Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Please help me find Messe Noire (EvilSpeak) uncut on DVD!

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-03, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really want this DVD! I recently purchased a UK DVD of Evilspeak and it is a cut version!

From IMDB:

The French Canadian video release on the Cinéma Plus label under the title, Messe Noire, contains additional gore which was cut from the U.S. video release on the 20th Century Fox label

The original pre-cert rental release of evil speak was uncut, the new UK DVD isn't. The cuts, listed by the time they appear in the DVD, are: 2mins 2 secs Of a young maiden having her head chopped off 58mins 1 secs Of a shot of the basement bloke having his neck broken 65mins 23 secs of pigs attacking woman in bath and eating her guts. 88mins 19 secs Of the priest have a nail in the head and shots of him. 90mins 4 secs Of a teacher having their head splatted by Coopersmith. 90mins 21 secs Of a pig eating the fat kid. 91mins 9 secs Of a kid breaking a window (?) 91mins 18 secs Of pigs eating 91mins 8 secs Of (another) head chop 92mins 18 secs Of a kid banging on a door to escape(?) 92mins 6 secs Of (a 4th) head chop 92mins 8 secs Of a kid being eaten in an air vent 92mins 2 secs Of a kid running from pigs 93mins 11 secs Of heart ripping. 95mins 8 secs Of Coopersmith's digital image(?). The Credits have been sped up (but not even the uncut one got the timing right on the letters appearing) Normal credit sequence = 2mins 30secs Sped Up Credits = 1mins 15secs

The U.S. release was heavily censored to earn an "R" rating rather than an "X". Among the cut material: a naked woman is eaten alive in her bathtub by satanically driven boars, heads are lopped off and cloven in two, limbs removed, a heart is ripped, still beating from the chest

US distributor The Moreno Company hacked up the film shortly before release to ensure its "R" rating, making no effort to fix the soundtrack. The following 11 cuts (totalling less than 20 seconds) were made:
A shot of Miss Friedemeyer's (Lynn Hancock) bloody, mangled torso lying in the bathub with her stomach torn open and a grunting boar pulling up a piece of flesh (that bears remarkable similarities to a rubber band). (1 second)
A close-up shot of two bloodied chandelier spikes popping out through Hauptman's (Hamilton Camp) chest. (1 second)
A shot of the crucified Reverend Jameson (Joseph Cortese) landing at the Coach's (Claude Earl Jones) lap. (1 second)
A few frames of the shot of the reverend's crucified head on the floor after Coach jumps up and knocks him over. (>1 second)
A few more frames of the second shot of the reverend's crucified head on the floor, as seen by Colonel Kincaid (Charles Tyner). (>1 second)
A few frames of the shot of Coopersmith (Clint Howard) bringing the broadsword down on a watermelon shaped like the Colonel's head, removing all footage of it splitting open and sending juice and pulp flying. (>1 second)
A shot of two boars eating hot dogs out of Ox Baker's (Jim Greenleaf) body (2 seconds), as witnessed by Jo Jo Anderson (Louie Gravance). A non-graphic reaction shot that followed it - Jo Jo jumping behind a wall in fear - is also removed to (attempt to) prevent a jump cut. (1 second)
A few frames of the shot of one of the two boars chewing on Ox Baker's bloody face, again as witnessed by Jo Jo Anderson. (>1 second)
A few frames of Jo Jo Anderson's decapitation, removing footage of his head falling off. (>1 second)
Two shots of Coach's decapitation: one showing his head getting lopped off and his neck stump shooting up blood; the other, the head landing on the ground. (4 seconds)
Most frames of the shot of Sarge (R.G. Armstrong) pulling Bubba's (Don Stark) beating heart out of his chest (2 seconds), and an additional side-angle shot that shows it gushing blood in Sarge's hand (2 seconds). The heart has been "meticulously" taken out of the R-rated print.

Can anyone locate this DVD for me???

TIA

Sonicflood
Old 07-09-03, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Which one did you get? I found two R2 releases with different covers:

Prism Leisure Corporation

Digital Entertainment
Old 07-09-03, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by DVDude!
Which one did you get? I found two R2 releases with different covers:

Prism Leisure Corporation

Digital Entertainment
I have the Digital Entertainment one. Both of those versions are cut though

Thanks for the reply!

Sonicflood
Old 07-09-03, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No problem. If you do find it, please post here. I haven't seen this movie since I was about 15, I think. Wouldn't mind picking up a copy of an uncut version. Thanks.