Reload this Page >

Anyone still playing Battlefield 1942?

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 08-01-03, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know I'm about a year late on this one but I just picked it up a few weeks ago. I've never really been into online games. Deathmatch was too boring and objective based stuff was too hard to get a good team together to be fun.

Conquest mode is the perfect compromise for me, throw in classes and vehicles that are both easy to use but hard to master and I'm hooked!

I'm CharlesC in All Seeing Eye and Battlefield so look me up! I've been playing for about 2 hours every night for the past week. Usually on this server:
-=WOLFServers.com - BF/RtR=-
208.252.47.198:14567
Old 08-01-03, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I played like 3 days before I sold it, I couldn't stand it... there was a major onslaught of spawn campers and possibly cheaters because I went from being great during beta (many many gold stars received) to being killed within 2 seconds of my spawning when it went retail.

Also had to contend with a million teenage idiots whom apparently all had 10-15 girlfriends that they slept with daily.
Old 08-01-03, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

i just started playing it again after about amonth. after a few of the desert combat patches came out my whole game eventually got corrupted and i just left it alone. last week i ended up reinstalling everything and have played it on and off the last week. i cant wait for battlefield vietnam to come out

Feneant...you must just have bad luck picking servers..i've been playing the game since beta and have only run into that problem a few times.
Old 08-01-03, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Feneant
I played like 3 days before I sold it, I couldn't stand it... there was a major onslaught of spawn campers and possibly cheaters because I went from being great during beta (many many gold stars received) to being killed within 2 seconds of my spawning when it went retail.

Also had to contend with a million teenage idiots whom apparently all had 10-15 girlfriends that they slept with daily.
Yeah it took a while but I found 2-3 servers that are public and are full of idiots. Another thing that I hate about playing online.
Old 08-01-03, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I seldomly play Battlefield 1942, but I just can't stop playing the Desert Combat mod. simply the best mod out there

Battlefield 1942 is a great game overall and with the amount of ways you can play in it.. I think everyone should get it.
Old 08-01-03, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Still play it almost every night.

Are there even cheats out there for the game? I thought it was pretty secure from that stuff. I've never seen it, anyway.

I've been accused of cheating before, but that's mostly from people who suck
Old 08-01-03, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't think there are any cheats that really work. There are a few clipping exploits and other bugs but no real cheats.

Do you guys have any favorite servers you play on?
Old 08-01-03, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by CharlesC

Do you guys have any favorite servers you play on?

not really...i usually just start with a map i like thats got desert combat running and go from there. its usually always random
Old 08-02-03, 12:43 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I thought I was the only diehard left. I play this game all the time, day or night. I love the expansions, and the desert combat mods, but always seem to play the old version the most. I play as a sniper mostly.

Any of you guys interested in having a game one of these days? I'd really like a chance to murder some fellow otters.

Ian
(my call sign is always PFC Hudson)
Old 08-02-03, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
My call sign on the game is [Z?]NNY

I usually just jump onthe fastest server when I search. one fun game. I jumped two of the tech tv thursday Lan parties for BF1942
Old 08-02-03, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

They just released a new mod for it, its based on star wars,mod
is called Star Wars “Galactic Conquest” It's 293.7mb...

My computer can't handle the battlefield 1942 game, its one of the few pc games out right now that i'd like to play..
Old 08-02-03, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The Galactic Conquest mod is berely in 0.1 status.. I would imagen that it's glitchy beyond all hell.