Old 07-11-03, 02:28 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outrun 2 Announced!!!!!!!

http://www.sega-am2.co.jp/outrun2/index.html

**dies**
Old 07-11-03, 02:51 AM

Wow...seems like there's a lot to do with 'beautiful girls' lol. Says there that depends on what you do with the girls, the ending(s) will be different....
Old 07-11-03, 03:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
holy cow thats some pretty sweet news
Old 07-11-03, 03:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Is this arcade or what?

This is indeed sweet news.

Now SEGA...where is the arcade perfect port of Turbo Outrun?
Old 07-11-03, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
sweet.
Old 07-11-03, 07:49 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I thought there was already an Outrun 2 years ago in arcades? Same as the original game except better graphics, choice of vehicles, and more exotic locales. Am I delusional?

Anyway, looks cool. Having the original Outrun included as a bonus in Shenmue 2 was a nice surprise.
Old 07-11-03, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
I thought there was already an Outrun 2 years ago in arcades? Same as the original game except better graphics, choice of vehicles, and more exotic locales. Am I delusional?

Anyway, looks cool. Having the original Outrun included as a bonus in Shenmue 2 was a nice surprise.
You're thinking of Turbo Outrun me thinks. The original Outrun featured a Testarossa with the pseudo-sequel featuring an F-40. That was a pretty seet game. It would be great if they had remixes of the original songs from the game. Ahhhh.... magical sound shower! (I think that's what it was called)
Old 07-11-03, 10:11 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
That's it...Turbo Outrun. I loved that game (and the original, of course).

There's a remix of Magical Sound Shower as part of Shenmue 2.
Old 07-11-03, 11:00 AM

Well, on the bottom of the page it says that it's run on a Chihiro board...which will probably mean it'll be out for the Xbox after the arcade version is out....
Old 07-11-03, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Wow, that would be sweet. I remember my grandfather telling me about Outrun. To bad he isn't around to enjoy the sequel.
Old 07-11-03, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by kaiyouske
Well, on the bottom of the page it says that it's run on a Chihiro board...which will probably mean it'll be out for the Xbox after the arcade version is out....
YAAAAAAY!
Old 07-11-03, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I want to paly outrun and my other sega favorites in Shenmue 2. Is there an easy way to do this without playing through the game? At $20, I am consdiering purchasing the game, but only If I'd be able to pop it and play Outrun whenever I wanted to without too much effort. Is this possible?
Old 07-11-03, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I love Outrun, the sitdown version of the arcade game is my favorite game of all time! I have put in too much $$ when I was young, I used to ride my bike for 30 minutes to a neighboring town's bowling alley just to play this game! I enjoy every minute of it, and I can't wait for Outrun 2, it looks like it retains the same branching path gameplay, I only wish that they would add more depths to the branch to 6 or 7 more stages!

Bravo Sega, I am buying this the day it comes out.

Last edited by Lastblade; 07-11-03 at 08:58 PM.
Old 07-11-03, 08:47 PM

Damn, one would think that the remix of Magical Sound Shower would be available on Kazaa. Hmm...I'm seriously considering buying an X-Box, so I can play Shenmue 2, so I can play Outrun and hear the MSS remix.

(I have other reasons for wanting to buy an X-Box, but this is the most immediate one at this moment)
Old 07-11-03, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

There was an Outrun with remixed music released for the Japanese Sega Saturn as part of Sega Classics or something like that. Later, Working Designs(?) put a couple of classics on one disc and released it in the US but stupidly dumped the remixed audio tracks. The remixed audio was what put the game over the top for me. I kinda like the old school colourful scaling sprites, but the lo-quality instruments in the audio didn't go over well with me. So to get the tunes played with real instruments and CD quality was a huge bonus. I played that one more than most other games on my Saturn!

I like how they've kept the same visual look to the courses with the unrealistic but extremely scenic highways that stretch on through islands and what not.