Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Ape Escape 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-03, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Ape Escape 2

I just rented this and damn this game is fun! Anyone else get this yet?

-zero
Old 07-26-03, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep! I was wondering why no one was talking about this game, I rented it last week and loved it! It got favorable reviews too.

The gotcha box keeps pulling me back in .
Old 07-26-03, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I played the original on the PS and I thought it was a pretty good game. I'm planning to buy this when the price drops.
Old 07-26-03, 09:50 PM

I love this game! I got this when it came out and I have been totally addicted to it since. I never thought catching monkeys in unique ways with unique gadgets, like the RC Car, could be so fun or addicting. The gameplay is really unique...I wish more games featured gameplay this deep!. By the way, I loved the first one as well. A definite must buy!
Old 07-26-03, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ape Escape was one of the best games, hands down, on the PS1. I'm really looking forward to playing this one. One of the good things too is you don't have to feel bad about playing it i"n front of the kids".
Old 07-28-03, 12:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I played the Ape Escape 2 demo on last month's OPM disc and couldn't believe how much fun it was. Before that, the game wasn't even on my radar screen (I never played the original). After a few games on the way-too-brief demo, I had to have the real thing. I usually like to wait for price drops, but I figured $40 isn't bad for a brand new game. It seemed kinda pointless to me in this case to wait several months for it to go down to $30 or something like that. I wanted the game now, so I think that's worth an extra $10 or so.

Anyway, I got the game immediately after it came out. I haven't played as much of it as I'd like, but so far, I've been very satisfied with the experience. It's fun, addictive, and full of awesome extra features.
Old 07-28-03, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The first one was very fun. But from everything I've heard, the sequel is pretty much just more of the same, which is fine for first-timers. I might rent it eventually.
Old 07-28-03, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

LOVE this game but I finished it in 3 days . Mind you I played non-stop because it was so much fun! Only problem I have is with the RC Car. I had trouble controlling it. But other than that GREAT fun!

Sam
Old 07-28-03, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought the japanese one last year, I am curious, is the mini japanese festival drum playing minigame still in? I figured it was too japanese so they will remove it from the U.S version.
Old 07-28-03, 11:07 PM

Yeah the drum festival is in there...I think. One of the three mini-games is called "Dance, Monkey,Dance" and it is very much like rhythym games such as Dance Dance revolution and Space Channel 5. You use the analog sticks to control the arms of the monkeys during songs and the arms bang drums. All the while in the backround monkeys are dancing or spanking their A**es at you. Then you get rated by 5 monkeys on a scale of 1-10. Is this the game you are referring to?

I do find the game very Japanese, which I like, as all of the comics, fortunes and research memos from the Gotcha box, and general sense of humor of the game are very unusual. I still love it! I don't get to play it as much as I would like due to my busy schedule but I have caught around 140 monkeys so far! Does it really have a total of 300 that you need to catch? I really love this game.
Old 07-29-03, 02:44 PM

I loved Ape Escape back in the day, so when I heard about AP2, I had to buy it, even if I haven' t played a video game in quite some time (tho I've got a stack). Anyway, over the last few days, I've put about 9 1/2 hrs into it and it is incredibly fun. Those last two levels had some pretty tricky jumps in them and the magnet got to be annoying in a few spots, but all in all, its a blast.
Old 07-29-03, 10:18 PM

After playing the demo I'll be picking this up eventually. After I get Ratchet & Clank 2 and Jak & Daxter 2.

My just turned 2 yr old nephew loves the Ape Escape 2 demo. Every time he comes over the first thing he does is get my controller out and point to the tv and says "monkey game", so I have to put the demo in and help him catch the monkeys.
Old 07-30-03, 02:03 AM

Has anyone else had problems finishing up collections from the Gotcha Box? I'm really close to finishing the last few picture sets, and I keep getting ammo for the slingshot over and over and over again, as well as fortunes, notes from Specter and the very rare Monkey Fable. I must've put in about $1400 today and only finished two fables...
Old 07-30-03, 08:11 AM
Banned

Originally posted by DVDGUY1116
Yeah the drum festival is in there...I think. One of the three mini-games is called "Dance, Monkey,Dance" and it is very much like rhythym games such as Dance Dance revolution and Space Channel 5. You use the analog sticks to control the arms of the monkeys during songs and the arms bang drums. All the while in the backround monkeys are dancing or spanking their A**es at you. Then you get rated by 5 monkeys on a scale of 1-10. Is this the game you are referring to?

It have a dancing mini-game!??! Damn you, now I have to buy it!

FS
Old 10-22-03, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, I just beat the game, and yes there are 300 monkeys for you to catch. The reason I am posting though is because my save has 89% complete - do I just have to get coins and get the stuff remaining in the gotcha box or are there secrets that need to be unlocked?
Old 10-22-03, 11:34 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Ape Escape did drop at my work to $30...
Old 10-22-03, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by DemolitionMan
After playing the demo I'll be picking this up eventually. After I get Ratchet & Clank 2 and Jak & Daxter 2.

My just turned 2 yr old nephew loves the Ape Escape 2 demo. Every time he comes over the first thing he does is get my controller out and point to the tv and says "monkey game", so I have to put the demo in and help him catch the monkeys.
My neice, who was the same age at the time, used to say the exact same thing about the original Ape Escape for PS1.