Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Good 4 player games for PS2, Xbox, GC, etc.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-03, 02:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a PS2, Xbox, Gamecube and Dreamcast, I'm thinking about getting rid of some of my 1 player games such as devil may cry, metroid prime, etc, so that I can pick up some more 4 player games or at least 2 players. These are the multiplayer games I own that alot of my friends enjoy.

PS2:
Hot Shots Golf 3
Bomberman Kart (japan)
Pac Man Fever
The Weakest Link
Timesplitters

Xbox:
Kung Fu Chaos
Halo
Whacked!

Gamecube:
Mario Party 4
Smash Bros Melee
Super Monkey Ball 2

Playstation - Devil Dice, Dreamcast - Virtua Tennis.

besides the obvious sports games are their any other titles out there that are good for 4 player party games? is Mario Golf worth it, i already have HSG3 for ps2. for me, when i have time to play video games, its usually when i have parties at my crib, or online on my pc. i rarely have the time or willpower to play single player.
Old 08-14-03, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

MARIO GOLF!!!!!!!!
Old 08-14-03, 03:17 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Gauntlet: Dark Legacy is pretty fun with four people.
Old 08-14-03, 03:23 PM

Mario Golf. Godzilla DAM: Melee is kinda fun for cheap.
Old 08-14-03, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'd say you go with Godzilla as a last resort. It got old for me real quick. It's fun if you can find it cheap, and I'm pretty most places it is.
Old 08-14-03, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hunter the Reckoning
Old 08-15-03, 02:40 AM

Groucho - is this similar to the Dreamcast version of Gauntlet, i forgot the exact title. that game was okay but there's really no clear winner. just button mashing killing bad guys.

Jediwicz - i was at Ebgames today, they offered me 9 bucks for MP, 12 bucks for Super mario sunshine and 10 bucks for Starfox Adventures. thats only 31 bucks..making Mario Golf around 20..hmm I couldn't decide yet. I also saw Zoocube used, for 11.99, it was 4 player wondered if it was any good of a puzzle game. it got 7.3 on gamespot.com

I'll look into Godzilla and Hunter The Reckoning. I'm looking for more party-like games, where the girls can play because it's simple. the only ones so far is Mario Party 4, Pac Man Fever (though not that great, its okay) and Super Shrek Party (rented, bad game). also Virtua Tennis..great game still, everybody loves to play.
Old 08-15-03, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think 4 player racing games like Project Gotham and Rallisport are very fun on the XBox.
Old 08-15-03, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Shrek party game is supposed to be pretty fun.
Old 08-15-03, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Originally posted by duy37

Jediwicz - i was at Ebgames today, they offered me 9 bucks for MP, 12 bucks for Super mario sunshine and 10 bucks for Starfox Adventures. thats only 31 bucks..making Mario Golf around 20..hmm I couldn't decide yet. I also saw Zoocube used, for 11.99, it was 4 player wondered if it was any good of a puzzle game. it got 7.3 on gamespot.com

My God. you didn't give those to them for that price did you?
Old 08-15-03, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

fusion frenzy for the xbox is good multi-player fun
also on the 'box is MechAssualt
the best though was on the DC
chu-chu rocket
i love that game!
Old 08-15-03, 03:30 PM

Originally posted by tanman
My God. you didn't give those to them for that price did you?
Nope, I just told em what I had, and that was the price eb were buying them for. Perhaps I would get more from ebay. then again, i still cant decide, i've sold games before on ebay, i just havent gone on ebay in nearly a year and im so lazy to. perhaps i'll just keep all my games, and just budget accordingly, getting only multiplayer games. i can't wait for the new Mario Kart.

Chu-chu rocket...hmmm, i'll have to look into that, Dreamcast's still getting some usage, mainly for virtua tennis.
Old 08-15-03, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but for 4 player action, Bomberman Generation rocks!

Its more like Super Bomberman on the SNES and not like the bad N64 ones. Pretty fun .
Old 08-15-03, 04:35 PM

Originally posted by duy37
Nope, I just told em what I had, and that was the price eb were buying them for. Perhaps I would get more from ebay. then again, i still cant decide, i've sold games before on ebay, i just havent gone on ebay in nearly a year and im so lazy to. perhaps i'll just keep all my games, and just budget accordingly, getting only multiplayer games. i can't wait for the new Mario Kart.

Chu-chu rocket...hmmm, i'll have to look into that, Dreamcast's still getting some usage, mainly for virtua tennis.
Good choice not to trade the games in. You'd get much better value selling them on the Video Game Exchange sub-forum here. I have $26 in my pocket if you are selling MP and SFA.

The real bonus is not having to be stuck buying Mario Golf at EB if you sell the games outright, which saves you another $5 if you buy at BB with the gamers gift card.
Old 08-16-03, 01:49 AM

Ive heard good things about Deathrow for the XBOX, but unfortunately Ive been unable to locate a copy while simutaniously having any type of available funds in my wallet.
Old 08-16-03, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Copenhagen
Hunter the Reckoning
I'll warn against this game again. It is incredibly dull and repetitive. While it was fun slaughtering zombies for about an hour and half after a little while you realize you are just doing the same exact thing over and over again. Run in a circle to bunch the zombies up then charge in melee style or stand back and shoot. Repeat ad nauseum while more zombies teleport in. Horrible.
Old 08-18-03, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 959 Likes on 666 Posts
Unfortunately there aren't too many good multiplayer games around anymore.

I liked Chu Chu Rocket but never played it multiplayer.

Mario Party is fun but I think it takes way too long to play a game. They need an option for fewer turns. Say a 15 minute game.

For pickup and play I second Monkey Ball, Super Smash Bros. and Godzilla.
The old 64 add on multiplayers were pretty fun too. Starfox, Donkey Kong etc.

Of course nothing beats Halo if you have hardcore friends.
Old 09-20-03, 03:03 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Outlaw
Haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but for 4 player action, Bomberman Generation rocks!
I love Bomberman. Unfortunately, Generation has the worst music ever! Why is there only one soundtrack for every level?

What do people think of Gauntlet: Dark Legacy and Deathrow as four-player games?

Or Jedi Outcast as a two-player game?
Old 09-20-03, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Uh... you can choose the number of turns you play on Mario Party. I agree that it takes a long time to play a standard 20 turn game, and even then you don't really get to make it across the board as much as you'd like. But it's one of the only games my wife loves to play (along with Animal Crossing), and it's very simple to pick up, with great explanations for all the mini games so anyone can play.

I also agree that the old N64 games were a blast to play multiplayer. We used to play hours and hours of starfox and mario kart...
Old 09-20-03, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

MechAssault is okay. We usually bring several games to these kinds of events, but wind up playing Halo the entire time.

For the type of stuff you are talking about Fusion Frenzy seemed like it would be good. Someone brought it to one of our get togethers and several people played it, but I'm more into the if it moves, shoot it kind of game.

For Coop, Gauntlet was a good one.
Old 09-20-03, 04:28 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One new 4-player game that I just picked up today is Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes, for the XBox. I'll get back to you on whether or not it's good.

Edit: Gamespot gave it a 6.6. Yeesh. Thank you, return-for-store-credit policy.
Edit2: Never mind, Gamespot underrated it, the game is just fine.
Old 09-20-03, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Static Cling
One new 4-player game that I just picked up today is Dungeons & Dragons: Heroes, for the XBox. I'll get back to you on whether or not it's good.

The reviews I read in EGM said that 4 player is where the game was pretty good. Basically been there done that otherwise, but again 4 player was supposed to be the best part.
Old 09-20-03, 07:56 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, but unfortunately I don't have four people to play with.
Old 09-21-03, 07:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Different system but,

N64 - Super Smash Brothers

Best 4player Game. Period
Old 09-21-03, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Static Cling

Edit2: Never mind, Gamespot underrated it, the game is just fine.
Now i'm only playing two player and my wife absolutely loves these action-rpg games done in the gauntlet style. But i rented the game to play last night and we both sat down and played for like 5 hours straight - which is unheard of for her. So i'd give it a thumbs up. We had to play on easy mode though because she doesn't like too much of a challenge (it upsets her when her character dies too often ) but we've been having a lot of fun. I just wished i hadn't picked a cleric since we are playing it easy mode there isn't much healing needing done.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.