Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > International DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Go See Internal Affairs (HK)

Community
Search
International DVD Talk Intl. DVDs, Region Free Players, RCE, Hong Kong DVDs & More

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-03, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it feels like Heat meets Deep Cover. its about a undercover narcotics cop that tries to bring down a triad. the thing is there's also a mole in the narcotics department.
Old 06-16-03, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree, InFernal Affairs is a great movie. I watched it for the first time just a few weeks ago, and I really enjoyed it.
Old 06-16-03, 07:14 PM

is this in theaters?
Old 06-16-03, 07:30 PM

Originally posted by MrPeanut
is this in theaters?
no is not, but if you live in any major metropolitan city, just go to your local asian mom and pop rental place, and they have the VCD for rent. i live in SF and i rented Hero about 6 months ago
Old 06-17-03, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have it.
Old 06-17-03, 12:12 AM

i have the 2 disk dvd edition.
it came out in theatres in hong kong and some parts of L.A. (i think thru private showings). Brad Pitt and Warner Brothers bought the remake rights for this movie. and there is a prequel coming in august and a sequel in winter 2003.

this movie is a dvd-must. forget the vcd edition!
my dvd copy is autographed by Kelly Chen. i only have the regular edition. u guys think i should get the special limited edition? it's released in a silver box, and includes a signed certificate and a comic book. the 2 dvd's are basically the same.
Old 06-17-03, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by tinlunlau
this movie is a dvd-must. forget the vcd edition!
my dvd copy is autographed by Kelly Chen. i only have the regular edition. u guys think i should get the special limited edition? it's released in a silver box, and includes a signed certificate and a comic book. the 2 dvd's are basically the same.
It's a nice collector's item, but if I already had the regular edition I probably wouldn't buy the Limited Edition. The only thing extra you get is the comic book (which is doesn't do you much good if you can't read Chinese, and it was apparently sold seperately since it has a price on it), the post cards (which have pictures of the cast on the front and a translation guide for Morse Code on the back), and the silver slipcover (which does look nice). According to the certificate there were only 3,000 of them made, so if you do want one you'd better order it as soon as possible. I got mine about a month ago from DVDShelf.
Old 06-18-03, 11:45 PM

Originally posted by Joe Molotov
It's a nice collector's item, but if I already had the regular edition I probably wouldn't buy the Limited Edition. The only thing extra you get is the comic book (which is doesn't do you much good if you can't read Chinese, and it was apparently sold seperately since it has a price on it), the post cards (which have pictures of the cast on the front and a translation guide for Morse Code on the back), and the silver slipcover (which does look nice). According to the certificate there were only 3,000 of them made, so if you do want one you'd better order it as soon as possible. I got mine about a month ago from DVDShelf.
yeah...that's the thing...i can read chinese and i was curious enough to see how the comic differs from the movie.
Old 06-19-03, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 725 Likes on 530 Posts
I have it.. liked Running Out of Time better.
Old 06-19-03, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

it really is a fun movie. these type of actioners where duty and conscience conflict usually fare well. i think i read a few months back that Brad Pitt's production company paid MediaAsia several millions for the U.S. remake rights. it'll be tough to beat the original!
Old 06-21-03, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I loved it. 2-disk Reg 3 is a great product too and CD-WOW sell it for just a few pennies.