Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Please help!!! Lightsaber questions for Star Wars KOTOR

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-03, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Please help!!! Lightsaber questions for Star Wars KOTOR

It seems as though my lightsabers are not as effective as I would like them to be. When I fight with them, I either miss or not get a good hit so as to take away alot of my enemies energy. When I use a regular sword (such as a double blade) I fair much better. The same seems true with my party members. What am I doing wrong and what can be done. Also how do I change crystals on my saber, when I go to the workshop and perform the task for the special crystals, the color doesnt change, how do I know I successfully changed the crystal. Any suggestions on any of these saber problems would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-04-03, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing you should definitely do is to upgrade your light saber skills with your jedi characters. If you are using two light sabers, you might also want to upgrade your two handed melee skill. Additionally, there is another skill to upgrade that helps block lasers and a skill for increased dueling ability.

As for the cyrstals...you need to select the center crystal to swap colors and then click on assemble, but you must have the other colored crystals. There are other crystals that can be attained to increase the abilities of the light sabers.

I hope this helps.
Old 08-04-03, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Try using Batillas lightsabre and see if its any better. You will get crystals later which will improve your lightsabre. Until then, keep the sword. I was disappointed too when I first got my sabre and it was worse than than my sword. At the moment, your only lightsabre advantage is you get a chance to deflect incoming ranged shots.

Since it sounds like you are already taking the 2 weapon fighting route, I suggest you either advance to a double sided lightsabre, or use a lightsabre with a small lightsabre in your off hand.
Old 08-04-03, 06:43 AM
2017 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you get a -3 penalty in your other hand unless you have the 'two weapon proficiency skill' this is the opposite of the 'dueling' skill which is ONLY if you use ONE weapon in 1 hand (double bladed counts as 2-handed weapons).

and yea make sure you press 'assemble' after you pick your crystals.
Old 08-04-03, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Save Ferris
you get a -3 penalty in your other hand unless you have the 'two weapon proficiency skill' this is the opposite of the 'dueling' skill which is ONLY if you use ONE weapon in 1 hand (double bladed counts as 2-handed weapons).

Last time I checked, the penalty was -6/-10 for duel wielding...

Best way to find out why you aren't hitting is to go into the menus during a combat, go to the messages section, then hit X to show feedback. Then you will see what rolls you need to hit.