Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

streets online -- further verification?

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-03, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all. I ordered The Pirate Movie from strrets online a week or so ago. Never got a confirmation email so I checked on the website and it is still listed as processing. Emailed them and I got this back...

Thank you for your e-mail. Please accept our apologies that you did not receive the first emaul, however your order has been held for a random security check.

Streets online carries out security checks on a daily basis.

These checks are in place for both our security and also to act as a safeguard to you, the customer.

Your current order has been selected and we will now require further verification.

Therefore if you could please reply to this email stating the card holder name, card holder address and the name of the bank that issued the card. These details must relate to the billing address of the order being held.

We will then be able to confirm these details provided with our merchant services and release your order.

Please do not send your card number via email as it is not a secure connection.

Until this information is received by us we are unable to dispatch any of your outstanding orders and have currently placed them on hold.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience that this may cause.

If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

So my question is is this OK. I thought I read about this happening from time to time with international orders but I couldnt dig up that thread. ANyone here familiar with streets online (this is my first order with them)? Is this normal and am I ok with sending them this info.

Thanks for any help and/or advice.
Old 08-05-03, 07:41 PM

I placed my first and only order with a UK website called MVC who are obviously related to Streets Online (both sites have exactly the same layout and design and customer service contact details) and got the same email as you from them not once but three times (I'm in Australia).

Each time I responded back with the required information and told them that I had already given them this info. My order eventually shipped about two weeks later.

So the answer is that yes this appears to be their normal practice so don't worry about sending them this info but don't be surprised if they ask for it a couple of times before they send the order.

Michael
Old 08-05-03, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

StreetsOnline, MVC and Woolworths are all well-known UK retailers that are part of the same group (the latter two have high street stores as well) - so don't worry about it
Old 05-01-04, 03:40 AM

Hey dilligaf,
Did you ever recieve DVD? Just curious about the quality, I love the pirate movie and if it looks at all decent would love to pick this one up...

Thanks!