Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Toshiba 3750-DVD Pic Pauses But Counter Still Runs

Community
Search
DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-03, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm using a Toshiba 3750.

Just last night, the first time I've had a problem, I was playing a dvd which played fine up to a point and then the picture froze, counter kept going, then the picture started playing again, but then it kept repeating the same problem.

I then tried another movie and it did the same. And I tried it on another machine and it did the same-another Toshiba-earlier model.
BUT, the one dvd played fine in my computer and a neighbors player. (Sony)

These were both independent films and I thought maybe they were just not produced right.

I put in a mainstream film and it seemed fine? Why are some playing ok and some aren't?

Really confused. I've never cleaned either player and see mixed reviews on whether to use a disc cleaner or not......Is my machine too sensitive to a small glitch? Should it be cleaned? Not sure what to do. thanks for your input!
Old 06-12-03, 11:32 AM

Actually I see other posts about similar issues sort of.....but any other help would be appreciated.....I'm going to unplug it for a day...? never knew you had to do such a thing as a possible fix?
Old 06-12-03, 05:57 PM

I have the 3750, and I don't think I've had this specific problem. How long does the pause last? How often does the problem repeat? Is it in the same spots every time or does it change? What are the two discs that do this (in case I have them I can check if mine messes up on them, too)?

I have had a problem with it though. I started a thread a couple weeks ago:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=294349

Have you had a problem with anything like that? I only got one response and no suggestions on how to fix it, so I don't know if this is a very rare problem, or I didn't describe it good enough, or what.

I haven't heard of the "unplug it for a day" fix, but it sounds worth trying, seeing as how that's a lot better than "live with it or get a new player."

If you get the problem fixed, I'd be interested in finding out what you did to get those discs to work properly.

Last edited by cloudnin; 06-12-03 at 06:00 PM.