Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : X3 Info

FantasticVSDoom
07-22-03, 04:28 PM
Not sure the reliability in this but I read this today:
X-MEN 3 NEWS The film will likely be centered more on Wolverine's (Hugh Jackman) story and Jean Grey's (Famke Janssen) transformation, while Storm (Halle Berry) may be completely absent or only appear in a cameo performance.

Actors already signed on for a sequel include: Jackman (Wolverine), Janssen (Jean Grey), Anna Paquin (Rogue), Aaron Standford (Pyro), Shawn Ashmore (Iceman), James Marsden (Cyclops), Alan Cumming (Nightcrawler), Rebecca Romijn-Stamos (Mystique), Daniel Cudmore (Collossus) and Kelly Hu, whose character Lady Deathstrike appeared to have died in the last film.

Not signed on yet: Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart, who will both likely wait for a completed script before signing on. (source: Zap2It.com)

Jackskeleton
07-22-03, 05:13 PM
Gambit? ;)

B.A.
07-22-03, 05:17 PM
Lady Deathstrike (Kelly Hu)??? wtf? This should be interesting...

B.A.
07-22-03, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Gambit? ;)
Only if Harry Connick, Jr. gets to play the Cajun mutant.

;)

Honestly - I hope we never see him in any of the flicks.

yecul
07-22-03, 05:23 PM
Agreed, his character is so... redundant.

More of Colossus and Nightcrawler, please.

I wonder who the bad guy will be. Hopefully they get some good henchmen types to accompany whoever it is because Lady Deathstrike and some army dudes weren't too formidable.

Sentinels would be fun.

Kal-El
07-22-03, 05:24 PM
Long as Nightcrawler's there, I'm there.

McHawkson
07-22-03, 05:43 PM
Jean Grey's (Famke Janssen) transformation...

Obviously, into Phoenix, it gonna be good one.

Jackskeleton
07-22-03, 05:47 PM
Gambits somewhat needed if it's a story dealing with morlocks.. then again.. storm would be needed for that and Halle sucks ;) :p

Trigger
07-22-03, 06:14 PM
damn - spoiler warning would've been nice... afaik - Jean Gray was dead. :/

McHawkson
07-22-03, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Trigger
damn - spoiler warning would've been nice... afaik - Jean Gray was dead. :/

What do you mean? It has been in comic book over 10 years ago... wait you didn't read it - oops. Sorry! :(

kevin75
07-22-03, 06:19 PM
now don't get me wrong, kelly hu is hot and all, but to me she didn't serve any purpose other than to have someone for wolverine to fight. if she is gonna come back, give her character something more to do. as for halle berry, good to see her go. they haven't done anything with her character in either of the two movies. they could probably do a pretty good movie with the already signed cast, plus patrick stewart.

Kudama
07-22-03, 06:21 PM
We need the Sentinels. (chant with me and lift your signs up and down outside the studio every weekend.) Oh yeah! Weapon Alpha, too.

My main concern is: Will Singer want to direct another one. (Just three. Please? Then you can quit.)

My other main concern, now, is: If they’re going to have to change the players for Magneto and The Prof. They might as well not have them in the movie.

Iron_Giant
07-22-03, 06:35 PM
If X3 is done right, it will be much better movie than the 1st two (and I really loved the 1st two movies).

cultshock
07-22-03, 06:42 PM
Bring on the Sentinels. :)

And keep Gambit out of it. :p

Jackskeleton
07-22-03, 07:11 PM
Whats with all the gambit hatin'? :(

the ol' cajun is not just another wolvie clone. the whole theif guild or the morlocks Marauders issue could come up. there is plenty that he could provide.. hell, was their much Crawler provided in X2 that was really worth wild? seemed they threw him in there for looks and just to throw someone new into the team. still was very cool, but why not ad more comic characters?

NiCK Crush
07-22-03, 07:49 PM
wasnt Wolverine the centered story of X2?

Jackskeleton
07-22-03, 08:19 PM
pretty much. his weapon X past really was fleshed out more in it.

jarofclay73
07-22-03, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by NiCK Crush
wasnt Wolverine the centered story of X2?

And he was also the focus of X1 along with Rogue. So, really, no surprise there. It would be suicide to give their most popular character a back seat.

mikehunt
07-22-03, 08:56 PM
plus with jean they really hinted the phoenix thing at the end of X2. there was the whole outline of the phoenix fire in the water

ckolchak
07-22-03, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by jarofclay73
And he was also the focus of X1 along with Rogue. So, really, no surprise there. It would be suicide to give their most popular character a back seat.

on the contrary, i think it would be a sign of creative inertia to make Wolverine (one of ) the front and center characters again.
as far as i'm concerned, X2 pretty much resolved his character arc.

I thought the filmmakers utilized his haracter very well in the first film by using him (and Rouge) as the audience surrogate to get over the hump of exposition for so many outlandish characters and situations.
imo, it was a masterstroke in adapting the material.
and the first film left just enough of that characters background mysterious and cloudy to make him interesting and worth front and center attention in the follow up.

with all the business with Stryker though, and the further elaborations of his past, and the choice he makes at the end of the movie...i feel that character is now the most fully 'fleshed out' of the group.
there is just no need to devote more screen time to him. he can happily exist off to the side who makes contributions but does not need to be a focal point of the plot.

sorry to hear Singer wants to write storm out of the next one ( shades of " Hi Clark, I'm off to Bermuda...have fun in Smallville").
i wish they would just bite the bullet and re-cast the part.
the character of Storm-the uber earth mother, would fulfill the capacity of mother/nurturer that the school needs...especially in light of the (temporary) loss of Jean.
i think you also need a strong gender-similar character to the lead focus (Jean) to better deliniate her by contrast.
what other strong , adult, female charaters are there at the school...Rogue?

i don't blame them for wanting to avoid working with someone who seems more proud of her work as a cliched character in whats become a bland, generic, irrelevant franchise, than she is of her involvement in a franchise that is a quite a bit better produced, concieved, and thematically richer.

i think Days Of Future Past could be retro fitted to work with the Phoenix storyline-
but if they seem intent on doing the full Phoenix/Dark Phoenix storyline in one film...i think it will suffer.
the slow, gradual, month to month evolution of Jean ( or would it be de-evolution) was part of what made that arc in the comics so special.
to introduce it and wrap it up all in the same 2 hours would be a mistake.

jmo's of course

cultshock
07-22-03, 10:03 PM
Oooo, a "Days of Future Past" film would be great. That was always one of my favourite X-men stories. Not sure how it would work as a film though, but it would be worth a try.

And I agree, speeding up the transformation of Jean in the course of just one film wouldn't be as good (but I'm sure thats what they will do).

FuzzyBallz
07-22-03, 10:04 PM
It's all about Phoenix... I notice some people never read X-Men comic... sad, really.

Weapon Alpha... don't you think that's too far into the future?

DonnachaOne
07-22-03, 10:09 PM
I thought it'd be cool if they did Sentinels in X3, and save the Pheonix plot for X4... give 'em time to flesh out evelopment.

Originally posted by FuzzyBallz
It's all about Phoenix... I notice some people never read X-Men comic... sad, really.

Why?

DVDGUY1116
07-22-03, 10:56 PM
I think Gambit, hopefully played by James Marsters of Buffy fame, should be in the third one. Start him out as a bad guy though. I know that continuing with the Phoenix story is most likely what will happen in X3 but I would like to see another storyline develop as well. I am in agreement that Days of Future Past would make an execellent movie.

As for new characters I would like to see added:

Gambit
Cable
Deadpool
Banshee
Beast
Angel
Psylocke
Bishop
Forge
Jubilee
Emma Frost
Hellfire Club
The Sentinels
Onslaught
Apocalypse
Sinister

Obviously, not all of them but a good mix from within that pool would make me happy. Honestly, I wouldn't mind is Storm was written out of the 3rd movie. I have never been a big storm fan, comics or movie, and I think any one of those characters above could do a better job, and fit in better in the movie, with the limited amount of time they would get on screen. I would like to see Cyclops recast as James Marsden just doesn't seem right for the part. Here is my character list for the 3rd film:

Returning:
Rogue
Wolverine
Cyclops
Phoenix
Nightcrawler
Colossus
Iceman
Shadowcat
Xavier
Magneto
Mystique
Pyro
Lady Deathstrike
Sabertooth(returning)

New:
Gambit
Emma Frost
Deadpool
Hellfire Club
Sentinels

I think you could do some really good stuff with that group. Sorry, I got a bit carried away I'm just a huge X-Men fan and would love to see all my favorites appear eventually.

McHawkson
07-22-03, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by DonnachaOne
I thought it'd be cool if they did Sentinels in X3, and save the Pheonix plot for X4... give 'em time to flesh out evelopment.

As for Sentinels, I would rather wait till X4 or X5. Because the Sentinels story are mostly in the future. So, I think Phoenix in X3 made sense.

Jackskeleton
07-22-03, 11:40 PM
But just imagen how easy it will be for the sentinels to be cannon fodder for Pheonix. that's the best thing she could use.. a target to show off how powerful she is.

McHawkson
07-23-03, 12:09 AM
That would be nice... but I believe Phoenix will die at end of the movie and X-Men will find Jean Grey cocoon in X4. :)

RyoHazuki
07-23-03, 01:03 AM
Is X3 the confirmed title? Kinda Unoriginal if they keep up the X2,X3,X4,X5........ for all the sequels.

kantboy
07-23-03, 01:13 AM
I'd wish they developed Cyclops character and powers. He's supposed to be the leader of the group.

Oh well, at least I have my old X-Factor comics for that. :)

Breakfast with Girls
07-27-03, 01:18 PM
Kelly Hu is back because there will likely be flashbacks to Wolverine's life in Japan.

jarofclay73
07-27-03, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by RyoHazuki7
Is X3 the confirmed title? Kinda Unoriginal if they keep up the X2,X3,X4,X5........ for all the sequels.

How about X3-D? :D

Rizor
07-27-03, 03:41 PM
How about: "Across the Astral Plane: Being the Third Adventure in the X-Men Saga"

conscience
07-27-03, 04:28 PM
as long as storm (halle "wooden" berry) has a cameo or is completely out...i am there.

JestersTear
07-27-03, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by DonnachaOne

Why?

Because the days of the Phoenix / Dark Phoenix were some of the best stories ever told in X-Men. You'll never get better than the Claremont / Byrne days.

sinister
07-27-03, 07:41 PM
i say roy dupuis from the la femme nikita tv series is gambit. they need someone that looks kind of french/cajun and can do the accent. he's the guy. no connick, he looks like a geek in every movie he's in.

mwj
07-27-03, 08:17 PM
Storm (Halle Berry) may be completely absent or only appear in a cameo performance.

Less/no Halle is always a good thing when talking about a movie I want to see.

B.A.
07-27-03, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by sinister
no connick, he looks like a geek in every movie he's in.
In regards to Harry, I was being just a little bit sarcastic. I thought Gambit was a stupid, second-rate player in the comic - I don't want to see him in the films in any major capacity.

F For Fake
07-28-03, 08:08 AM
Add another vote against Gambit. By the time he showed up in the comic, the glory days were over. You had to have a flow chart to keep up with what Claremont was doing with the characters. And anyway, he just sucked.

I think they should continue to explore the characters they have, rather than feel a compulsion to stick new "cool" X-Men in every flick. And if they HAVE to add a character, make it Beast.

einTier
07-28-03, 10:11 AM
I don't think that the "Jean Grey isn't really dead" bit is really a spoiler. She's still alive in the comic book, and they really seemed to go to great lengths in the movie to show she wasn't really dead. Plus, with all the "Dark Phoenix" rumors floating around, I can't imagine how you could not know, even if you hadn't read the comic book.

That said, I'd love to see a "Days of Future Past" movie or an "Age of Apocalypse" movie. Those are two of my favorite X-Men alternate timelines.

SeanValen
07-28-03, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by kevin75
now don't get me wrong, kelly hu is hot and all, but to me she didn't serve any purpose other than to have someone for wolverine to fight. if she is gonna come back, give her character something more to do. as for halle berry, good to see her go. they haven't done anything with her character in either of the two movies. they could probably do a pretty good movie with the already signed cast, plus patrick stewart.

Kelly hu's character was brainwashed, we never got to see the proper lady deathstrike and her personality, then they

SPOILER!!!
killed her off.

So I'm thinking X3 will start off or have flashbacks with deathstike, Wolverine exploration.

chente
07-28-03, 06:11 PM
I'd like to see a Hellfire Club story arc complete with Sebastion Shaw and Emma Frost.

B.A.
07-28-03, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by chente
I'd like to see a Hellfire Club story arc complete with Sebastion Shaw and Emma Frost.
Charlize Theron could play Emma Frost. At least I think she could - just put her in that outfit from 2 Days in the Valley. :D

atari2600
07-28-03, 06:44 PM
so basically they are only adding one more mutant (colossus)? wtf? there are a ton to add! gambit would be nice and how can they make the movie without professor x and magneto? they need to be in for sure.

lesterlong
07-28-03, 07:08 PM
Yeah another X-Men movie centering around Wolverine. How original! -rolleyes-

Jericho
07-28-03, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by atari2600
so basically they are only adding one more mutant (colossus)? wtf? there are a ton to add! gambit would be nice and how can they make the movie without professor x and magneto? they need to be in for sure.

I think it's way to early to even know. The only thing that has been mentioned is who is coming back, although I thought Hugh Jackman wasn't signed on yet. Many of the stars have multi-picture deals, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan do not have deals past X2. Which isn't to say they won't sign on, but as of now they aren't in. Since the movie is still a long ways off, a lot can and will change.

ckolchak
07-29-03, 07:57 AM
the problem with Sentinals is they don't fit into the 'reality' that Singer has tried to cultivate.
at least the 30' tall comic book ones.
the best way to actually get something that extreme into the films is to use a DOFP style story with an alternate future.
that gives you a lot more liberty to be outlandish.

the other thing about DOFP- in the comic, the point of the story is to stop Mystique whose actions will set that future in motion-
for the movie, they could change it so that Jean/Phoenix is the one whose actions will cause a future sentinal patroled, mutant restricted, police state.
and Jean (not Mystique) becomes the one who needs to be put down before things get out of control.

at least i can see that working.
it could be a homage and synthesis of two great story arcs, while at the same time, being unique and fresh to long time readers/fans.

TomOpus
07-29-03, 08:05 AM
For those who don't want to see Halle Berry back will probably get their wish. At the San Diego Comic-Con weekend before last, she said she won't be back unless Storm gets to do a lot more. She suggested writing the studio if you want her to come back.

ckolchak
07-29-03, 08:10 AM
Halle or the lack of a Halle is not going to make or break X3.
at this point the franchise is beyond just one or two celebrities (save for possibly Jackman)
they could easily recast what is a supporting role.

its a shame they have to write out a strong, interesting character just because of problems with the actor playing it.

that seems to me to be throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Superman07
07-29-03, 08:14 AM
I never read the comics a lot, so I can't really comment on all these other proposed story lines. I just hope that the 3rd one is better than the second one, and that is a compliment since the second one was one of the best movies this year.

As for Bishop - I'm not really sure if I would want him, but I think Julius Carry, from Brisco County Jr., would fit the bill perfectly.

nodoubt
07-29-03, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by TomOpus
For those who don't want to see Halle Berry back will probably get their wish. At the San Diego Comic-Con weekend before last, she said she won't be back unless Storm gets to do a lot more. She suggested writing the studio if you want her to come back.

pffffff... no thanks. she won't be back? oh pretty please!!

although i hate it when there's a change in the character, i can really care less this time, such an ego.

fumanstan
07-29-03, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Superman07
I never read the comics a lot, so I can't really comment on all these other proposed story lines. I just hope that the 3rd one is better than the second one, and that is a compliment since the second one was one of the best movies this year.

As for Bishop - I'm not really sure if I would want him, but I think Julius Carry, from Brisco County Jr., would fit the bill perfectly.

Heh, my brother always said the same thing back when that show was on.

Anyway, Sentinals seem like they would fit in perfectly, since the first two involved the government and mutant registration and such. The creation of sentinals to hunt down mutants would be a logical next step for mutant haters.

Superman07
07-29-03, 01:51 PM
Like I said earlier, I don't know exactly how the comics went, but I think three things arise here with the sentinles:

1) Wasn't Striker behind them in the comics? He's gone now though

2) The whole things with Senator Kelly blew over and preassure on the mutants is off.

3) I think their talk with the President took a lot of heat off of them. However, it is possible that we'd see another administartion not so lax.

Just some thoughts.

einTier
07-29-03, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by SeanValen
Kelly hu's character was brainwashed, we never got to see the proper lady deathstrike and her personality, then they

SPOILER!!!
killed her off.

But is she really dead? Sure, she's filled with Adamantium, and a normal human or mutant would be killed.

However, she has the same mutant healing factor as Wolverine, and could very well be alive, but frozen in adamantium for supposedly all eternity.

...except, there is one person who can manipulate adamantium after it's cured -- Magneto. He ripped out Wolverine's adamantium skeleton in the comic, I'm not sure it would be such a problem for him to gently (or not so gently) remove all that excess from Lady Deathstrike.

I don't think we've seen the end of Lady Deathstrike.

RocShemp
07-29-03, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by einTier
But is she really dead? Sure, she's filled with Adamantium, and a normal human or mutant would be killed.

However, she has the same mutant healing factor as Wolverine, and could very well be alive, but frozen in adamantium for supposedly all eternity.

...except, there is one person who can manipulate adamantium after it's cured -- Magneto. He ripped out Wolverine's adamantium skeleton in the comic, I'm not sure it would be such a problem for him to gently (or not so gently) remove all that excess from Lady Deathstrike.

That's what I was hoping for after the look of recognition that Logan and Yuriko exchanged just before she died.

rocket1312
07-29-03, 06:01 PM
1) Wasn't Striker behind them in the comics?

Stryker had nothing to do with the Sentinels in the comics. He was a religious zealot who only appeared in an out-of-continuity graphic novel.

They recently brought him back in X-treme X-men in order to coincide with X2.

Personally, I think the Hellfire Club is the way to go. It definitely fits in with the more grounded X-men film universe. Plus, Emma Frost is...a pretty good character. :hump:

Kudama
07-31-03, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by FuzzyBallz
Weapon Alpha... don't you think that's too far into the future?

Weapon Alpha came to reclaim Weapon X (Wolverine) while John Byrne was still drawing it. Vintage, actually.
He's the guy with the electromagnetic polarity suit that later called himself Vindicator and then formed Alpha Flight and called himself Guardian (he felt he had vindicated himself for his crimes finally).

Then he died.

McHawkson
07-31-03, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Kudama
Weapon Alpha came to reclaim Weapon X (Wolverine) while John Byrne was still drawing it. Vintage, actually.
He's the guy with the electromagnetic polarity suit that later called himself Vindicator and then formed Alpha Flight and called himself Guardian (he felt he had vindicated himself for his crimes finally).

Then he died.

And he came back alive-- sort of.

minguy
08-02-03, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by einTier

She has healing ability to protect her from the adamantium but I don't see how she could've escaped drowning - if not from the tank then from the dam.

Stryker couldn't have pulled her out. All the soldiers would've been immobilized by Prof X's out-of-control telepathy. The X-Men didn't pull her out. The only hole I see is Magneto rescuing her on his way out. After all, we don't see the entire inside of the helicopter. But that'd be pretty weak, IMO.

I definately want to see Kellu Hu back. Flashback is probably the least clunky method. Of course, they can always bring her back as a clone.

What I don't understand is why they didn't provide for a smoother return for the character. Her participation in the sequel(s) is a no-brainer.

SunMonkey
08-02-03, 12:38 AM
Here's a vote for an all-out mutant battle against Apocalypse (http://www.liquidinternet.co.uk/rapsheet/RapSheetMain/Character2.asp?UniqueId=269).

http://www.liquidinternet.co.uk/rapsheet/Images/Characters/Apocalypse.jpg