Community
Search

Lexx on DVD: Which Versions are Uncut?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-03, 08:19 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexx on DVD: Which Versions are Uncut?

I'm not into sci-fi but I really like Lexx (I watch it every week on the Space channel). I'm planning on buying the four telefilms which are only available up here in Canada.

Concerning the Season Two and Three sets, are there any differences between the American and Canadian DVDs? The American sets are listed as "uncut" and are put out by Acorn Media, but I've never seen the Canadian discs listed as "uncut". Considering that it's a Canadian show--and shown on Space with all the violence and nudity intact-- are the Canadian discs uncut? I really don't want to buy edited episodes. Can anyone help?
Old 08-11-03, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 113 Likes on 81 Posts
I'm also a big fan of Lexx. I already have the S3 boxset and plan on getting S2 in the near future. It'll be great to replace all the tapes I have hanging around.

I'm not aware of any cuts made to the DVD releases and I'm pretty sure they're the exact same discs in both countries. I'm guessing they are advertised as uncut because the episodes that ran on the Sc-Fi channel here in the states were edited or blurred for content.
Old 08-12-03, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Lexx is uncut worldwide. I know the UK releases (video and DVD) are unedited. As someone else said, since it was censored in the US, offering "uncut" episodes is a bonus selling point to the US market.
Old 08-12-03, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the first two season one discs (the Canadian exclusives) and they are uncut (nudity.... shower scene... ect)

I'm actually wanting to get rid of them, since I only think the show is "ok" and I can't afford to buy the series. If you wanted a trade you could email me or something. Otherwise, I'm sure you know the best places.

I don't get why these were edited on the Sci Fi Channel... didn't it air pretty late and waasn't it advertised as pretty sexual?