Community
Search

Cowboy Bebop - Series vs. The Movie

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-03, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cowboy Bebop - Series vs. The Movie

I just watched Cowboy Bebop The Movie and I liked it quite a bit. How similar is the series and is there a good place to order it?
Old 06-23-03, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good question. I'd like a recomendation on the best way to buy this series.
Old 06-23-03, 03:12 PM

The movie is like an extended episode of the series. So if you liked the movie you will probably like the series.

50% off the series here...
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...em/60203/4/0/0
Old 06-23-03, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by DeputyDave
Good question. I'd like a recomendation on the best way to buy this series.
Buy the 6 disc bundle at Rightstuf or Amazon. Trust me, after you see just one session, you'll want the other 25. The cheapest way to buy them is in the 6 disc bundle. Amazon has it for $89.01 after the share the love discount is applied.
Old 06-23-03, 03:42 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The movie is really just an extended episode. it takes place roughly between the early 20's of the series. It's a great film and series is just that cool. I would suggest buying them off amazon on the bundle. You will not get the box, but really, the box set really had nothing more then the box and a soundtrack which you could really find at any anime store.
Old 06-23-03, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
You will not get the box, but really, the box set really had nothing more then the box and a soundtrack which you could really find at any anime store.
:::hugs Lt. Edition Bebop box:::
Don't listen to that JackSkeleton, you are special. He knows not what he says.
Old 06-23-03, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

But that soundtrack unless anime shops are selling them cheaper, are like anywhere from 25 to 40 on amazon since they are imports. And to get the two key songs, Tank! (the theme song) you have to get cb ost, and to get the closing song (the real folk blues) you have to get cb Vitimenless.
Old 06-23-03, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
ok, lets put it this way then... the limited box set is selling on ebay for anywhere in the high 100's to 200 range. the dvd set is about 90 bucks at amazon. is a cardboard box and cd at this point worth that much extra? Not to mention when most folks dumped the box and went with the champaign metal box to store the dvd's then it really doesn't come out as worth it to really get the limited box set unless you got it when it first came out.

I have it, I enjoy it. But I wouldn't recommand folks to get it for the high prices they range from on ebay and the such.
Old 06-23-03, 05:25 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
But that soundtrack unless anime shops are selling them cheaper, are like anywhere from 25 to 40 on amazon since they are imports. And to get the two key songs, Tank! (the theme song) you have to get cb ost, and to get the closing song (the real folk blues) you have to get cb Vitimenless.
And just to share a link:

http://www.animenation.com/cds-anime...boy-bebop.html

Though I would recommend picking up the 5 disc set if you can find it, great albums.
Old 06-23-03, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I got 4 on ebay for 45 bucks brand new
Old 06-23-03, 05:29 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
ok, lets put it this way then... the limited box set is selling on ebay for anywhere in the high 100's to 200 range. ...

I have it, I enjoy it. But I wouldn't recommand folks to get it for the high prices they range from on ebay and the such.
Agreed its not needed, and it goes for outrageous prices.

If you see it for 100 to 200 dollars then that is a boot, or an empty box. No way can the Ltd. set be selling for 100 - 200.
Old 06-23-03, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

where's the link to the guy who is selling just the box?
Old 06-23-03, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

http://sonryu.homestead.com/dvdboxes.html
Old 06-23-03, 09:33 PM

I thought Paul was unable to sell the Bebop metal boxes anymore. Didn't Bandai warn him?
Old 06-24-03, 01:27 AM

Just "custom order" it
Old 06-24-03, 01:37 AM
Banned

The series is a lot better than the movie. So much that the movie made the series look bad. Don't get me wrong, the movie was decent but it pales in comparison to the series. It's just that I really don't care to watch the movie again.
Old 06-25-03, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Excellent. Thanks for the input. Looks like I'll be buying this series sometime in the near future.
Old 06-25-03, 05:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Now for another question:

Is this legit? All 26 episodes on 3 discs? How is the quality? Amazon has this listed but it's out of stock.
Old 06-25-03, 06:02 AM
Banned

It looks like it's probably some kind of Hong Kong pirate. The odd thing is though the choice of English dialogue and no Chinese subtitles. It could be a new bootleg version.

It's not legit but it's probably just as good sound and videowise. I'd jump on it myself but I live near Chinatown anyway. (10 dollars shipping!)
Old 06-25-03, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by FatTony

Is this legit? All 26 episodes on 3 discs? How is the quality? Amazon has this listed but it's out of stock.
I believe that is definitely a boot. Check Amazon Zshops and you'll find quite a few people selling the 'Perfect Sessions' 3 DVD Taiwan import that is sans CD. I have seen the Zshops version and it is actually one of the best boots I've seen package wise. You'd never know it wasn't legit until you put it in and noticed slight pixelization, soft picture and slightly inferior sound.
Old 06-25-03, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: In my secret underground lair, plotting to TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Bwuaaahahahaha!!
Be careful on Amazon, Half.com, and of course, E-Bay... There are many sellers who are selling boots of Cowboy Bebop (also Escaflowne.)
Old 06-25-03, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by FatTony

flat out, it's a bootlegt. if you see any anime series with little amounts of disc and with a region 0 coding, chances are it's a bootleg. in some cases if it's a boot from the region 1 version it might have subs and dubs, but in most cases they will just have subs.
Old 06-26-03, 12:27 AM

Originally posted by Revoltor
It looks like it's probably some kind of Hong Kong pirate. The odd thing is though the choice of English dialogue and no Chinese subtitles. It could be a new bootleg version.

It's not legit but it's probably just as good sound and videowise. I'd jump on it myself but I live near Chinatown anyway. (10 dollars shipping!)
It is a boot of the R1 releases, that is why their is the english dub and sub on it. Do not buy it, support the industry that brings us these fantastic titles. They are taking what is on 6 discs and cramming it onto 3, so obviously the PQ is not going to be as good. Get the 6 disc bundle at RightStuf for 89.99.
Old 06-26-03, 12:44 AM
Banned

Support the industry? Fantastic titles?

As long as fansubbers are allowed to exist, no thanks.
Old 06-26-03, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Fan subs are there for series that actually need it. It was for the series that never made it to the U.S. soil. Stuff like Azumanga, which was recently licensed for a U.S. release so it goes to show you now that anime is more popular and a bit more accepted that just about every show will be released on dvd.

Main reason to suppot the industry:

1.) You show Licensers that you want more of the same and they go and license more titles which normally wouldn't ever make it to U.S. grounds without fansubbers in higher quality

2.) You get the anime market out of the "niche" market area.

3.) You ain't freak'n robin hood robbing from the rich and giving to the poor, those start up anime distribution companies are trying to survive, if you don't support them NO ONE will distribute anime here.

I can understand if the series hasn't been anounced to be released on R1 yet. Fine go get the fansubs, Chances are I already got the one you were looking for anyways, but when the dvd comes out SUPPORT the distributor.

Please REALIZE what Fan subbers are for. Look at Anime Junkies, those A-holes recently were giving Urban Vision a pain in the arse when they kept fansubbing an already licensed title of Ninja Scroll TV. Hell the series sucks and they still fan subbed it even though the "Ethics" of Fansubbers is that if it's licensed then it's something you don't touch. Not to mention AJ's sub quality is crap because they translate it from Japanese to Korean then to English. Talk about a step down in quality. Anyhow, Even if you download Fansubs you should support the industry.

Hell, You don't want to know how many series I have on my computer at any given time, but you know what, if you look at my dvd collection you will see that I own each series I have if it's out in R1. Why? Because by doing this, I support the series and hey, maybe if there is a movie, the distributor will see that I bought the dvd and try to get the rights to distribute the movie aswell. Since they also see a lot of folks are buying it then hell, they might sweeten it up with some extra's or something.

Now for the Cowboy bebop set. Look at how good the quality is. The Fan Sub has NOTHING on the real thing. First off you don't get the excellent dubs in it. I'm a sub person but hey, I'll give props to CB and say that it had a well done Dub track.. Now if you have the Bootleg Cowboy bebop 3 disc set then you can't talk anything about it being fansubbed, cause it's not. It's a damn bootleg.

Another thing.. Don't BUY fansubs. Fansubs are suppose to be free for a reason. This way no profit is being made and no cash is being taken away from both the creators or the distributors. Fansubs are suppose to be free and the distribution of them should stop the moment it's declared licensed in the region. simple as that.

End rant.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.