Old 06-18-03, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star Wars Galaxies online pricing

Found this on Gamers.com

Gamers.com: News:

Star Wars Galaxies Release Date

By: D. F. Smith June 17, 2003 12:45 PM PDT
After lengthy anticipation, speculation, and fannish hand-wringing, LucasArts has announced the release date and pricing for the PC version of Star Wars Galaxies, its massively-multiplayer online RPG set in the famous filmed sci-fi universe. The game will see release on June 26, at a price of $49.95, and players will pay the following fees to adventure online:

Month-to-month: $14.99 per month.
Three-month subscription: $14 per month.
Six-month subscription: $13 per month.
12-month subscription: $12 per month.
The especially well-heeled or committed may also pick up a special collector's edition of the game for $79.95, including a book of artwork, a pewter figurine, a lapel pin and patch set, a signed manual, and extra in-game items.

"The release of Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided is a truly defining moment for LucasArts and we're confident the game will meet player's expectations," said LucasArts president Simon Jeffery. "The current subscription plan for Star Wars Galaxies is reflective of the game's high quality and competitive with the current marketplace. No matter which subscription option players choose they'll be able to look forward to a constant stream of dynamic content and features, first-rate customer service and much, much more."

Gamers.com SW Galaxies pricing

You know I've said this before about online gaming (maybe not to you guys but I've said it to someone), there's no way I'll pay to play. The idea that I have to keep paying for something I already bought out right really irritates the heck out of me. I don't care how big a fan of Star Wars I am, $14.99 a month is too much to pay for a game.
Old 06-18-03, 10:27 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Already being discussed here:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=299721