Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Sevendust - "Seasons" Coming October 7th!

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 08-10-03, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sevendust has a new album coming on October 7th called "seasons." It's there fourth studio album.

The single is called "enemy" and is available through there site (linked at bottom).

Sevendust is one of my favorite bands, and one that few know about, I strongly recommend them to anyone. And if you get a chance to see them live, than do it. They put on a sick show!

new single is AMAZING.

http://www.sevendust.com/seasons/

enjoy!
Old 08-10-03, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

this new single rules. I've been a Sevendust fan since I saw them for free on the "Home" tour... I've seen them twice since and everytime they just blew me away. I am really looking forward to this new album... a great, underrated band.

MATT
Old 08-10-03, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THis is GRRREAT news!!!!

ABout time a new record from a real hard rock band.

Tired of all this bullcrap music.
Old 08-10-03, 09:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not sure if it's on a previous album, but the song "Leech" from the Freddy vs. Jason soundtrack is really good.
Old 08-11-03, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Ghostface180
I'm not sure if it's on a previous album, but the song "Leech" from the Freddy vs. Jason soundtrack is really good.
isn't great?!

that song was recorded during the "animosity" sessions, but left off.

love it!

glad to see there are some other Sevendust fans on this board.
Old 08-11-03, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've always wanted to get into Sevendust........what CD should I start with?

Thanks!
Old 08-11-03, 03:01 PM

Thanx db27 - it is on my radar!!
Old 08-11-03, 04:09 PM

I caught Sevendust live in 1997 during the Roar Tour. I had heard one of their songs on the radio before the show. After seeing them perform live, I went and bought their album (their debut) the next day. IMO, none of their albums have been as good as the first, but still decent. I would love to see them again.

Awesome band.
Old 08-11-03, 05:52 PM
Suspended

Yeah their original album is still my favorite as well. Great, great band
Old 08-12-03, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by C_Fletch
I've always wanted to get into Sevendust........what CD should I start with?

Thanks!
I would say that "home" which is the second CD is there best, however all 3 are great. Each has it's own sort of vibe to it.

I suppose the best thing to do would be to start with the 1st and work your way through them.

Enjoy!
Old 08-13-03, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DB27,

my concert schedule for St. Louis says
"an acoustic evening with Sevendust"

for the venue Pop's on Sunday, Sept. 9....??

that seems kind of crappy....is this an acoustic tour??

It just seems like an acoustic set would be a bonus or something.
Sevendust has always been a hard rock band.....which I love and think they do it very well.

www.popsrocks.com (there's the venue)

Last edited by Frank TJ Mackey; 08-13-03 at 07:54 PM.
Old 08-13-03, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Frank TJ Mackey
DB27,

my concert schedule for St. Louis says
"an acoustic evening with Sevendust"

for the venue Pop's on Sunday, Sept. 9....??

that seems kind of crappy....is this an acoustic tour??
nothing that I've heard yet, although i personally would love to see that.

no info on the website about it or anything. weird.
Old 08-26-03, 09:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yup, first part of this tour is in fact acoustic. Then they hit the road to support "Seasons" with Staind.

http://www.sevendust.com for more info
Old 08-26-03, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Ghostface180
I agree. The entire soundtrack was very good in my opinion.
Old 08-27-03, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

although an acoustic sevendust show may be something kind of cool to see...I'm extremely glad that they are completely plugged in and rocking the roof off the place by the time they hit Toronto... that show should rule.

MATT
Old 08-31-03, 11:44 PM

I've been a huge 7dust fan since I first heard Black almost 6 months after it was released. I always buy their CDs and go through them in a hurry. I'm usually ready for more by day 4. If you asked to pick a favorite CD of theirs, I couldnt. They're all good and different but the first is by far the heaviest so I always end up at that one but then go through all 3. So to get started, I'd buy all 3 and start with the first one. However, none of the CDs do their live show justice. The live show is amazing, by far the best I've ever seen. I really love Angel's Son played live and heavy, so good I wish that version was on Animosity CD. I'm glad their new CD is not acoustic as it was rumored at some places. No need to more bands to follow Staind.
Old 10-05-03, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

bumpin' up, cannot wait till tuesday!
Old 10-06-03, 07:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I heard some of the album today on the streaming listening party sponsered by Apple. It sounds really good. I wouldn't say that it's their best, but it's very good from what I heard.
Old 10-07-03, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Its really good, far more consistent than some of their earlier CDs. No clunkers, But that annoying guy who yells in the background still bothers me. The songs would be so much better if they put a muzzle on that clown.
Old 10-07-03, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well, Sevendust rocked when I saw them two weeks ago...the new songs were wicked, and now that I have the album, it rules... probably not their best, but pretty damn good, really enjoying it.

MATT
Old 10-07-03, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Thrush
Its really good, far more consistent than some of their earlier CDs. No clunkers, But that annoying guy who yells in the background still bothers me. The songs would be so much better if they put a muzzle on that clown.
the annoying guy? morgan the drummer rules! that is one of my favorite aspects of the band!

you are the first person i've ever heard that doesn't like the dynamic that he adds.

but hey, i'm glad you dig the rest!
Old 10-07-03, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

From a Fans Perspective

So I'm a mega-dust fan, most of there fanbase is full of people like me.

They haven't hit the bigtime yet, and probably never will but you can bet if you tour with them you'll be huge! Many bands that have opened for them have gone on to huge sucess (Godsmack, Disturbed, Staind, etc..)

Anyway, I finally have listened to this a few times today and I'm quite pleased. Certainly not better than "Home" which I believe is there best work, but on par with "Animosity" and "Sevendust" for sure.

At $9.99 this is some great value, it comes with a bonus DVD that has about 40 minutes of great stuff. Making of the album, touring, acoustic performance of "Black" and a really funny punkd type joke that Morgan (drummer, backing vox) played on the new busdriver. Finally features and audio only track called "inner city blues" that simply rocks.

As for the album itself it pretty much picks up where "Animosity" left off. Most of the tracks are wicked heavy with Lajon and his melodic vocals overtop.

Some sick riffage on this disc, and some madass drumming from Morgan. Also a lot more Vinnie (bass) to be heard on hear than the past which I'm digging. "Skeleton Song" is the only all acoustic track on the disc, while quite catchy it gets a bit repetitive for my licking. "Broken Down" should be the next single, and could potentially be the song that puts them over the top sales-wise. Only time will tell. On the last track "face to face" there is one hell of a cool verse that you've just gotta hear. And of course, the current single "Enemy" in which Morgan points the finger at Coal Chambers singer for being an ass and treating his (Morgan's) wife Rayna (former bassist for CC) quite poorly.

All in all, and excellent CD from an excellent and highly under-rated band that has been rocking for longer than you'd think.

If you want to see the real-deal in action, there live show does not disappoint. AMAZING!

Old 10-08-03, 10:48 AM

picked this up yesterday - it rocks.
Old 10-08-03, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes.....it does ROCK! The funny thing is I spun their last CD they released(Animosity?) at a used CD store and could not get into it. Maybe I was just having a bad day?? Weird. I'm just waiting for the coworkers to start lookin at me funny. Man they are just too square.

On a side note: The new Jet cd ROCKS!! Old school rock at it's best!!! It's $6 or$7 at Target this week so I'd check it out - little risk involved their. I was instantly hooked the first spin. I've listened to it 3 times now.

C_Fletch
Old 10-08-03, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i had my wife pick this up for me yesterday...it is a good cd from top to bottom

i saw them in concert with creed a few years ago

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.