Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Temptation Island --- Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-01, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Temptation Island --- Discussion Thread

So what do you think is going to happen?

Who do you think slept together on the dream date?

Who stays together, who breaks up?

Personally, I think Mandy and John, Kaia and Allison, Billy and Vanessa, and possibly Shannon and Thomas

I think Kaia and Valeria may break up but no one else, though I did hear no one actually broke up...
Old 02-28-01, 04:51 PM

What happened last week on the dream dates? I missed it.
Old 02-28-01, 05:12 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"You know you're going to watch it!"

No I'm not. I haven't watched a single episode of it or any of these other crappy "reality based" shows.
Old 02-28-01, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by joshhinkle
"You know you're going to watch it!"

No I'm not. I haven't watched a single episode of it or any of these other crappy "reality based" shows.
I admit this one is bad, but it's like a car wreck - I can't look away.

As for the Mole and Survivor, what can I say, except it beats Friends and Will and Grace, IMHO
Old 02-28-01, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I AM! IT'S LAST EPISOD! I"M SO ECXITED I CAN"T BEAR IT!!!11
Old 02-28-01, 08:24 PM

OH MY GOD TAHT ONE COUPLE ISNT BREAKING UP YAYY I'M SO HAPYYYY!!!!!!!1 WHAT A TEER JERKER
Old 02-28-01, 08:34 PM

quite a cliffhanger, isn't it?
Old 02-28-01, 08:35 PM

CLIFFHANGARS ON?
Old 02-28-01, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Damn, that was a good show tonight. Maybe it's because I'm hormonal. I was all teary eyed after each couple was done.
Old 02-28-01, 11:01 PM

Originally posted by IdgIe49
Damn, that was a good show tonight. Maybe it's because I'm hormonal. I was all teary eyed after each couple was done.
This was the first time I watched the show and I agree, it was a tearjerker for me when the first couple came on... the other couples just didn't do it for me but somehow, the first couple seemed so sincere and committed... can't quite put my finger on just what it was that made me boohoo
Old 03-01-01, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Nope, I skipped this entire series because it took the place of The Street which I was actually watching!
Old 03-01-01, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I will actually miss this show! I was totally digging it.
Old 03-01-01, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I admit that I watched it. I still don't like the premise, but it is like a car wreck. The finale was a joke. "I slept/got 'intimate' with a couple of guys/girls, but this has only made our commitment stronger." WTF? The whole show is the relationship equivalent of a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card.

One of the girls summed it up for me when she told one of the guys something to the effect of, "Since you agreed to be on this show, that tells me you're not someone that I'd want to spend my life with."
Old 03-01-01, 08:38 AM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
I gotta admit, I got hooked for the last four episodes...How many were there anyway?

Believe it or not, Fox Home Entertainment has announced a rush release on VHS (don't know about DVD yet) at the end of April/beginning of May!
Old 03-01-01, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sheesh, I can't believe they all went back to their respective SO.

I can't believe they kept Valerie's "past" indiscretions" off the air (She had been the one to have been given into temptation in her past, and it seems this was Kaya's turn to get him some "strange").

I think Shannon went back to Andy because Tom just wasn't into her as much as she was into him.

I knew Billy and Mandy were going to stay together.
Old 06-17-01, 11:34 AM
Banned

I heard this on the news today... wanted to see if anyone could confirm.
Old 11-08-01, 09:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
The Official Temptation Island 2 Thread

The Temptation Island Wedding

The only worthwhile part of this craptacular segment was to be able to see how hot Mandy looks now. (I never really enjoyed it when she had hair like Fieldy from Korn)...

Episode 1

The Couples

Edmundo & Catherine - I don't know what to make of them... She cries way too much and he looks disinterested in anything most of the time... Edmundo definitely holds some of the cards.

Genevieve & Tony - (The couple from the midwest on the trampoline). This will be interesting. Tony is not that attractive and he doesn't seem all that fun so it's up to him to not mess up. Genevieve, as she said, is a catch (esp. for Tony). The fact they've been together for years is probably gonna keep 'em together.

John & Shannon - She seems like a flaky golddigger, he seems like he may be able to get any girl. This is where the guy is in the best position. Shannon is not all that attractive and seems too needy ("I need someone to take care of the bills.")

Thomas & Nikkole - They must've broken up before the show started. There is no spark, no interest. I can't expect them to last. X-Factor: There are 0 previews of what will happen to them... (We know stuff happens with E&C and J&S but no mention of T&N).

Last, does anyone actually watch the show?
Old 11-08-01, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

So who was married?
Old 11-08-01, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Andy and Shannon (why, Shannon, why?)
Old 11-08-01, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Just on a physical basis, I liked the blonde chick from one of the couple, and a couple of the tempting women, but most of them turned me off. But the reactions of the girls to the temptation girls was pretty funny and catty. When the black girl with the big boobs showed up, I was laughing at the bugged-out eyes from the girls.
Old 11-08-01, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

In the warm-up/wrap-up from TI1, I barely recognized Billy with hair, he's like a different person, and I'll bet that he doesn't get recognized as easily out on the street. Mandy doesn't look that great with black hair, just get back to the red and let it flow naturally without all the cornrows.
Old 11-08-01, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
The girls did kick off one of the hottest single girls. The girl I liked the most was the one who got the 2 "blocks."

Also, I don't know what the one girl was thinking who blocked the girl that she said was "least likely to be attractive" to her man. Talk about your insults! Of course, I agree with her that the girl was not attractive, but I wouldn't say that to her face.
Old 11-08-01, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Temptation Island I

I knew Andy and Shannon were the ones getting married because last year when the first show was on, a caller called in to a local radio station (they always talked about the previous night's episode the morning afterwards) and said that she was friends with Andy and Shannon and that he had proposed to her after the show finished. So that wasn't much of a surprise to me.

Also, the way Mandy was on the show (extremely immature and high school-ish), I was not surprised at the very least that she and Billy would not last.

Whatever happened to Taheed and Ytossie? I heard that they sued the show and its producers...what came of that? Did they win? Lose? Settle out of court?

Temptation Island II

This looks like it will be way more scandalous than the first one. Catherine has some distinctly fake breasts. Genevieve is not all that great looking IMHO. She looks like her face is fake for some reason. Shannon seems like a golddigger. Thomas and Nikkole seem to be this year's Taheed and Ytossie. As a whole, the 4 guys seem way too cocky. I don't know why the hell they would feel like that because the single guys seemed a lot more attractive than the single girls (in general). Let me qualify that by saying that I'm a hetero guy. I didn't think the single girls were all that. However, all the single guys (save for the cowboy dude and the goofy-looking Juleby (why the hell would you need to block that dork, anyway???)) were buff, decent-looking guys.

As for Genevieve blocking the rock and roll drummer girl....damn! That was frickin' cold-blooded! That'd be cool to see her ass get kicked by that rocker....

Old 11-08-01, 03:14 PM
Banned

I am beggining to realize that watching these reality shows is completely useless. All these people are fake L.A. types. They all have aspirations to be in the "entertainment industry." It doesn't matter what sector: singing, acting, being a "broadcast" spokesperson or whatever. I started to realize this when I saw the blonde girl Caneel (the one who got kicked off) was on Blind Date. Also, a tempter, a brunette named Katie was on the dating show Rendez-View, which is hosted by that bitchy gay guy. Katie describes herself as a student/waitress/actress. Whatever...why don't these people find real jobs or at least real acting gigs. Then I remembered when Toni from Love Cruise mentioned on the Howard Stern Show that she was friends with the girl who won on "Who's Whats To Be A Princess?" Do these people try to make a living on going on reality shows? Screw Temptation Island. On Weds. I'm sticking to Dawson's Creek and Felicity...yeah those shows may be incredibly gay, but at the least they have real actors who didn't have to pimp themselves on completely worthless TV shows that cost crap to produce.
Old 11-08-01, 03:46 PM

Originally posted by Variable697
I am beggining to realize that watching these reality shows is completely useless. All these people are fake L.A. types. They all have aspirations to be in the "entertainment industry." It doesn't matter what sector: singing, acting, being a "broadcast" spokesperson or whatever. I started to realize this when I saw the blonde girl Caneel (the one who got kicked off) was on Blind Date. Also, a tempter, a brunette named Katie was on the dating show Rendez-View, which is hosted by that bitchy gay guy. Katie describes herself as a student/waitress/actress. Whatever...why don't these people find real jobs or at least real acting gigs. Then I remembered when Toni from Love Cruise mentioned on the Howard Stern Show that she was friends with the girl who won on "Who's Whats To Be A Princess?" Do these people try to make a living on going on reality shows? Screw Temptation Island. On Weds. I'm sticking to Dawson's Creek and Felicity...yeah those shows may be incredibly gay, but at the least they have real actors who didn't have to pimp themselves on completely worthless TV shows that cost crap to produce.
yup yup, been going on for years. remember Tom Selleck was on the Dating Game first before he got big as magnum pi. so all these shows are just actors & actresses trying to get their big break.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.