Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

ID This 80's TV show...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-03, 04:08 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ID This 80's TV show...

I really can't remember much about the show other than the fact that it aired in the late 80's and it had a large robot (or alien) eye that flew around. I want to say that it had a tough guy like Arnold Schwarzenegger but I'm pretty sure it wasn't him.

Given that little info, I'm not sure if anybody will figure it out, but I'm hoping somebody might. I don't think the show lasted very long either.
Old 06-15-03, 04:39 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://epguides.com/HardTimeonPlanetEarth/

Hard Time on Planet Earth was a short-lived series that ran on CBS in the late 80's. It featured Martin Kove (formerly of Cagney & Lacey) as Jesse, an belligerent alien sentenced to Earth in human guise to learn humility. Watching over him, imparting his unique wisdom of Earth matters, is his floating conch-shaped overseer, Control. One of Jesse's first tasks on Earth is to get his naked ass covered, so he "borrows" a mechanic's suit from a garage with the name "Jesse" embroidered on it. Most of the time Jesse finds himself coming to the rescue of some plot-device-in-distress, flexing lots of muscle, and then leaving as unquietly as he came. And most of the time, Control was as useful as breasts on a bull. His knowledge of Earth life was about as reliable as a fifty year-old copy of Fodor's that's gone through the intestinal tract of the shark that ate Quint. Control got all the best lines, delivering commentary meant to be taken seriously by Jesse, but which left the audience in stitches. ("Hood ornaments on cars are valuable currency. You'll need several." So Jesse rips them off of cars as a cop walks up. OOPS!) Foreshadowing Terminator3, a member of Jesse's race comes to Earth in female form to seduce and destroy him. "You're here to terminate me," Jesse declares as he finally figures out what the woman is up to. If I remember correctly, Jesse is forgiven by his people and allowed to leave Earth. It was an amusing way to pass an hour.
Old 06-15-03, 05:18 PM

I remember watching this show. That's about all I remember though.
Old 06-16-03, 11:45 AM
Suspended

small wonder?
Old 06-16-03, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 729 Likes on 532 Posts
I talked to Martin Kove about it while on the Karate Kid 3 set. He liked the idea.. but didn't think it was gonna last.
Old 06-16-03, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: Chicago, only a stone's throw from Chicago (even if you throw like a girl)
Originally posted by devilshalo
I talked to Martin Kove about it while on the Karate Kid 3 set. He liked the idea.. but didn't think it was gonna last.

Martin has wisdom beyond his years.
Old 06-16-03, 06:40 PM
Mod Emeritus

Re: http://epguides.com/HardTimeonPlanetEarth/

Originally posted by benedict
Hard Time on Planet Earth
That's the one. Thanks.