Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Til Human Voices Wake Us Region 1 Review

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-03, 04:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have a review of Michael Petroni's beautiful supernatural drama Til Human Voices Wake Us (starring Guy Pearce & Helena Bonhem Carter) Region 1 DVD here.

The disc is due for release on July 29th.
Old 07-27-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm very interested in seeing this, but can't find it for sale or rent anywhere. I'll probably end up buying the Australian release in August, though, since it includes both the US and international (supposedly much better) cuts of the film.

Last edited by Cosmic Bus; 07-27-03 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-28-03, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I bumped into one copy in my rental last Saturday. Because I'm not sure the movie is good, I didn't rent it. Might want to give a shot if I have the chance (and mood)
Old 07-28-03, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I saw this at a local Film Festival, and while I found the performances to be of very high quality, the film itself just wasn't up to par. I am however very interested to see the much talked about Australian cut. Perhaps it's time I finally look into going region-free.
Old 08-28-03, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I got the Australian set yesterday and just finished watching their cut of the movie. Story-wise it isn't drastically different, but the editing is totally changed. The movie plays out in chronological fashion, as opposed to the flashbacks utilized in the international version.

There's about 6 minutes of additional scenes, all of which are nice, although they don't do much to directly impact the film.

A commentary track is also included on both versions, but I haven't checked the second one to see if they have a different commentary for the international cut. Both discs have DTS tracks, as well. On the downside, apparently only the international cut is anamorphic; the Australian version is listed only as "2.35:1 letterbox." I can't verify this, though, since mine is just a standard TV and not widescreen.