DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : "Paycheck" Movie Trailer

Kicker_of_Elves
07-28-03, 05:09 PM
Starring Ben Affleck and Uma Thurman Directed by John Woo..

Click here to see the preview (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=trailer&id=1808466030&intl=us)

I thought it looked like a decent action flick..

DonnachaOne
07-28-03, 05:12 PM
Am I in the MINORITY when I say there's really nothing to REPORT about this one? Ben's not a TOTAL waste as an action star, if I RECALL correctly.

Looks alright, but whatever respect I had for Woo really got blown out the window by Windtalkers. I'll probably wait for video.

Supreme Sean
07-28-03, 05:31 PM
I don't like Woo, but Affleck and Eckhart are cool with me. This could turn out to be this year's Ballistic, unfortunately. The trailer should make more mention of the fact that Michael C. Hall is also in the movie. He's awesome.

theneobez
07-28-03, 05:37 PM
I'm a bit skeptical, I like Woo, but lately he's really disappointed me with Windtalkers and M:I2 wasn't that great either. Doesn't look too promising.

tofu
07-28-03, 05:43 PM
I like to think of this movie as Uma's warmup to Kill Bill :D

Dr. DVD
07-28-03, 06:14 PM
I cannot help but detect irony in the fact that a movie starring Ben Affleck and directed by John Woo is entitled Paycheck.

Also, I was wondering how long it would be before someone started playing the Zion rave music in trailers when I first heard it. Surprised it took this long. -rolleyes-

Sessa17
07-28-03, 06:48 PM
American Woo = :thmbsdwn: :yack:

Hong Kong Woo = :up: :johnwoo:

Therefore I will be staying away from this movies as if it were herpes.

RyoHazuki
07-28-03, 06:50 PM
Looks pretty solid. Im a big Woo fan so Ill be first in line for this one. I just wish that they would stop using "From the director of MI: 2!" You dont take a directors worst flick as a selling point for his new movie.

ipkevin
07-28-03, 08:51 PM
Actually looks good! It doesn't look like the drab crap I was expecting. If Woo is going to tweak his style, I like that it's still stylish and cool as this appears to be, instead of that boring look that Windtalkers had. It looks like Jeffrey Kimball is shooting this. Hopefully he goes for the MI2/Top Gun/True Romance MTV style instead of the drab style of some of his other work. At least the former is interesting to look at.

clemente
07-28-03, 09:42 PM
God damn you John Woo.....why are you still trying to evolve as a director and chart some new areas for yourself. Just give up and start doing the **** that mad you cool back in the late 80's/early 90's.

And if you're not sure, that is sarcasm.

Looks interesting, at the very least, they started with good source material, a Phillip K. Dick short story....and we can assume they won't Spielberg-ize it in some fashion. I have a heads up on some of the immediate detractors, because I actually like Ben Affleck.

Looks interesting and what do we have here...a trailer that actually makes you wonder what the mystery of the story is instead of spelling it out for you in two minutes.

Kal-El
07-29-03, 01:46 AM
Hmmm..before I saw the trailer, I was thinking, "bad". After I saw it, I'm thinking "could be good".

Face/Off
07-29-03, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by RyoHazuki7
Looks pretty solid. Im a big Woo fan so Ill be first in line for this one. I just wish that they would stop using "From the director of MI: 2!" You dont take a directors worst flick as a selling point for his new movie.

You do when it's the highest grossing film of that year.

Geofferson
07-29-03, 11:45 AM
I too think it could be a decent action flick. :up: