Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

korean wild at heart dvd

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

korean wild at heart dvd

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-03, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
korean wild at heart dvd

http://www.koreandvds.com/dvddetail.html?id=10803

just found this in case anyone is interested. if you have a review please post it.

thanks
Old 07-06-03, 04:42 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Korean Wild at Heart DVD is Region 0 NTSC!!!
Well this came as a shock to say the least. I decided to pick up a copy of the UK Wild at Heart DVD... or so I thought from a vendor on Ebay. When the disc arrived, the disc looked exactly like the UK disc cover that I had sen online, however, it had Korean lettering on it. I popped it into my DVD Rom Drive thinking I would have to switch the Region Code first, but instead, it did not prompt me to switch the Region Code. I pulled the disc out, and threw it into my regular DVD player, and was amazed that the disc was both Region 0 and NTSC. What that means for you Americans is that you can purchase this disc off of Ebay or any other Korean DVD reseller, and play it in your regular DVD player. I picked it up for $10.50, however I've seen it going for around $27. If you grab it, make sure it's the Korean version.

Keep in mind that MGM will be putting out a Lynch approved version later this year... however if you want something in OAR (Original Aspect Ratio), and you want it now, it's better than VHS.
http://www.dugpa.com/

The fact it DOESN'T have a Lynch-approved transfer makes it a pointless buy. The Lynch-approved Reg 1 will be out in a few months anyway.
Old 07-06-03, 11:27 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

what's this movie about?
Old 07-06-03, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by IC_Freeze
what's this movie about?
You're asking that about a David Lynch movie?
Old 07-06-03, 06:11 PM

Originally posted by Squirrel God
You're asking that about a David Lynch movie?
They probably mean to ask the simpler question, "what happens in the movie?", or at least, "what appears to happen?".. as opposed much more difficult question, "yes, but what does it all mean?"

Hemulen
Old 01-13-04, 09:24 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
question: do both the UK '18' edition and the Korean DVD have
Spoiler:
the shotgun blast decapitation shown in all it's full blown gory version or is it identical to the optically fogged 'censored' MPAA approved R-rated altered shot.
Old 01-14-04, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally posted by Giles
question: do both the UK '18' edition and the Korean DVD have
Spoiler:
the shotgun blast decapitation shown in all it's full blown gory version or is it identical to the optically fogged 'censored' MPAA approved R-rated altered shot.
I have the UK version and
Spoiler:
there is no fog.
Old 01-14-04, 04:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 114 Likes on 82 Posts
Any word on what happened to the R1 release? The year came and went and still no WILD AT HEART:SE.
Old 01-14-04, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by philo
Any word on what happened to the R1 release? The year came and went and still no WILD AT HEART:SE.
Well, David Lynch has never been exactly DVD friendly, so that's the main reason why I got this and Lost Highway from Europe.
Old 01-16-04, 08:06 AM

Well, David Lynch has never been exactly DVD friendly, so that's the main reason why I got this and Lost Highway from Europe.
I'm not sure what you mean by that. Lynch approved the new transfer on Blue Velvet, he's either still working or already approved MGM's forthcoming Wild At Heart transfer, he's stated that he tried to locate the deleted scenes for the Blue Velvet DVD but couldn't locate them, he wants the Fire Walk With Me deleted scenes to be released, he's supervised numerous 5.1 remixes for his films, he restored Eraserhead and had it re-authored numerous times, he purchaed back the rights to his Hotel Room TV series and intends to release it on DVD, the list goes on and on. I'd say he's very DVD friendly considering the amount of time he takes to make sure the transfers are high quality.

Quote from John Neff regarding Wild At Heart, "Dave has not finished the new transfer yet. There was a problem with the IP from the first transfer, and a new one was struck from the camera negative. David is working on that one now. So, anything on the street is not David's 'approved transfer'. it doesn't exist yet."

Quote from David Lynch on his website regarding Wild At Heart, "DAVIDLYNCH [11:04 AM PST]: BLU - EACH NIGHT I'M GOING TO THE LAB - FOR TWO WEEKS NOW -- TO TIME AND COLOR CORRECT WILD AT HEART FOR DVD -- "

You need to read through some of the stuff on this site especially the interviews with John Neff. I don't know how anyone can say "David Lynch has never been exactly DVD friendly".
Old 01-16-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Truffaut Fan,
thank you for the update.
Old 01-16-04, 04:47 PM

the japanese R2 version is actually R0 as well. I haven't watched it completely yet, so I can't vouch for the transfer or any censorship.
Old 01-16-04, 08:51 PM

The Korean disc is R0 and considerably cheaper.
Old 01-17-04, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally posted by Truffaut Fan
I don't know how anyone can say "David Lynch has never been exactly DVD friendly".
"Never" is the operative word there. Lynch in fact wasn't very friendly to home video of any sort for a long time, and has only come around with support for the DVD format in the last couple of years.
Old 01-17-04, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by keithf25
the japanese R2 version is actually R0 as well. I haven't watched it completely yet, so I can't vouch for the transfer or any censorship.
The Japanese disc is terrible. It's cropped to 1.85:1 and has a lousy non-anamorphic transfer. The shotgun blast is "uncensored", but the disc is definitely not worth owning.
Old 01-18-04, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Josh Z
The Japanese disc is terrible. It's cropped to 1.85:1 and has a lousy non-anamorphic transfer. The shotgun blast is "uncensored", but the disc is definitely not worth owning.
Josh, I think they are talking about the new edition that came out a few months ago which I suppose is a new transfer, not like the first now OOP disc.

the link to the newer version:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UJSD-13559
Old 01-19-04, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Josh Z
"Never" is the operative word there. Lynch in fact wasn't very friendly to home video of any sort for a long time, and has only come around with support for the DVD format in the last couple of years.
Allow me to re-phrase that. I should have said that he hasn't always been DVD friendly. I was mainly thinking of the treatment that Mulholland Drive got on DVD (no chapter stops and the edit).
Old 01-19-04, 11:08 AM

BTW, I'm not sure about the Japanese disc but the Korean disc is a PAL-NTSC transfer. So far, there's still no true NTSC version unless the Japanese one is a different transfer.
Old 01-20-04, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by lostatmidnight
Josh, I think they are talking about the new edition that came out a few months ago which I suppose is a new transfer, not like the first now OOP disc.

the link to the newer version:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UJSD-13559
Ah, how did that one escape my notice?!

Thanks for the info.

So what's this link at the bottom for a "Wild at Heart Limited Edition" all about?

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=UJGD-13559