Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

family guy episode question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-03, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 390 Likes on 279 Posts
family guy episode question

There were a few bits that I really loved and haven't come acroos yet in the first box set.

One had the museme of Irish history where a woman falls over and delivers a baby every few seconds.

The second has Stewie walking down the road to the incredible hulk sad music and thumbing.

The third one is a funeral where the guy goes from blowing taps to some popular jazz song.

Anyone know which episodes / season these were?
Thanks!
Jeff
Old 06-26-03, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am pretty sure that "the second has Stewie walking down the road to the incredible hulk sad music and thumbing" is in the boxset for the first two seasons. Can't remember the exact episode though...
Old 06-26-03, 11:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The episode with the woman giving birth every few seconds (like a mechanical haunted house ride), as well as a couple of drunk Irish guys fighting, etc. is listed here:

"Peter Griffin: Husband, Father…Brother?"
FG-306
Original Air Date: 12/06/01

Chris gets a new job as the water boy for the basketball team. After being around the black players, Chris becomes a super-cool black dude in a white person's body. Cleveland takes Chris to learn about his own Irish heritage at a museum. Chris later visits a library to look up his genealogy and is elated to discover that a black man (Nate Griffin) was part of his family. Peter tries to embrace his black culture by visiting a black theatre and club, but he doesn't get it. When Lois' parents visit, it is revealed that the Pewterschmidts' ancestors owned Nate Griffin. The Pewterschmidts' give Peter money to alleviate their guilt. Soon Peter begins to suffer the discrimination of being black.
While at a basketball game, Peter looks in the mirror and he sees Nate, who shows him that he has been selfish. Peter announces to everyone in the gym that he was a jerk for taking the money. He throws the cash in the air, and everyone scrambles to get their share, showing that all races are unified by greed. Meanwhile, Stewie plots to get rid of the head cheerleader so he can be on top of the pyramid.
Old 06-26-03, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts
Incredible hulk one:

It's in the second season, an episode called "Wasted Talent"
The one where Peter gets drunk and has to perform for Lois's recital...
Old 06-26-03, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I think the best Hulk joke on that show is
Spoiler:
When Mr. Weed dies and Peter gives the eulogy and puts Jesus' face next to the Hulk's and well I forgot how it goes, but that cracks me up everytime.
Old 06-26-03, 01:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by spainlinx0
I think the best Hulk joke on that show is
Spoiler:
When Mr. Weed dies and Peter gives the eulogy and puts Jesus' face next to the Hulk's and well I forgot how it goes, but that cracks me up everytime.
This show is loaded with Hulk references like when Peter tries on Lois's brother-in-law's clothes and asks his Lois's sister to say, "Bruce Banner I just slashed your tires."

Old 06-26-03, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 390 Likes on 279 Posts
thanks guys. I absolutely love this show. I hope fox makes the movie someone mentioned a few weeks back or that Cartoon network makes new episodes.
Old 06-26-03, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Brain Stew
This show is loaded with Hulk references like when Peter tries on Lois's brother-in-law's clothes and asks his Lois's sister to say, "Bruce Banner I just slashed your tires."
Or how about when Peter tries to explain why he cancelled Stewie's birthday party at Cheesy Charlie's?

"Bravo, Peter. You're the Spalding Gray of crap."
Old 06-26-03, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Professor Frink
Or how about when Peter tries to explain why he cancelled Stewie's birthday party at Cheesy Charlie's?

"Bravo, Peter. You're the Spalding Gray of crap."
haha Yes! Family Guy is a classic.