Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone else pick up the Mcfarlane figures?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-03, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone else picked up the Mcfarlane collectiable figures?

I picked up Neo and Trinity today at Sam Goody's.. My impressions are varied.

First off, each figure comes with a background to put together , so you can recreate one of the Matrix scenes. Just so happens both Trinity and Neo's is the lobby scene from the first Matrix..

Neo's figure is well defined and comes with three different guns, one of which is a rifle. He has a plastic "peg" in one of his hands, so that when you put the scene together, you can place him in his cartwheel / handstand shoot out pose. You really have to get him just at the right angle for it to look decent and stand up, otherwise the peg simply falls out of place .

Trinity comes with one gun and looks great. On the other hand, her scene isn't so great. It's the classic scene where she runs on the wall and shoots. She has a peg in one foot that does not want to support her weight. I kept tryin and almost broke it.. Finally, I got her to stand (for how long, is anyone's guess) and it still doesn't look right, in my opinion.

Over all, the figures look great, but don't be fooled by the box. You'll be hard pressed to get these figures to actually go in the pose from the lobby scene.
Old 06-17-03, 03:58 PM

Upate: The part to hold Trinity broke.
Damn these things.
Old 06-17-03, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I reserved them all and picked them up ages ago.

They are pretty cool. I certainly think you got a bum figure. My Trinity went in with no problems and she has stayed that way since these figures were released.

I got a MM6 Predator figure recently and his foot snapped off while I was putting him up on the shelf. Now and then you are bound to get burned but overall I'm very pleased with his figures.
Old 06-17-03, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=294247

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...highlight=twin

The box set is nice. I picked it up at toys r us for 20 bucks. nice for the price if you ask me since it's a pretty detailed box set. What is going to be in series two? Who knows.

My trinity has had no problems either.
Old 06-18-03, 01:54 PM

I guess I'll go buy another Trinity figure , just in case.

Thanks guys
Old 06-18-03, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm disappointed by the figures in the series. I really just want stand alone figures like in the previous Movie Maniacs.

I hope series two has some, but I have a feeling we'll see some more scenes from Reloaded or Revolutions or something. Gr.

Anyway, am I the only one that thinks the Morpheus figure is one of the worse ones McFarlane has put out?
Old 06-18-03, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It's nice going into a toy thread and seeing Jackskeleton. You were a little slow getting to this one.

I had no idea Twin 2 was so hard for some people to find. I know countless folks who are going nuts trying to find these. Are they that tough to come by? Like I said.....I reserved mine so I have no idea.
Old 06-18-03, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I found twin 2, but have had no luck in finding twin 1. Infact, that's the only I couldn't find. I do agree with Corvin that Morpheus is one bad figure. the whole purple suit makes him look like the joker. It just looks to bright. blah. Hopefully we will get some reloaded versions of Neo or something.
Old 06-19-03, 02:18 PM

I want a stand alone figure of Neo in his long black trench coat outfit. That's all, I really wanted.

And I agree, Morpheus lacks detail and just looks downright terrible.

I'm curious as to what series two will bring. My guess is Agent Smith and some Neo variants.
Old 06-26-03, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Taken from ActionFigure.com

Entertainment Earth has listed 3 items for pre-order which give the briefest of details about what McFarlane has planned (although bare in mind things do change).

Matrix Revolutions Case Assortment. No names are listed but we can garner a few possible things.

First off this listing states "will only include 6 inch scale figures in scenes/poses from the final film of the Matrix trilogy, The Matrix Revolutions".

What does this tell us? Well it looks like all the figures WILL be from the new movie... the current series is a mix of characters from Matrix and Matrix Reloaded. On the downside, the "scenes/poses" part suggests that these are going to be very similar to the existing figures (i.e. my hopes for a super articulated Neo have been seriously diminshed).

Now on the deluxe front, there's a bit (only a bit) of a suprise, as it's listing not one but TWO boxed sets. A new one based on Matrix Reloaded and another based on Matrix Revolutions. Again, no details exist on what the deluxe set will consist of, but surprisingly, according to the pre-orders, these are both due at exactly the same time as the figures (December 2003).

With McFarlane seriously working hard to keep things under wraps (we've still not seen pictures of the T3 Deluxe set) and that's only a month or so away, I doubt we'll get to see anything before ToyFest 3, and even then I think a lot of things will be held back until the Movie's release.
Old 06-26-03, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I wish there was more NEO from reloaded. Though I still can't find twin 1 (blade).

Lets see if we get a figure based on Monica...
Old 06-28-03, 01:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Lets see if we get a figure based on Monica...
I am hoping for a blow up one
Old 06-29-03, 02:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

So.. anyone have an extra figure of Twin 1 (the one with the blade)? I can't seem to find it anywhere and now that i'm in florida, I don't have the same connections as I once did.
Old 06-29-03, 02:11 PM
Banned

So.. anyone have an extra figure of Twin 1 (the one with the blade)? I can't seem to find it anywhere and now that i'm in florida, I don't have the same connections as I once did.
Hey welcome to Florida Jack. I still need a twin 2. Oh yeah, though not related to your post. McFarlane did release pics of the T3 box set. Its nothing to spoiler worthy.
Old 06-29-03, 08:42 PM

A Niobe figure would be great for my desk! Hopefully the Revolutions line will put one out of her.
Old 06-29-03, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The T3 boxed set looks pretty impressive. I think I'm going to have to break down and order the entire series.

I've been looking around for you.....since you are one of the few on the board that is as dedicated to toys as I am.

I'm off on wed and hoping to make my normal toy runs. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.