Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Crow: Wicked Prayer

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

imdb

more info:
A Boy And His Bird

Very cool. Maybe with some actual actors in this one it may get a theatrical release. And possibly be better than the dismal Salvation.

I can take Dennis Hopper as a bad guy, Tara Reid as a love interest, but Edward Furlong as someone who is raised from the dead to inflict vengeance? Isn't he a tad on the small side?
Old 07-02-03, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to mention that he is a lame druggy.
Old 07-02-03, 10:12 AM
Banned

No more... please, no more.

The first Crow movie was great. I've found all the movies afterward to be an insult to the memory of Brandon Lee.
Old 07-02-03, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,659 Likes on 1,035 Posts
If they do it right, there could be another good movie out there for the franchise.

The first is my favorite movie of all time (hence my name.) Everything else has had glimmers of coolness, but didn't live up to the original.

I've read a few of the books continuing the Crow story, and some of those would make pretty cool flicks, if done correctly.
Old 07-02-03, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts
Interesting.

It'll be nice to see David Boreanaz in a movie, also. I'll definitely be going to see this, even though I've been disappointed in the other sequels. I didn't really think either of the sequels was horrible, but they didn't even come close to the original.

I don't really care much for Rob Zombie, but I still think that his idea for a Crow sequel was the most original so far. I wish he'd gotten a chance to make it.

Michael Corvin: On a side note, I'd been meaning to ask you for a while whether or not your user name was a subtle Crow reference. I assume this thread confirms it.

Last edited by GoVegan; 07-02-03 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-02-03, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Crow: Like the character, this series cant die, but it sure smells like a stinky corpse.
Old 07-02-03, 11:21 AM
Banned

Originally posted by GoVegan
I don't really care much for Rob Zombie, but I still think that his idea for a Crow sequel was the most original so far. I wish he'd gotten a chance to make it.
From what I heard, Zombie's making a movie around the script he submitted, he's just going to make enough changes to avoid getting hit by a lawsuit.
Old 07-02-03, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by JestersTear
The first Crow movie was great. I've found all the movies afterward to be an insult to the memory of Brandon Lee.
Can't really say anything more.
Old 07-02-03, 11:46 AM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Was this the one that was originally supposed to be about dualing rappers with one of them coming back? Or am I thinking of something else?
Old 07-02-03, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 731 Likes on 533 Posts
Pressman:Crow = Berman:Star Trek
Old 07-02-03, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Pac-Rat
Was this the one that was originally supposed to be about dualing rappers with one of them coming back? Or am I thinking of something else?
The Rob Zombie one? God no!

As far as I can remember, the plot of Rob Zombie's movie was that a young boy and his parents were killed by somebody and the boy comes back, but somehow forgets his mission for twenty years. At that point he remembers somehow that he's got a bunch of people who need killin'. That's not really the best plot synopsis, but that's the best you're going to get out of me. I thought it sounded interesting, anyway.
Old 07-02-03, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by JestersTear
From what I heard, Zombie's making a movie around the script he submitted, he's just going to make enough changes to avoid getting hit by a lawsuit.
That'll be interesting. I don't really see how he could easily make it work, though, without the Crow mythos.

Do you know what happened that caused his movie to be canned, at least as far as the Crow franchise is concerned? I really don't remember. It's been quite a while.
Old 07-02-03, 12:09 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

I found a bit about the dualing rappers. At least I know I'm not completely out of my melon.

http://www.creature-corner.com/news3/jun13crow4.php3
By Johnny Butane
Contributing Sources: Moviehole

Those of you that follow these things may have heard this past week that production on 'The Crow: Wicked Prayer' had shut down due to one of it's producers getting ill. A lot of fans of the dead avenger were a broken up by this, mainly because this entry promised to be a little cooler than the previous two with both an interesting cast (Dennis Hooper) and stroyline.

The resourceful chaps over in the Moviehole decided to take matters into their own hands, however, and call the studio where 'Wicked Prayer' is being made and guess what? It was all ********. Production is still going ahead strong, the producer is feelin' fine, and they've even added Macy Gray and David Oritz to the cast.

If case you're not in the know, 'Wicked Prayer' stars David Boreanaz ('Angel') as the leader of a gang of motorcycle thugs that are named after the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. During a ritual to try and make himself an immortal demon, he kills Edward Furlong's character who is then chosen to be the next high-kicking angel of vengeance. Really not that bad of an idea, and at least it's strayed from the original concept of dueling rappers. Ugh.

No word on when it's set to be released or how, but we'll keep our eyes open for ya.
Old 07-02-03, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Rob Zombie one? God no!
No, the one that was going to star Eminem and DMX. It was going to be called The Crow: Lazarus

Or something like that.
Old 07-02-03, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,743 Likes on 1,889 Posts
"The Crow Wicked Prayer" is based on a Crow novel by Norman Partridge.

"The Crow Lazarus" was the original plan for "Crow 4," and would have starred DMX as a murdered rapper. Think Tupac. Anyway, at some point, Eminem was attached to play his rival. The gimmick was that both DMX and Eminem were both "Crows" brought back from the dead. DMX would have been the "good" one with a black crow and Em would've been "evil" with a white crow. Crow vs. Crow. Admittedly, it's kind of an interesting twist on the mythos, but I really didn't want to see the franchise used as a starring vehicle for rappers. I'd rather the franchise keeps its dark gothic milieu.
Old 07-02-03, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

That actually doesn't sound too bad. I don't think I'd read much of the proposed plot before now. I just remember reading it was about a rapper who came back to exact revenge. I was mostly concerned for the soundtrack.

I read somewhere on A Boy and His Bird (linked in the first post) that this movie is still going to be made, minus the crow name and without DMX and Eminem. I think that would be best, anyway. When the film was first proposed, neither of them was very popular. I think it's best to stick to somewhat unknowns.
Old 07-02-03, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
The gimmick was that both DMX and Eminem were both "Crows" brought back from the dead. DMX would have been the "good" one with a black crow and Em would've been "evil" with a white crow.
I'd rather see Vanilla Ice vs. Sir Mix-a-Lot

...also, isn't a white crow called a seagull?
Old 07-02-03, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Rob Zombie's script,The Crow 2042?, was written by him a long time ago. The studio liked the script and thought it was a great idea for a movie but not one using the Crow name or storyline. Intead we got Salvation a few years later. I believe Zombie changed the name of the script to BlackRiderX but it has never gone anywhere.

By the way, the name of his Crow script changed often if I can remember correctly. I believe the correct date in the title was 2042 although I can't remember.

Last edited by DarthMaul420; 07-02-03 at 06:36 PM.
Old 07-02-03, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wasn't the third Crow film a direct to video release? If so, why release the fourth one in theaters?
Old 07-02-03, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by pixyboi
Can't really say anything more.
I totally agree. But this one does sound very promising for a series that had only one good film (the first one).
Old 07-03-03, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Michael Corvin: On a side note, I'd been meaning to ask you for a while whether or not your user name was a subtle Crow reference. I assume this thread confirms it.
Yep, it is the original name for the character in City of Angels. It was used on the tombstone in the teaser trailers. Then they decided to change it to Ashe Corven. Good catch.

City of Angels had potential. It is beautifully and stylistically shot, the father & son plot was a good idea. It just had forgettable bad guys. That is one thing(of many) that makes the first one better. Bad guys you love, and love it when they die. Memorable. Top Dollar, T-Bird, Tin-tin, funboy, and skank. I could have cared less about the villans in COA. They also went wrong trying to tie the two movies together with Sarah. It would have been good to sever all ties to the first and make it truely stand on its own.

BTW,

DMX + Eminem + Crow = Worst movie ever made.
Old 07-04-03, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has anyone here ever seen the uncut version of City of Angels? I heard it was quite superior.
Old 07-04-03, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Michael Corvin
Bad guys you love, and love it when they die. Memorable. Top Dollar, T-Bird, Tin-tin, funboy, and skank. I could have cared less about the villans in COA.
How true it is. I can name all the bad guys from the first film, some of them from the second (Curve, Kali, Spider-Monkey) and none from the third.

Well, hopefully the fourth will be decent. That's all I'm really hoping for.

EDIT: Anyone find it funny how Crow fans are suddenly coming out of the woodwork? Just look at the user names...
Old 07-04-03, 05:49 AM

Like mine...
Old 07-04-03, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Summary:

'The Crow' - An all time classic and all around excellent film.

'The Crow: City of Angels' - Terrible film in every respect.

'The Crow: Salvation' - Tolerable and half way enjoyable. I didn't think it was near as bad as people was sayin'.

'The Crow: Wicked Prayer' - Sounds like more of the same. Not really lookin' forward to it, but I'll pick it up, because I have the rest of the series on DVD.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.