Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"The Shield" Exec Producer signs 2 year deal

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-03, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"The Shield" Exec Producer signs 2 year deal

In a deal that will likely keep "The Shield" on FX through 2005, 20th Century Fox has signed a seven-figure, two-year development deal with the series' creator and executive producer Shawn Ryan. The pact will call for Ryan to remain with the drama series through its fourth season, the third of which is expected to bow in January 2004. In addition, Ryan will also create and executive produce new projects for the studio.

The deal is the largest for any showrunner in basic cable history. Valued at roughly $6 million, Ryan is set to make $200,000 per episode for each of "The Shield's" 26 episodes likely produced over the course of the next two seasons. While a fourth season (which would begin airing in January 2005) has not been officially picked up, it appears to be a foregone conclusion based on the deal and the show's overall success.
Link

Old 06-12-03, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since Oz and Buffy are gone The Shield is my favorite show on TV by far. 26 episodes in and not one of them bad. Can't wait for seaosn 3.
Old 06-13-03, 03:19 PM
mwj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. This is great news. I hope they can keep this cast relatively intact. It's great to have at least two more seasons to look forward to.
Old 06-13-03, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
As long as the show ends with Vic getting brutally murdered, I hope the show lasts a while.