Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys First Season

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 07-06-03, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like to know if anyone here got this DVD? I was waiting for this for a long time, soon I will get this not ehough ca$h at the moment
So if anyone have this how is the Video and the Sound (5.1)?
Old 07-07-03, 04:14 PM

I've only watched the first few episodes (skipped the movies). I'm not a critic, but the picture looked okay to me. Definitely better than the Xena picture quality. The surround wasn't too noticeable but it was definitely there.
I listened to a little of the Kevin Sorbo commentary on an episode too. He's not a great commentator though so I ended up just watching the episode instead.
Old 07-19-04, 02:46 PM
Banned

I have the dvd set. The episodes are really dark some of them. Sometimes, the darker spots look to appear that they are not there. Sound quality is ok. Kevin Sorbo did the best job doing video commentary in this season, the other seasons were OK commentary.
Old 07-24-04, 08:53 AM
Emeritus Reviewer

Hercules Season One

The season sets get better as they progress in terms of video/audio quality but they were never all that great to begin with. I think the commentaries have gotten better with time as well, although the short interviews for episodes have proven far better than the commentaries, since the season one set made it seem like Sorbo didn't really remember much of what happened (that was the impression I got when reviewing it). I like the show a lot myself and hope the last few sets continue to improve.