Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

anybody getting Outlaw Volleyball

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-03, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anybody getting Outlaw Volleyball

I LOVED Outlaw Golf and will getting this today. Anybody else interested. It's got to be better than DOAX. If it's got the gameplay of Beach Spikers and the graphics and humor of Outlaw golf, I will be very happy with it.

Thoughts?
Old 07-08-03, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,076 Likes on 651 Posts
I am interested in it but I am going to wait and see what kind of reviews people are giving it. I have too many new games on my plate right now so it would have to be pretty good for me to get it.

I like DOAX Volleyball but having it won't deter me away from having another volleyball game if it is good. I liked Outlaw Golf as well but eventually got bored with it. (I also got sick of slicing my swings all the time!)

Let us know what you think about it after you pick it up.
Old 07-08-03, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would be so "all over it", but I do not have an Xbox to call my own. And Lewis Black is the commentator in the volleyball game, so besides the eye candy and playability, youll wet yourself laughing at what he says.
Old 07-08-03, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I'll pick it up sometime... I'm in no hurry though.
Old 07-08-03, 12:03 PM
Cat

I'm interested in it, but since I don't have an Xbox it doesn't matter unless it comes on on PS2 in the future. I really liked Beach Spikers, but it went bye bye when I sold my Gamecube. I also heard there is another volleyball game from Acclaim that is coming out soon. Has anyone heard how it is supposed to be?

Cat
Old 07-08-03, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Is this still Live compatible? If it gets decent reviews and I can play online I will almost certainly pick this up.
Old 07-08-03, 02:33 PM

On the EBgames web site, it says that it is Live compatible. It ships today so I will pick it up tomorrow.
Old 07-08-03, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
Here's a good, favorable review:

http://www.teamxbox.com/view_reviews.php?id=520

Looks like we have a winner...
Old 07-09-03, 04:11 AM
Cool New Member

I have played this game for about 30 minutes at E3. The game play is pretty good and the eye candy is awsome! If I remember correctly the game had to load everytime you did something cool to show you a video of the characters doing something silly. It was cool at first but then it gets to be the same old video over and over and over. I only played for like 30 minutes and I was already sick of the little videos. I liked the game play enough that I will probably get it but not for the 49.99 that it will launch at. Maybe 39.99 but probably 29.99 is all I would pay. Just one guys opinion. Enjoy
Old 07-09-03, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I believed the retailer price is $29.98 ... so you can get it around $25.00 w/ BB coupon
Old 07-09-03, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jtnguyen12
I believed the retailer price is $29.98 ... so you can get it around $25.00 w/ BB coupon
Wishful thinking...Price is $49.99 but if you buy with another title $39.99 or up at EB B&M before 7/31, you can send in for a $20 gift certificate. Coupon needed, it's in the EB summer catalog.

Jeremy
Old 07-09-03, 10:52 AM

Got mine reserved at Gamestop. They haven't receive their shipment yet. Should be a fun game!

Thong
Old 07-09-03, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Picked mine up today at the EB on 32nd and 6th Ave, they looked like they were going fast, so there should be some good games on XBL tonight!

Jeremy
Old 07-09-03, 01:32 PM

Picked up mine about an hour ago. Can't wait to get out of work. Too bad I do not have live or I would be joining you tonight.
Old 07-09-03, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got mine before I went out for lunch. The guy at EB said that they are moving fast and until I mentioned it he had no idea it was on Live Enabled.

Gonna go pop mine in here in a bit and try it out.
Old 07-09-03, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Boy did I suck the first time I played tour mode.

Then I went back and played thru the drills with all the current players to build them up. I did way better the next time.

It's weird to own an XBOX Live game, log onto the service and not see a single person playing. Hope that never happens again.

The game looks great and plays very well. When you play the drill that helps you practice blocks it seem like it takes way too long for the player onscreen to respond. I didn't really get to try it in the game.

The courts are great but I figures they would be by the previews. I wonder if the downloadable content will include courts? Hmmmm

Thank goodness you can make your own soundtrack. I don't care much for the one in game so I've really messed with it and added a ton of my own songs. The free CD that came with my copy had 2 songs on it. I thought it was gonna be the whole game soundtrack or a larger sample of the tracks.

More complex control scheme than DOAX by a long shot. Holding the R Trigger to run takes some real getting used to.

The camera options are way better than DOAX and that alone makes it a far superior game. It always helps when you can see the ball coming into play on your side of the court.

Character models is this game are amazing. I just have to wonder.....if you are making a game that will most likely be picked up by horny young males.....why put in ugly hillbilly guys and a roughed up soccer player? I'd much rather have mostly girls with a few bada$$ guys like Killer Miller. Lizzy would be much hotter if she was a goth girl AND American. Oh well.

Woth 49.99? If I get better at it I'll say yes. And I sure hope I can play online soon. Without the Live features I would of waited on this one. I look forward to playing online and seeing the added content. A few more busty babes would be fine with me.

Old 07-10-03, 05:24 PM

I played for qute a while last night and I love this game. You actually play volleyball in it too!!!!!! (compared to another game I know) The grafics are great to say the least and the gameplay is even better. I love the fact that it gives you a tour mode that is hard and complex. It will take quite a while to beat it. Plus, I love the drills. I especially enjoy where you have to hit the fans before they reach the net. All of the drills are challenging and once you get the hang of them, you really have improved you game on the court. I am even quite good at blocking shots it the game. Anyway, If anyone is looking for a great VBall game, pick this up.
Old 07-10-03, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll pick it up when it's at a cheaper price.
Old 07-10-03, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Bought mine today. Ill be checking it out as soon as i get back from vacation

Last edited by thegame370; 07-10-03 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-10-03, 08:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When you move from DOAX to this game it sure takes time getting used to using so many buttons. Using the R trigger is my weakness. I just forget to run at times or my finger doesn't respond as fast as I would like it to.

Once you figure out the whole aiming factor when bumping and setting....it becomes much easier to win games.

But it sure does take forever to unlock things. *sigh*
Old 07-11-03, 08:06 AM

What's the verdict should I get this game or not? Also I heard the camera view is far away can it be adjusted?

Last edited by kegman; 07-11-03 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-11-03, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by kegman
What's the verdict should I get this game or not? Also I heard the camera view is far away can it be adjusted?
The camera isn't a problem at all. It looks and plays much like Virtual Tennis on the DC. So far so good.

Jeremy
Old 07-11-03, 03:19 PM

If you don't like the camera the way it is, you can change it between about 5 different modes. Great game and you should absolutly go buy it.
Old 07-11-03, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I like the default cam setup. It's far away but it really helps you plan better. I only used the other for a short period of time.

I've already turned off the commentary. I cranked my music up to 10 and knocked everything else down.

If they wanted to make a really good download........they should have added commentary clips. It just got old WAY too fast. But that is my biggest complaint as of now. So I still would tell people to buy it.
Old 07-11-03, 04:58 PM

ok one question about live play... Can you have guests on live is is this just like the majority of xbox live games 1 player on a box?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.