Community
Search

Original Roger Rabbit - DVD

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-03, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Original Roger Rabbit - DVD

Quick Question:

Does anyone know if the original Who Framed Roger Rabbit DVD was edited? By edited, I mean the Baby Herman scenes, etc.

I am talking about the release here.

I saw it used for $4.99 and if it were unedited, I would buy it just because I am a completist freak.

Thanks!
Zack
Old 06-23-03, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's edited.

And it's only two or three frames that weren't supposed to be in it anyway.

If you REALLY want those cut frames, get the Laserdisc.
Old 06-23-03, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, compared to the Vista DVD, one scene is more edited and one scene is less edited.

The Baby Herman finger scene is totally butchered in this version, but on the Vista he raises his arm without the finger, and on the trailer in the Vista it’s intact!

Now when it comes to the Jessica Rabbit pubes, in the original DVD the pubes are replaced by underwear, but in the Vista it’s replaced by her red dress.

So IMO the Vista DVD is on the plus side in terms of censorship.

While on the topic, I don’t suppose anyone knows a place to download a clip of the Jessica Rabbit scene 100% intact? I don’t mean pics from snopes.com, I mean an actual mpg or something.

Plus,

The Bugs Bunny flipping scene and the part where Donald Duck sounds like he emits a racial slur to Daffy are 100% intact on all DVDs.

Then of course there’s Betty Boop’s breast and Eisner’s phone number which were taken off all home versions.

Last edited by Class316; 06-23-03 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-23-03, 09:44 PM

Thanks for the information. I was just curious really. Those scenes aren't a huge deal to me. . . I just don't like it when they edit stuff like that. I can understand Eisner's phone number being removed (though I am sure he changed it...)

Anyways, thanks for the information!
Zack
Old 06-25-03, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Originally posted by Class316
Then of course there’s Betty Boop’s breast and Eisner’s phone number which were taken off all home versions.
I am pretty sure (98%) that there was "A" phone number on my laserdisc, instead of the words "The best is yet to be."

My disc was the CLV version instead of the CAV, however, my player had a special feature of "digital still frame" that most players didn't have.
Old 06-25-03, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by littlefuzzy
I am pretty sure (98%) that there was "A" phone number on my laserdisc, instead of the words "The best is yet to be."

My disc was the CLV version instead of the CAV, however, my player had a special feature of "digital still frame" that most players didn't have.
really?? so go and check and come tell us!
Old 06-27-03, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

*bump*

come on people tell us if the number is on the LD!
Old 06-27-03, 09:28 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
no it's not, I'm looking at it right now!
Old 06-27-03, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
While on the topic, I don’t suppose anyone knows a place to download a clip of the Jessica Rabbit scene 100% intact? I don’t mean pics from snopes.com, I mean an actual mpg or something.
When played at regular speed, you can't see anything. The under-the-dress image was only a frame or two, not visible to the human eye.
Old 06-27-03, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by sparks
no it's not, I'm looking at it right now!
Oh i see. So what is there? Is it the same as the DVD?

iceworld2.netfirms.com/writing.jpg

Originally posted by Josh Z
When played at regular speed, you can't see anything. The under-the-dress image was only a frame or two, not visible to the human eye.
I know but I still want a clip. The Baby Herman finger scene is intact on the trailer and almost intact in the main feature. So a good quality mpeg to complete the DVD as much as possible would be nice.
Old 06-27-03, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
The new version is better in every way possible. extra's and all. I wouldn't recommand the original to anyone. just stick to the SE
Old 06-27-03, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I swear people look for anything with this movie. Bugs bunny didn't flip off Mickey Mouse, he was twiddling fingers.

Actually, compared to the Vista DVD, one scene is more edited and one scene is less edited.

The Baby Herman finger scene is totally butchered in this version, but on the Vista he raises his arm without the finger, and on the trailer in the Vista it’s intact!

Now when it comes to the Jessica Rabbit pubes, in the original DVD the pubes are replaced by underwear, but in the Vista it’s replaced by her red dress.

So IMO the Vista DVD is on the plus side in terms of censorship.

Plus,

The Bugs Bunny flipping scene and the part where Donald Duck sounds like he emits a racial slur to Daffy are 100% intact on all DVDs.

Old 06-27-03, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Roto
I swear people look for anything with this movie. Bugs bunny didn't flip off Mickey Mouse, he was twiddling fingers.
Look at the expression of Mickey Mouse when he does do it (and even the expression of Bugs). It’s too much of a coincidence. IMO it was obviously slipped in there.