Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

What was your Best Deal on DVD's

Old 07-16-03, 04:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This may sound like a mash note to Best Buy, but I gotta say, I really do love this store! If it were not for them, I'd be stuck paying twice as much per DVD. Occasionally Wal Mart has good deals, usually on kid friendly stuff, but if it isnt in that category, or a potential huge seller, you are usually out of luck. Besides, I feel somewhat morally opposed to supporting Walmart and their predatory business.

I never saw Spy Game, but BB had Bourne Identity and Spy Game on sale, packaged together for 17.99, how can you resist?

I know circuit city is good, but they are just too far away, besides, BB usually equals or beats them.

Where do you get yours?

and

What was the Best deal you ever got compared to what everyone else was selling the disc for?
Old 07-16-03, 05:26 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Columbia House CYCD code, oh how we miss you! 5 for $25, no further enrollments or commitment.

Beyond that, Wal-Mart has been good to me for new releases.
Old 07-16-03, 05:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And Columbia House (CH) gets its mention in the VERY FIRST REPLY! That's gotta be a new record!

Although, I agree that CH is the best place to get DVDs retardedly cheap, that's a different situation as you have to buy a certain amount, therefore I'm going to stick to B&M or their online equivalent. There's the E.T. box set I got for $27 or so. Oh, yeah, and the original Ocean's Eleven which I got for, er, free (before shipping charges). Those are both misprices though. As far as "legit" prices go, there's the two (2) South Park Season 1 sets I got for $10.

K
Old 07-16-03, 06:55 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=304601