Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Britcom fans rejoice - "Bottom" series 1 coming August 18th

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-03, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Finally!! Been waiting for this forever. My favorite sitcom of all time, Bottom is finally making its way to DVD. We've had the live shows and movie for a while, as well as a "Best Of", but now we're finally getting the series proper.

All six episodes plus a bonus 15 minute gag reel (probably segments from the previously released Bottom Fluff tapes).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...060127-5737244
Old 07-31-03, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't know how much this release differs from the upcoming R1 set ( http://www.bbcamericashop.com/defaul...d=1878&mdm=DVD ) Anyone have any definite info about the two sets?
Old 07-31-03, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by fnordboy
Don't know how much this release differs from the upcoming R1 set ( http://www.bbcamericashop.com/defaul...d=1878&mdm=DVD ) Anyone have any definite info about the two sets?

Wow! Didn't know about this one. I'd definitely prefer the R1 as it appears to be the complete run (three series). The only thing I'm worried about is censoring. These shows are pretty risque at times and I know how US releases love to leave stuff out. Looks like I can wait until Sept. 30th for a comparison.
Old 07-31-03, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I read about this one a while back, didn't know if you realized it was coming out or not.

I figured it had to be a complete run, but wasn't sure. Hoping that since it is put out by BBC America that maybe they won't censor anything, but you never know. Are they even airing this on BBCA now?
Old 08-04-03, 08:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The complete run would be nice to have. I don't think BBC America would edit anything out. Have they done that in the past? I don't ever recall reading that they did.

This is great! I bought the 'Best of' when I first got a region free player and was hooked immediately. Ended up buying a couple more of their discs. I hadn't thought this series would get a US release since most people I've talked to about it have never heard of it, even those who claim to be big fans of Mayall and Edmondson.