Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

NFL2K3: I cannot run the ball, and my pass defense is last in the league....HELP!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

NFL2K3: I cannot run the ball, and my pass defense is last in the league....HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-03, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love this game - hands down the best football game I've ever played. And yes, I just got it....long story.

Problem is, I cannot run the ball. I have Ahman Green on my fantasy/franchise team, but I'm averaging only 3 yards/carry, and we're like 31st in the league. My pass defense is even worse, where I'm dead last, despite having Ty Law and Ronde Barber as my CBs and Leroy Butler as a FS. (And, for some reason, my fourth CB is never EVER used...I know I can change that though eventually).

Please help, as I love to run the ball, but can't muster any breakout plays.

Thanks!
Old 06-18-03, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well, these games are extremely realistic.

You should try opening up the running game by passing early. If you're strategy is run/run/run - then the opposing defense will put 8 men in the box and essentially kill your running game.

For passing defense, you may want to institute more of a pash rush. If you're playing a lot of zone without putting pressure on the QB, he'll have all day to sit back there and tear you apart. Try and pressure on 1st and 2nd down - then bring a nickel package on third and long.

Good luck! Great game.
Old 06-18-03, 08:56 AM

are you playing on all-pro? all-pro is tough to run and the cornerbacks are pretty good at picking you off... to pass-defend, i usually choose to be the middle linebacker and try to pick up the open guy. this game is great but i hate how the computer controlled players jump and swat the ball for no reason and end up always getting beat
Old 06-18-03, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm getting a LITTLE better, but not really. Also, another problem follows at the bottom.....

And no, I'm a complete cheater wuss, and I'm playing on the ROOKIE level!!

Still, I have to talk about this game. I know other games previously had Franchise mode, but I never owned one that did. I love this stuff. Can't wait til the offseason to make some moves and grab some good players.

P.S. I created a playbook and saved it, but when I load it, it doesn't show up in my game. I used all Ace formations from the other teams even though my team doesn't have that formation. What gives???