I've only seen seasons 1-4 but my favorite still remains 2
Old 07-14-03, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=263331
Old 07-14-03, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I like 3rd season best, follow by 2nd season.
Old 07-15-03, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Season 3. Gotta love the Mayor. Season 2 had the best few episodes to close a season, but there was too many filler episodes.
Old 07-15-03, 11:03 AM

Season 2, with season 6 in a close second.
Old 07-15-03, 01:04 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Season 5, by far. It's my favorite season of any TV show. I'd follow with 3 then 4.

1, 2, 6, and 7 are tied for last for me until I see them all again. I'll never understand why people like 2 so much. I couldn't wait for it to end, even though there were a few highlights.
Old 07-15-03, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

[POSSIBLE SPOILERS, IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN ALL OF BUFFY AND DON'T WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING, DO NOT READ THIS POST]

Season 2. As for why, it's simple. The character development in that season is fantastic. Buffy is hit by several growing issues at once. Being in high school, after once knowing what it was like to be in the popular "in" crowd, she's now on the outside; she falls head over heels in love with - of all things a vampire - and is trying to deal with that, hormonal overload, not letting her mom find out about her secret identity, balancing on all of that, the changes one's body goes through and coming to terms with the fact that your life will NEVER be "normal". Starting with the fact that she had to deal with what happened with the master, meeting Spike and Dru and finding out there was someone else to "take the master's place" in wanting her dead, finding out Angel knew Dru and finding out to what extent, then we learn Giles is all to human, in time for Kendra to show up, reveal another piece of the slayer legend and showing us another side of being a slayer. The most amazing part of the season happens when Buffy and Angel finally show their love and the last nail hits the coffin of how forbidden their love is, when Angel loses his souls as a result of it. Buffy then struggles with the fact that she has to kill the man that she loves. Heart and Soul has become wrapped up with Angel and she then finds out that she has to kill him. And we see it's not easy. One of the best season finale's I have ever seen.

Season 3 is my next favorite and carries on the tradition. They are then followed by 5, 4, 7, 1, and 6.
Old 07-15-03, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Season 3. The Mayor is my favorite Big Bad. Faith is the best mini-Bad. And all 22 episodes were entertaining. I love Season 2, but it had the likes of "Bad Eggs" in it. That automatically disqualifies it from being the best.

I'd rank the seasons in this order:

3, 2, 5, 1, 4, 6, 7

P.S. When are we gonna get one of these polls for Angel?
Old 07-16-03, 12:13 AM

Angel's easy enough for me 1, 2, 3, 4 just like that
Old 07-16-03, 12:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 353 Likes on 229 Posts
3, 5, 2, 4, 1, 7, 6

I'd say seasons 3, 5 and 2 are fantastic, 4 and 1 are okay, and 7 and 6 somehow lost the fun. There were episodes I liked in 6 and 7, even some of my favorites, but the show just didn't appeal to me as much as it used to.

tasha
Old 07-16-03, 01:00 AM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

I will say I probably would've liked season 2 a lot more if I watched it when it first aired. I started watching at the beginning of season 5 and didn't see the first 4 until they aired on fx. While I was watching season 2 on fx everyday, I couldn't stand all of the monster of the week episodes. I wanted them to get on with the story, but even when they did, I wasn't that impressed. The exceptions being "When She Was Bad" and "Becoming".

One thing I do think is really horrible in season 2 is the humor. It's so forced, they turned Xander into Chandler from Friends. It seemed half the time Xander opened his mouth, a cringe-worthy joke would come out.

I probably shouldn't say all this since I've only seen the episodes once, but I was so disappointed in season 2.

As for Angel, I've only seen half of season 1 and 2, but I'm pretty sure my ranking won't change even after I see them all: 3, 4, 2, 1
Old 07-16-03, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Doughboy - Season 3 had Gingerbread. Nuff said.
Old 07-16-03, 12:38 PM

My favorite season is definately Season 5, it has so many excellent flawless episodes, for example; "Fool for love", "The Body" and "The Gift".
I remember when I first watched Season 5 I kept rooting for Spike, and just hoped that he'd get the girl. And in "Fool for love", when she said "You're beneath me" my heart broke right there with Spike's. I cried like a baby, until he sees her on the porch and they look at eachother... and... *sigh* He comforts her without saying a word, that was so romantic.

But I love all seasons, they all have their strong points and their weaknesses. I even loved Season 4, mostly because of Spike, Xander and Anya. What brings it down though is (of course) Riley and The Initiative.

I like the early seasons too, especially Season 1, because Buffy wasn't such a biatch back then... :/ Although I like Season 3, I think it's majorly overrated (no pun intended).
Old 07-16-03, 01:36 PM

Originally posted by elektra
Doughboy - Season 3 had Gingerbread. Nuff said.
Granted, "Gingerbread" is arguably the weakest episode of Season 3, but I'd still rewatch it 100 times before I sat through "Bad Eggs" again.
Old 07-16-03, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay admittedly "Bad Eggs' is pretty painful, but the rest of the Season had some good offerings.
Old 07-16-03, 02:56 PM

Worst ep of each season

-season 1: Teacher's Pet (yes it's worse then The Puppet Show)
-season 2: Inca Mummy Girl...at least Bad Eggs had The Gortch Bros
-season 3: Dead Man's Party...Buffy was just too unlikable in the episode. It's just not fun to watch.
-season 4: Beer Bad...that one's a gimmie
-season 5: Buffy vs. Dracula...although I liked Xander in this
-season 6: Doublemeat Palace...I'm not even going to comment
-season 7: Him...just seemed too out of place for the final season, and the storyline they were working.
Old 07-16-03, 03:34 PM
mwj

Season 3, Faith and the Mayor, it didn't get any better.
Old 07-16-03, 04:31 PM

-season 1: Teacher's Pet (yes it's worse then The Puppet Show)
I'm ok with this choice. I still liked the episode, but it was arguably the weakest of the season. "I Robot, You Jane" was also mediocre, although the last scene is classic and eerily prophetic.

-season 2: Inca Mummy Girl...at least Bad Eggs had The Gortch Bros
I didn't hate this episode as much as most fans. Plus it introduced Jonathan, so that alone puts it above "Bad Eggs" for me. But what do I know? I also enjoyed "Ted".

-season 3: Dead Man's Party...Buffy was just too unlikable in the episode. It's just not fun to watch.
That was the point though. I loved the scene where everyone piles on Buffy for what happened at the end of Season 2. You knew it was coming. Plus, how can you not enjoy Giles physically threatening Snyder?

-season 4: Beer Bad...that one's a gimmie
No argument here.

-season 5: Buffy vs. Dracula...although I liked Xander in this
I always enjoyed this episode. The thing is, every great Buffy season has an average premiere. Season 3's "Anne", anyone? But I agree that Xander had some classic lines and I did like the surprise ending with Dawn. I knew Buffy was getting a "sister" that season, but I didn't think everyone would be brainwashed into believing she'd been there all along.

-season 6: Doublemeat Palace...I'm not even going to comment
Again, no argument here.

-season 7: Him...just seemed too out of place for the final season, and the storyline they were working.
I loved "Him". Yes, it was a rehash of Season 2's "Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered"(there's even a flashback to it), but it had a bunch of classic moments and was a solid monster-of-the-week episode. I'm really not sure which one I'd go with for worst of Season 7, but it's definitely gotta be any one of the episodes after the SITs arrive and before Faith returns.
Old 07-16-03, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I remember being a big fan of the Mayor/Faith big bad combo when I first saw it, but when I saw it again a few months back I just wasn't as impressed with it. I too feel in the overall scheme Season 3 is over-rated.

I'd go 5, 2, 1, 3, 4, 6, 7.
Old 07-16-03, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

season 2, hands down.
it has the best character development, IMO.
Season 5 is my second favorite, mainly b/c of The Gift.
Old 07-17-03, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ted was teh first complete epidsode I saw, so that one is a little special to me. Plus I like when she kicked his butt. I think the worst of season two was Some Assembly Required.

I did like the opening sequence in Beer Bad for the choreography.

Buffy vs. Dracula, I liked that one too. Just for the tounge in cheek stuff.
Old 07-17-03, 08:29 AM

"I won't stand for malarky in my house young lady."

I love Ted. Probably the only time I marked out for John Ritter
Old 07-17-03, 08:53 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I have to go with 3, 5, 2, 1, 7, 4, 6

The only thing that saved 4 from being dead last were some of the better episodes from that season. 6 wasn't all that bad to me, and it did have a spectacular opening episode.

Even though I think Glory was the better villian over the mayor, I had to put season 3 first because of Faith. Everyone needs a little Faith.
Old 07-17-03, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You need one more option on your poll. Something for people who haven't seen all the seasons yet. Believe it or not, I just started watching Buffy last week. I'll be watching the final episode of season 1 tonight. Fortunately, tomorrow is payday.

So I didn't vote, since for me season 1 is the only logical answer at this point. And I wouldn't even vote for season 1 since in a week and a half, I've been through three sets already thanks to bad discs. The set I replaced yesterday had a permanent fingerprint on disc 3. I don't know how or why, but it couldn't be removed. The ironic thing is that I discovered it when Nightmares started skipping and wouldn't finish playing. For a DVD nut, a permanent fingerprint that won't go away is about the worst kind of nightmare you can have I've heard Buffy was a good show, but I never realized just how interactive it really was!
Old 07-17-03, 03:12 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

How is it possible that season 5 has the same number of votes as the 2 most bitched about seasons, 4 and 6?

As for the worst episodes, Buffy vs. Dracula is the only episode of season 5 that I didn't love. In my mind, I just switch Restless and BvD to make season 5 the best season of any show ever. Also, Doublemeat Palace is only the second worst episode of season 6. Season 6 has the honor of having the worst episode of Buffy ever, All The Way.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.