promptly bought one ), but Hitman was still at $39.99 in the original box only. Maybe their pricing system is messed up?
Old 08-17-03, 07:16 PM

Originally posted by menaz
What was censored on it?
Something about the cult members at the end of the game was found to be offensive to members of the Sikh religion. It was changed a little to eliminate the offensive depiction, but I'm not too sure of the details.
Old 08-17-03, 07:28 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Decker
Something about the cult members at the end of the game was found to be offensive to members of the Sikh religion. It was changed a little to eliminate the offensive depiction, but I'm not too sure of the details.
If I remember right they was just going to take off the whole level. Do a search on ign I'm sure something will come up. I hate when they change **** cause some people bitch I don't like god but I don't see anyone getting rid of that for me of course I'd never ever ask that I mean crap your always going to piss someone off no metter what ya do and ****.

Ok I find a link for ya here ya go http://<br /> <a href="http://www.g...319937.htm</a>

According to the petition, addressed to Eidos CEO Michael McGarvey, the game's representation of Sikhs and Dalits (outcast members of the Hindu caste system) as fanatical followers of a terrorist leader "may possibly endanger innocent Sikhs all over the world by connecting Sikhs with terror.

The hell wow guess I can't trust them white folks alot of them have been bad guys in games.

Sikhs' distinction in the Western world as the only turban-wearing ethnic group has already led to acts of misplaced violence and bigotry following 11 September.

WTF that got to do with the game!? If someone is already that dumb a game is not going to gave them any extra ideas. Man talk about some retarded ****.

Last edited by TOPDAWG; 08-17-03 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-18-03, 12:59 AM

Totally agree Topdawg, I guess the best thing we can do is find older copies on ebay and half.com As long as theyre less than $20, I dont care
Old 08-18-03, 11:55 AM
Banned

Originally posted by menaz
Totally agree Topdawg, I guess the best thing we can do is find older copies on ebay and half.com As long as theyre less than $20, I dont care
Well if I remember right the first print of the game had a picture of the 57 guy on a pure white background. I then saw a cover after this happend and they had a review score in the upper right conner. So I'm thinking the one with the review score may be the cut one and the PH is going to be the cut one for sure I bet. HMMMM anyone who owns the game can you help the poster out see if you can find anything so we can tell we are getting the uncut one.

Man I'm getting so sick of the world living in a place where the truth is not PC and therefor means wrong is BS. Also you should be able to find the game without using ebay and stuff I mean I still see that fighting game M$ said they was going to pull at almost every store I go too. I may go to BB later and I'm sire they never sent their copy back I will take a look at the cover to see if I'm right about the pure white one being the uncensored one.

Last edited by TOPDAWG; 08-18-03 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-18-03, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I don't find this to be a problem at all. Who cares if it is censored? The game is still great.
Old 08-18-03, 07:07 PM

Originally posted by jiggawhat
I don't find this to be a problem at all. Who cares if it is censored? The game is still great.
If they just removed the turbans from the baddies, I could give a rat's rear. If however they remove a level or something, that's different.

...well, it's not different to me since I found the game so damn hard that I couldn't even get half way through the first stupid level, but that's another story.
Old 08-18-03, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If they just removed the turbans from the baddies, I could give a rat's rear. If however they remove a level or something, that's different.

...well, it's not different to me since I found the game so damn hard that I couldn't even get half way through the first stupid level, but that's another story.
I'm interested in picking this up, but am not much of a stealth player. I had read some reviews that said you could play either way, guns blazing or stealth. What did you find hard about it? I don't want to pick it up if it is something that I wind up just giving up on quickly. If that is the case, I'll pick up DOA3 or Unreal instead.
Old 08-18-03, 09:23 PM

Originally posted by sniper308
I'm interested in picking this up, but am not much of a stealth player. I had read some reviews that said you could play either way, guns blazing or stealth. What did you find hard about it? I don't want to pick it up if it is something that I wind up just giving up on quickly. If that is the case, I'll pick up DOA3 or Unreal instead.
Well, level 1 involves infiltrating a mob boss' villa and killing him. I suppose you could try to blast your way in with your default guns but that would be really unlikely to work. It's just really hard to stay stealthy and then kill people with piano wire. The controls are akward as well. Maybe I'm not the right guy to ask, but I feel if I had this much trouble getting out of the first level, then the game's just too hard. Maybe you should give it a rent first.

Don't think you could go wrong with DOA 3 though. I picked it up yesterday.
Old 08-18-03, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, level 1 involves infiltrating a mob boss' villa and killing him. I suppose you could try to blast your way in with your default guns but that would be really unlikely to work. It's just really hard to stay stealthy and then kill people with piano wire. The controls are akward as well. Maybe I'm not the right guy to ask, but I feel if I had this much trouble getting out of the first level, then the game's just too hard. Maybe you should give it a rent first.

Don't think you could go wrong with DOA 3 though. I picked it up yesterday.
Cool, thanks for the quick review. I like some challenge but sounds like it may be a bit much, I'm more of the "Go to red base, kill everyone" kind of gamer ... Max Payne was a blast, and I only realized that I killed everyone I encountered when it was done

DOA3 it is...
Old 08-18-03, 10:03 PM

Well, I'm not a hardcore gamer, but it was MUCH harder than say Max Payne, MGS 2, GTA 3 or Splinter Cell. I wish I liked it more, because it does sound like it has some inventive gameplay elements, but between the difficult AI and the bizaro controls, I didn't have any fun with it.

DOA 3 is just good mindless fun, beautifully presented. I don't think it comes close to VF4 in terms of sophisticated gameplay, but it's a fun button masher and it sure is purty.
Old 08-20-03, 11:19 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Censorship issues aside, has anyone picked this up as a Platinum Hit. Everywhere I go it is still $39.99. I would like to pick it up this weekend.
Old 08-20-03, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Seems Like Best Buy and Circuit City are the only places to find the latest Platimnum hits titles (or at least some of them). Neither Target, Gamestop, EB or Gamecrazy know anything about 'em, at least no the ones I called.
Old 08-20-03, 08:47 PM

$19.99 at ebworld.com
Old 08-20-03, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
KB Toys had in store price of $19.99 as well. YMMV.