Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

If you are Seeing Pearl Jam In Boston Get There Early

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-03, 08:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On july 11, 2003, the band is going on stage at 6:30 to play an hour of acoustic music. Then the support act will play their set. Then Pearl Jam is coming back out to do there regularly scheduled show. And i will not be there. boohoo!
Old 07-08-03, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

from www.theskyiscrape.com

Boston 3 acoustic set.._ Jul 08, 2003 at 9:52 PM

In a shocking move, Pearl Jam has decided to play an all-acoustic set from 6:30-7:30 before the actual show on Friday, July 11th in Boston. This acoustic set is in addition to their regular set to be played after Sleater-Kinney's opening performance. The band added this set in order to make good on their promise of playing every song in their catalogue, which seemed all but impossible.

In addition, word has it that Pearl Jam is trying to get 250 tickets to give to the people who live in the trailer park next to the Tweeter Center (the show is not sold out). Why? So that they can play past the 11:00 o'clock curfew.

Should be an exciting night for all attending!
Old 07-09-03, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

yup, I'll be there 7th row DEAD CENTER right in the middle of section 2.

Also it's 11am now, and while debating it back and forth and back again I think.................................

I just can't miss out on the MSG2 show tonight!

So I'm leaving work now and either going to drive down or take a bus (about a 3 hour trip).
Old 07-09-03, 11:33 AM

I was at the second mansfield show and really wish I could go to this one.

Pearl jam are Fn awesome doing this.

I've bought all the mansfield bootlegs hopefully they will release Friday's entire show including the mini-set.

Jason
Old 07-09-03, 03:39 PM

This is the official announcement.

July 8, 2003 - Pearl Jam To Open 3rd Boston Show With Extra One-Hour Set

Pearl Jam
With Special Guest Sleater-Kinney
At the Tweeter Center
Friday, July 11, 2003

Boston – In order to accomplish their goal of performing their entire current repertoire over the course of the three Boston shows while not repeating a single song, Pearl Jam will play an extra one hour set at 6:30 p.m. before Sleater-Kinney takes the stage.

The revised show schedule looks like this:
- 5:30 p.m. Doors open
- 6:30 p.m. Pearl Jam plays extra one hour set
- 7:30 p.m. Sleater-Kinney
- 8:45 p.m. Pearl Jam

Tickets for Pearl Jam are still available through the Tweeter Center Box Office and at Ticketmaster outlets, including Filene's, by calling (617/508) 931-2000, or (617) 228-6000, or by logging on to www.cc.com. Tickets are $38.00 reserved and $34.00 lawn plus a $6.50 facility fee and applicable Ticketmaster service charges. Parking available at no additional charge. DOORS: 5:30 p.m.
Old 07-09-03, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This is truly great..

Was lucky enough to see the 1st to Boston Shows, along with several others throughout the tour, however am a bit sad I can't see this accoustic set. Oh well that's what bootlegs are for. Some reason I'm also expecting a dvd of some sort over the Boston 3 shows..
Old 07-11-03, 08:33 PM

45 Songs And A Note

July 11, 2003 - Tweeter Center; Mansfield, MA

Extra set before opening band:
Long Road, Of The Girl, Sometimes, Off He Goes, All Those Yesterdays, Driftin', Thin Air, Sleight of Hand, Footsteps, All Or None, Parting Ways, Indifference;

Set List:
Can't Keep, Breakerfall, Brain of J., Spin the Black Circle, Ghost, Green Disease, Tremor Christ, Given To Fly, Nothing As It Seems, Cropduster, Faithfull, Why Go, Wishlist, Leatherman, Nothingman, Better Man, 1/2 Full, Untitled, MFC, Blood;

1st encore:
Breath, Habit, Down, Mankind, U, Black, Jeremy;

2nd encore:
Arc, I Believe In Miracles, Know Your Rights, Fortunate Son, Rockin' in the Free World, One Note [literally play one note & leave];

3rd encore:
Yellow Ledbetter

Last edited by borisdisco; 07-12-03 at 07:13 AM.