Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Did you see Pearl Jam in KS on 10/12/00?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-03, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey... Sorry for the random question, but I need help with a trivia contest. If you were at this show and remember what string of songs played before the band went onstage, could you please share the artist and album title? Thanks... Sorry again for being so random.

'E
Old 07-24-03, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

real shot in the dark but you might try emailing one of the people that wrote a fanview over at synergy:

http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/Pea.../1012kan1.html

maybe they have more "notes" about the show.
Old 07-24-03, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

The Whole of the Moon by the Waterboys
Old 07-24-03, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Whole of the Moon is the common answer being give (I think because it's the only one published in a common place), but that's not right... it's been well over an hour and there are probably about 50 people looking who can't find the answer anywhere. Thanks for the tip on synergy... I did e-mail both people who wrote reviews... I think to get the right answer, I'm going to need to find a knowledgeable music fan who was actually there.

'E
Old 07-24-03, 09:32 PM

How would anyone remember the songs played 3 years ago? I don't remember what they played 4 weeks ago.
Old 07-24-03, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well, apparently if you were paying attention to the music playing over the PA before the band went on (which some people do) it would have REALLY jumped out at you... because bands hardly ever have a string of 3 or 4 consecutive songs by the same artist in their pre-show mix. But I've spoken to 7 people who were actually at the show and none of them can remember... this has to be one of the most difficult and pointless questions ever. Thanks to everyone who's tried to help though.

'E
Old 07-26-03, 12:04 PM

Not sure if this is still needed or not, but according to the rumor pit, in 2000, they used some music from Belle and Sebastian (the song "The Boy with the Arab Strap" is specifically named) after the show. Not sure if they used them for the pre-show too.