Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Big Brother 4 - The Ex-Factor (Thread II)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-03, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts

I thought we needed to start a new thread after the original was getting a little too long.

Here's a link to the old one:
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...77#post3875077

Last edited by B.A.; 07-24-03 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-23-03, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you...

I was just "walking" into TV Talk to do just that.

I was sort of hoping that we could have a thread per week, always ending with Wednesday's eviction discussions, and then start a new thread for the week following starting with Thursday live feed talk etc.

Can this be done? Maybe?

One can hope....
Old 07-24-03, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great episode tonight.

Michelle was way too naive to be in that game. I can't believe that she honestly thought that everyone was telling her the truth that she'd be "safe."

She just didn't know how to play the game.
Old 07-24-03, 12:06 AM
Suspended

Spoiler:
Great, great episode!! The look on Roberts face is so damn priceless!!! I cant stand that lady troll & hope he gets the boot very soon. Yes Michelle is cute but I cant stand those who cry over such nonsence like she does. She's just too innocent and is not a good match for this type of show. Dana winning the wildcard was excellent! Great twist in the show. This episode just bumped this season up big time! I love this show!!
Old 07-24-03, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
the EXs are a bunch of dumba**es . First week - Jee and Amanda. Second week hmmm ... let's put up Michelle as a decoy.
Do you watch any reality tv - any episode of Survivor will do. I was hoping that Justin could pull off HOH but it's not going to happen. The Exs are going to picked off one by one.
If I was the part of the original 8, I would have wanted the vote closer i.e. 5 to 3 - but it doesn't matter as the exs don't have the votes regardless unless they are HOH.

The spin at the beginning of the show made it pretty oblivious that a twist was happening even though the original 7/8 already agreed to vote the Exs off so I really don't think it was much of a surprise.
Old 07-24-03, 06:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great show last night!

Does anybody think Dana has the guts to break her alliance with the original group??...

She should but at this point the balance of power is still against her..I would like to see her team up with Jee,Robert and Justin and try and convince maybe Jun to come on board..If not the ex's are gone over the next 3 weeks unless they win HOH or POV..

Dana is in a tough spot because once they get rid of the x's I think she`ll be the first of the original to go and she knows it

She'll get more "pissed off" then she already is

Last edited by shanester; 07-24-03 at 06:08 AM.
Old 07-24-03, 08:54 AM

From the live feeds: In the aftermath of Dana's HOH win, there was some actually intelligent strategizing going on last night.

Jun, Allison, and Erika were all in the HOH bedroom with Dana, discussing possible nominations. They were trying to convince Dana that the original Elite alliance had the numbers, and that she should continue with the plan to go after the Ex's, specifically Jee & Robert (since Dana likes Justin and doesn't want to put him up). Furthermore, they talked of forming a secret all-girl sub-alliance (which Dana has wanted to do in the past) and letting the remaining male houseguests pick each other off over the coming weeks. Dana was a little concerned about how Justin would react if she put up his buds, but felt it would probably be okay, as long as she didn't target him.

I think putting up Jee & Robert would be the best thing for Dana to do -- not only from a gameplay standpoint, but also because I can't stand those two. (After the eviction, Jee was telling Robert that "that sh-t really hit me in the heart", that the other houseguests had "f----d with the wrong people" and that, if he went, he wanted Robert to "avenge" him. lol)

If she does nominate Jee & Robert, it sounded like Robert would be the primary target, which would suit both Erika (who doesn't want him to make it to the jury) and Jun (who has a secret alliance with Jee).

But, since this is Dana we're talking about, who knows what she's ultimately going to do???
Old 07-24-03, 09:05 AM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Hopefully Dana will see the light and realize she doesn't stand a chance against the original alliance. If I were Dana (after signing up for Ralph Macchio's impersonator) I would definitely allign with the Ex's. Now that they realize their days are numbered, this is the perfect opportunity to get a fresh start and save herself.

Her best move would be to put David and Jack up. Allign with the ex's and the numbers would almost be there to have a fighting chance. If she can get David or Jack off (hehe), it would be a big blow against the original alliance (we need a name for them....) especially since these 2 seem to be the ones that keep it together.

Then work on Jun to jump ship (especially after Jun sees David and Jack on the block) and they have the numbers. They would be up 5-3 with either David or Jack gone (or perhaps Nathan if PoV is used this week), or at worst 4-4 if Jun doesn't come to the other side. Then it's 4 vs 3 (against their favor) in the HoH competition next week, but against a significantly weakened alliance.
Old 07-24-03, 09:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Poor Michelle. I felt bad for her. It was pretty obvious that she took it all personally, instead of realizing that it is a game (even though she did repeat that over and over again).
Old 07-24-03, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Any updates on what the Ex-Men have been trying to do in convincing Man Troll to join their side and have her put up two from the Original Alliance?

Jee looked like someone just shot his dog in front of him when Julie put the sledgehammer down on Michelle last night.
Old 07-24-03, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What the hell did Jee expect? I mean honestly, why would they do what he wants them to do? The smart thing would have been to put up to Alliance members, not one of your own.
Old 07-24-03, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Jee got delusional. If you were cooped in that house, and determined enough, you could convince yourself that you have some "power" even if you don't.
Old 07-24-03, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I would have hoped that after last nights eviction of Michelle, the EX-Men would have finally realized that the whole house wants them gone. But I have the feeling that they are too stupid to realize that. Jee is so f-ing arrogant that he really thinks he has a chance of actually winning the game. The same goes for Robert.
Old 07-24-03, 10:56 AM
Banned

Woo hoo! Erika stays in the house for at least another week! Stupid Jee had to put up both Erika and Michelle.
Old 07-24-03, 11:24 AM

Those guys really are stupid. It's at this point they have to lay all of their cards on the table and go "Dana, they wanted you out last week. They tried REALLY hard to get us to switch Erica with you. If you don't play with us, you will lose."

If she is too dumb to see their point (She already had Jun tell her that people want her out), then they all deserve to lose to the other original housemates.

I still think that the original men overplayed their hand by trying to get Dana out. They could have still voted out Michelle and Dana, without letting giving the other guys ammo to turn Dana to their team.

They looked at Dana as a threat, when she wasn't if she didn't break the alliance.
Old 07-24-03, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by Boot
What the hell did Jee expect? The smart thing would have been to put up to Alliance members, not one of your own.
Just speculating here, but I think Jun may have had something to do with Jee's selection of Michelle as the pawn. Look at her snarky "good-bye" comments to Michelle. There was obviously no love lost there.

Though Dana may be HOH, I think Jun is the real player in the house right now.
Old 07-24-03, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Jun's definitely flying under the radar for now. She'll get the better of Jee too.
Old 07-24-03, 12:08 PM
Cool New Member

From the live feeds late last night, Dana/Jun/Justin were talking in the HOH room, and Dana is VERY receptive to the idea of nominating Nathan/Jack/Allison. she says she's not a *****. justin worked her very well, letting her know that the original alliance PERSISTANTLY tried convincing Jee to nominate her had david used veto. if she puts up nathan/jack/alli, she'd have robert/jee/justin and more than likely jun, leaving just erika/david/non-nominated member, putting dana in the spot to break the tie.
Old 07-24-03, 12:22 PM
Suspended

does anyone else agree that the whole 'x factor' gimmick is dumb? i dont think it adds anything to the game. or maybe it wouldve been better if both sides started with the same amount of people. (i.e. 7 people and 7 ex's)
Old 07-24-03, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The X-factor just accelerated the hate among the houseguests. In the past, the hate took longer to manifest.
Old 07-24-03, 01:19 PM
Cool New Member

I like it. **** like the secret Jee/Jun alliance might not have happened if not for this, though I'm sure it hasn't had the effect that CBS had hoped (exes not really hating each other).
Old 07-24-03, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, there is plenty of hate betwen Robert and Erika, which could have Robert out the door soon.
Old 07-24-03, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm rooting for Justin, as I really don't like anyone else. Come on underdog!
Old 07-24-03, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If you want to root for an underdog, root for either Jee or Robert.
Old 07-24-03, 01:48 PM

I like the ex-factor also. Don't think it's good enough to be a main feature to the show, but was a nice swerve to throw at them.

Reality shows are at their best when they do little things to keep the contestants on their toes.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.