Reload this Page >

2 New 'Justice League's on July 5th

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 07-02-03, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a reminder that new episodes of Justice League begin July 5th on Cartoon Network at 9pm CST. I think it's been nearly a year since the last new episode, so it's about time!
Old 07-02-03, 08:19 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Cool Beans.

The JL mini-movie was the last thing I saw that was new.
Old 07-02-03, 08:40 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Spoiler:
These new episodes feature Darkseid so CN is running the Superman: TAS episodes featuring Darkseid beforehand.
Old 07-02-03, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
I saw that on my Tivo and wondered if they were new. So both episodes are new?
Old 07-02-03, 11:00 AM

Originally posted by Deftones
I saw that on my Tivo and wondered if they were new. So both episodes are new?
Yep, Parts I and II of the same storyline.
Old 07-02-03, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Morf
Yep, Parts I and II of the same storyline.
ah, just like they did w/ that one last season. thanks!
Old 07-02-03, 12:00 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

They're supposed to be letterbox this year. From what I remember, that will be their OAR as opposed to what they did with the first season.
Old 07-02-03, 12:01 PM
My Generosity Is Legendary

Originally posted by Red Dog
Spoiler:
These new episodes feature Darkseid so CN is running the Superman: TAS episodes featuring Darkseid beforehand.
Nice spoiler. Too bad CN's commercials don't have spoiler tags.
Old 07-03-03, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 449 Likes on 307 Posts
Originally posted by Pac-Rat
They're supposed to be letterbox this year. From what I remember, that will be their OAR as opposed to what they did with the first season.
They showed the first season in letterbox. Each week there was a new episode, there would be 3 showings of the new episode. Two of the showings would be full frame (open matte), but one of the showings (usually the middle one) would be letterbox. I always watched the letterboxed ones, as that is the aspect ratio that the animators composed the drawings for.
Old 07-04-03, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Flay
Cool Beans.

The JL mini-movie was the last thing I saw that was new.
What mini-movie?

The only one I know is the 1st three shows, when the Aliens were attacking earth.

I am looking forward the new shows. I think this season will be even more edgey than last years.
Old 07-04-03, 08:29 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally posted by Iron_Giant
What mini-movie?

The only one I know is the 1st three shows, when the Aliens were attacking earth.

I am looking forward the new shows. I think this season will be even more edgey than last years.
Well, they showed it as a 90 minute movie originally, then they broke it down into 3 episodes.

It's called "The Savage Time". Vandal Savage goes back in time to change the outcome of World War II with advanced technology. The Justice League minus Batman goes back in time to lend the Allies a hand.
Old 07-04-03, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Flay
Well, they showed it as a 90 minute movie originally, then they broke it down into 3 episodes.

It's called "The Savage Time". Vandal Savage goes back in time to change the outcome of World War II with advanced technology. The Justice League minus Batman goes back in time to lend the Allies a hand.
I recorded the 3rd show of the "Movie" onto DVD, I have never seen the 1st 2 shows. The 3rd show was great, can't wait for it to come around again.
Old 07-05-03, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If past shows are any indication, here's the plots for any two upcoming episodes:

The first involves a bunch of cool super heros doing a bunch of lame unentertaining things. The second involves the least interesting half of the JLA team doing more lame unentertaining things.

Old 07-05-03, 09:51 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Well it's over, and it wasn't bad- but not all that good either. Par for the course I guess.

What I found particularly interesting was that there now seems to be continuity between WB's DC cartoons. Batman mentioned how Darkseid stomped Supes' ass in his series (an event exclusive to the cartoon, not DC continuity). Of course this makes no sense, because if there were other heroes around at the time during an invasion they would have made an appearance.

Oh, and The Black Racer appearing with the Forever People at the end of the series? I think not. Death doesn't have that many friends...

BTW- Lots of Teen Titan previews. It looks like Pokemon! Geez.
Old 07-06-03, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am watching Part 1 and recording to my computer so I can make a DVD of it. But the sound went of on the 2nd half off Part 1.

The sound came back on right at the end of the Part 1. I hope it stays on for the Part 2.

Bummer.

Last edited by Iron_Giant; 07-06-03 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-06-03, 03:15 AM
DVD Talk God

not bad, but not great either. it was cool seing darkseid and braniac together, however as cool as braniac is they made him look weak. usually he's much stronger than everyone.
Old 07-06-03, 10:06 AM

Originally posted by Eric F
no sense, because if there were other heroes around at the time during an invasion they would have made an appearance.
Did you notice in one of the Superman Akropolis episodes that the Hall of Justice was in the background while Superman was beating up some of the flying bad guys? Maybe only Aquaman was in there, and well... they weren't flying fish!
Old 07-06-03, 10:08 AM

I like this series, but you are right.. some of the uninteresting heroes kinda bring it down.. hawkgirl, maybe you will find your home....blah blah blah.. replace J'ohn with The Green Lantern at least! (on that mission)
Old 07-06-03, 10:31 AM
Banned

Come on, J'on is the most interesting character of the bunch. They need to give him his own series.

Green Lantern's ring can't do anything. It bugs me that the guy is an architect, and the best he can do is energy bubbles and beams? In DC canon GL's have always been among the most powerfull of the heroes- and Hawkgirl was, er, uh, lol.

Batman getting inbetween Supes and Darkseid? I hope Bats has more sense than that. Hehe.
Old 07-06-03, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I love the series.

It looks like they are going to bring out some of the background stories of the characters.

Superman and Batman's dislike really came out in this show.

It is going to be a great season.

Last edited by Iron_Giant; 07-06-03 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-06-03, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
If Hawkgirl's planet is so far away, how did she end up on Earth? Did they address this in Secret Origins? I can't remember.

Okay episode.
Old 07-06-03, 11:28 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
If Hawkgirl's planet is so far away, how did she end up on Earth? Did they address this in Secret Origins? I can't remember.
She had a line in the beginning of Twilight last night.. talking to J!on... where she was chasing some bad guys or something and got caught in an energy beam and her molecules were scattered halfway cross the cosmos... and her people never even heard of the Green Lantern Corps....

Also, my ReplayTV guide called these episodes "Twilight of the Gods" whereas the beginning of the show just said "Twilight"... odd.

Last edited by theedge; 07-06-03 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-06-03, 12:54 PM
Banned

Hmm, does Iron Giant like this show? I wonder...

So, does this Hawkgirl have superpowers? They haven't said either way. In the current DC continuity the Thangarians have no powers, correct?
Old 07-06-03, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk God

He also likes to save them to the computer and burn them to DVD!
Old 07-06-03, 01:51 PM

So, does this Hawkgirl have superpowers? They haven't said either way. In the current DC continuity the Thangarians have no powers, correct?
Not sure, it doesn't seem like she has superpowers... she can fly, cause, duh, she is a hawk! And she has a nice thor's hammer type weapon...

I always wondered why Wonder Woman could fly now? What happened to the Invisible Jet?!

And, damnit, Where is Zan and Janea? Wonder twin powers....

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.