Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

How to zoom in Brute Force???

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-03, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to zoom in Brute Force???

Can someone tell me how to use the zoom in brute force, I just cant get it to work! Note that I have no manual since I bought it used and whoever had it seemed to have no more intelligence than a monkey.
Old 06-29-03, 05:09 PM

Click in the right stick I believe. If not try the left one.
Old 06-29-03, 06:18 PM

right stick shoots, left uses item

might be only flint can zoom, but I assumed that you could zoom with the sniper rifle although I dont know how
Old 06-29-03, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have to click the right stick to shoot? That sounds bad. Why not use the right trigger?
Old 06-29-03, 08:28 PM

I just looked at a FAQ: According to it, you do press the right stick to zoom.

You do understand the difference between the right STICK and right TRIGGER, don't you? The right trigger is on the underside of the joystick, and feels like a trigger, and apparently this does control shooting. The right stick is on the top of the controller, looks like the left stick, and pressed in many directions, like up, down, left and right. It also acts as a button, and can be pressed in (press on the top of it, downward towards the controller like a regular button would be pressed).
Old 06-29-03, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Feneant
right stick shoots, left uses item

might be only flint can zoom, but I assumed that you could zoom with the sniper rifle although I dont know how
Every character that can use the sniper rifle can zoom, by pressing the right stick as described here by several others.

When you do it with Flint the targeting reticle does not move and you don't hear her breathing (like you do with the others) since she is an android.

Also you kick in their special abilities by pressing the white button. Flint's special ability is lock on targeting within her field of view when zoomed...
Old 06-30-03, 07:32 AM

Oh, ok, right triger and right click.

So, right click, is it the one that you have 2 of (to move and turn) or the one that you use to select caracters?? It's just that one right click turns right, the other changes to flint an the other turns the camera to the right?

Wow... am I daft or what - I'll try when I get home.
Old 06-30-03, 10:11 AM

There is only one RIGHT ANALOG STICK. It is on the right side of the joystick, on the top, and is moved around with your RIGHT THUMB, in a north/south/east/west type movement. BUT: IT ALSO CAN BE USED AS A BUTTON, PRESSED DOWN ON UPON. NOT DOWN AS IN SOUTH, BUT DOWN INTO THE CONTROLLER; Imagine thinking that the right stick was too tall for your taste, and you wanted to make it shorter by pressing down on it. That DOWN, get it?

Did you ever play halo? Do you know how you zoomed in that game? It is the same here.

What was it you said about " no more intelligence than a monkey"?
Old 06-30-03, 01:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by TheMadMonk

Did you ever play halo? Do you know how you zoomed in that game? It is the same here.

What was it you said about " no more intelligence than a monkey"?
Well, if he owns an x-box and has never played Halo, that would be definitely saying something about his intelligence level wouldn't it... j/k

On the other hand if he has played Halo, intuitively he would know how to zoom...
Old 06-30-03, 03:51 PM

Is it a good time to mention that I have no analog stick on the right but its on the left I'll try that tonight if I play (probably going to take it back and trade for Halo which I have yet to play)
Old 06-30-03, 03:59 PM
JM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Feneant
Is it a good time to mention that I have no analog stick on the right but its on the left I'll try that tonight if I play (probably going to take it back and trade for Halo which I have yet to play)
What kind of Xbox controller do you have that only has one analog stick? The standard Xbox controller has 2 analog sticks, right and left, and so does every third-party controller I have ever seen.
Old 07-02-03, 04:02 PM

I have to ask... did you get this figured out? Did you get a controller with a right analog stick?