Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

they interrupted my PTI!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-03, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they interrupted my PTI!!!

so i am sitting there this afternoon enjoying my daily dose of pti (even though tony is on vacation or whatever) and they have just come back from 5 good minutes when...they break off the show so everyone can watch kobe arrive at the courthouse!!! for crying out loud, this is getting absolutely stupid. i am so sick of kobe and unfortunately it is just beginning.
Old 08-06-03, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You seem suprised...they said all week that they would cover it.
Old 08-06-03, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like I'm supposed to care dick about him entering the courthouse? Christ almighty. Show it on the regular airing of SportsCenter. Show it on ESPNews. It's not the trial. It's not even the hearing. It's the preparation for Kobe's entrance to the courthouse before setting the date for the preliminary hearing. Good God.

I've loved ESPN for many years, but recent changes to SportsCenter along with their coverage of this event -- particularly their hypocritical treatment of Cuban's comments that hit a bit too close to home -- is exposing them in an unflattering manner. ABC and Di$ney are no strangers to hypocrisy, and I have to wonder if they're the catalyst for this unwelcome change in company strategy. I used to just leave my TV on ESPN for hours watching whatever came on. Now I can barely make it through SportsCenter without getting bored. "Are you ready for the Ultimate Highlight." "Welcome to the Budweiser HotSeat." "Let's play Fact or Fiction." "We now interrupt our best show to waste your time." Shut up and give us sports already.

das
Old 08-06-03, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Copenhagen
You seem suprised...they said all week that they would cover it.
yeah, i knew that they would be covering the actual hearing but that wasn't supposed to start til the top of the hour. it's bad enough that they were devoting the ENTIRE HOUR!!! to this thing but the least they could've done was let me finish my PTI.
Old 08-06-03, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They want another OJ.
Old 08-06-03, 11:33 PM
Suspended

With the econemy in ruins, maybe it's time for another riot to distract people's attention away from it. Just let me know the time so I can load up my hunting rifle and .45 in case some crazy fsck decides to come by my house for some funny biz.
Old 08-07-03, 05:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
OK so Tuesday was my first day having cable again after over one year. I'm psyched about the DVR and set it to record ATH and PTI. I'm all set for thirty minutes of sports and laughter and BOOM, Kobe's on my screen. UGH!!!!! If this is what they do when he arrives at the Courthouse, imagine what's going to happen once the trial actually begins
Old 08-07-03, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe if Kobe didn't make all those strange moose-face lip-smacking expressions, he'd be easier to watch on TV nowadays.
Old 08-07-03, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
I was pissed off too. The hearing was scheduled for 6 - come on at 6. Run a scroll at the bottom saying if you want to see Kobe walking into the courthouse, flip over to ESPNews.

Oh and I haven't watched SportsCenter in years - can't stand it anymore. Besides actual sporting events, PTI and Sports Reporters, the only shows I watch on ESPN are the sport-specific shows: NFL Primetime, NFL Live, Edge NFL Matchup, College Gameday, and College Hoops Tonight. Oh and no more NFL Countdown - too many talking heads and they just added Crackhead and Fathead - no thank you.
Old 08-07-03, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

all of this lamenting SC, makes me miss the old days of the BIG SHOW with dan and keith.