Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

So I bought Tactics Ogre and Rampage Puzzle Attack for the GBA yesterday...

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-03, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts

Actually I got those two and Ultimate Brain Games.

I paid $35 for Tactics Ogre new complete and $10 for Rampage Puzzle attack new complete.

I can't Tactics Ogre - I don't have control over my own team! Only one person. It's VERY boring to wait and wait and wait for my turn. After all the reviews I'm sorely disappointed. I researched this game and knew it was rare to find since it's been discontinued, and Amazon, Gamespot, IGN, every single review I read was glowing with praise. Yeech.

I've been unable to put down Rampage Puzzle Attack and am wasting my two vacation days playing it when I know I can play it Friday at work. I'm hooked. It's awesome. I can't say enough good things about it. Awesome spenditure of the $10.

Just goes to show...
Old 07-23-03, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: So I bought Tactics Ogre and Rampage Puzzle Attack for the GBA yesterday...

Originally posted by GatorDeb
Actually I got those two and Ultimate Brain Games.

I paid $35 for Tactics Ogre new complete and $10 for Rampage Puzzle attack new complete.

I can't Tactics Ogre - I don't have control over my own team! Only one person. It's VERY boring to wait and wait and wait for my turn. After all the reviews I'm sorely disappointed. I researched this game and knew it was rare to find since it's been discontinued, and Amazon, Gamespot, IGN, every single review I read was glowing with praise. Yeech.

Well that's what tactics games are like. Not to mention the excellant Orge Battle series... I'd gladly take it off your hands, too bad the only thing I've got to trade is NHL Hitz 2002 for the gc...
Old 07-23-03, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Deb: If you ever get tired of any of your games feel free to send them my way. I'm sure I could give them some love.
Old 07-23-03, 02:13 AM
Video Gamer Reviewers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: So I bought Tactics Ogre and Rampage Puzzle Attack for the GBA yesterday...

Originally posted by GatorDeb
Deb, yo. Word of advice, you are still in the intro. You only have control over your main character, the rest are NPC's, eventually you will gain control over your own party. You can have up to ?32? characters in your party, but you use ?8? to play. Keep in mind I just beat the game, but I've been playing Tactics Ogre PS1, which is a little different...

but nonetheless! It is a VERY good game. I put in over 60 hours into Tactics Advance. I'm even planning on playing it through again when I get my Gamecube back at the end of the summer.

But perhaps it might be that StratRPG games are my favorite...

Just give it a little more time.
Old 07-23-03, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
I agree... the intro is a little tedious, but soon enough you get control of all your team members. You still have to wait for the opposing team to move, but that's what turn-based strategy is all about. I like it much more than it's predecessor, Ogre Battle, which was more of a real-time strategy game. Plus, the class progressions and hidden items are pretty cool... and there's a "cheat" (if you're into that sort of thing) to clone characters and items, especially useful because one item has you sacrifice a character to create an extremely powerful weapon...

It's tough at first, but becomes easier once you get more powerful weapons by using the "training" game, or whatever it's called.
Old 07-23-03, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 234 Likes on 167 Posts
Ah, so I do get control of them sooner or later. I don't mind waiting for the other team, I love Advance Wars 1 and 2 and well waiting for the other team is every RPG which I also love... I just thought my team would move automatically for the duration of the game.
Old 07-23-03, 10:19 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
GatorDeb... methinks that you have too much time and money on your hands...

kinda like me! Keep it up!